John Padgett announces 2026 Sky Princess solar eclipse cruise.

Now when I check, pricing isn't available, thinking I might do the Norway one prior rather than the Scandinavian one after.  Depends on the deposit as Solar deposit was higher than normal.

My agent booked a BC cabin this morning.  I was checking and saw some cabins were now available.  My deck now only has Reserve guarantee cabins.

With the cruise selling so well this morning, Princess has increased the price.  My cruise fare has gone up by $825 more in just a few hours.

Amazing. We just got finished following up with our TA, thanks to this thread, that this cruise is now open for booking today rather than on May 22 for Elites. It will be interesting to see if she is able to book our 4 cabins, especially if we are the only ones that are Elite, even though we’re paying for all 4 cabins?

Can a TA put cabins On Hold for non-Elite guests to subsequently complete the booking process on the day the cabins are available to the general public?

39 minutes ago, phabric said:

My agent booked a BC cabin this morning.  I was checking and saw some cabins were now available.  My deck now only has Reserve guarantee cabins.

With the cruise selling so well this morning, Princess has increased the price.  My cruise fare has gone up by $825 more in just a few hours.

Noticed that price hike as well. I waited too long. we now have a cabin booked, but at a hefty price. 

Ahahaha! 🤣  I finally did get an email about the Europe 2026 booking early access savings etc.  They are really on top of this. 😉   I'm booked but sheesh that was some stressful time trying to access the website. 

Prices just climbed again! Maybe that was the reason for the  "not available" or "sold out" issues off and on all day, they were changing prices? 

Every time, I log in to look, the price has increased.

Maybe with so many trying to book, they figure put the price up and they will still book.

2 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Amazing. We just got finished following up with our TA, thanks to this thread, that this cruise is now open for booking today rather than on May 22 for Elites. It will be interesting to see if she is able to book our 4 cabins, especially if we are the only ones that are Elite, even though we’re paying for all 4 cabins?

Can a TA put cabins On Hold for non-Elite guests to subsequently complete the booking process on the day the cabins are available to the general public?

According to my CVP, Princess has changed from giving Elites the day before to giving Captain Circle members the week before opening the announced date to the general public.

2 hours ago, phabric said:

That's what's called highway robbery!

• Like 1

I sail single and my TAs price considerably less than Princess just now when I checked.

I'm going to book the Aug. 1st Norway Fjord cruise prior to the Aug. 8th Eclipse cruise.

I booked at about 630 am ET and got the last cabin of my first choice - a forward reserve mini. When i looked at what was available after work, the price had gone up $3000 per person! I had to check my booking to make sure I didn’t pay that much. 

55 minutes ago, billco said:

According to my CVP, Princess has changed from giving Elites the day before to giving Captain Circle members the week before opening the announced date to the general public.

More fascinating! My son logged on this morning to try to book it and it said the cruise was not available to book. Then after reading your post this afternoon, he tried again and magically was able to. They are both Platinum. Thanks!!!

1 hour ago, billco said:

Another Elite benefit bites the dust!

You & I were fortunate to be on Discovery’s better & more affordable TSE. Glad that we got a chance to briefly chat in the hallway.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, susancruzs said:

I sail single and my TAs price considerably less than Princess just now when I checked.

I'm going to book the Aug. 1st Norway Fjord cruise prior to the Aug. 8th Eclipse cruise.

I'm considering that one or the one after the 14-day. Depends on how pricing shakes out.  My TA mentioned there is probably going to be a Memorial Day sale or some offer, so keep that in mind.

I can’t understand how the prices have jumped up within a few hours.  Yes, prices do go up over time.  My cabin has gone up by $1,700/pp since this morning.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phabric said:

Carmen Roig, VP Princess, posted this on Facebook this Sale May 17-19.  You can check this out.

IMG_1527.png

"select voyages" 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, phabric said:

I can’t understand how the prices have jumped up within a few hours.  Yes, prices do go up over time.  My cabin has gone up by $1,700/pp since this morning.

Our MB cabins went up $500 pp from the morning time when we booked ours to when our adult children booked theirs this afternoon.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

11 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Our MB cabins went up $500 pp from the morning time when we booked ours to when our adult children booked theirs this afternoon.

We where on the Emerald TES. Got up yesterday at 2an and was able to book aft suite on deck 9.

Later in the day the price went up $3,000 and now they are solf out

• Like 2

On 5/16/2024 at 9:27 AM, MJC said:

I talked to a PVP yesterday since our travel agent is out this week. He told me he already had a list of his previous clients he was ready to book when it opened. I imagine that if lots of PVPs had similar lists, the bookings would be going fast and furious on their end.

I got myself up early and kept refreshing until the itinerary was available and I booked it myself. All the aft suites were already gone. I was lucky to get the cabin we wanted, at about 7:45am.

This is my first time booking as Elite and I never got any emails about early booking for past passengers. I only learned about today's opening date here on CC.

MJ ---

I think you, more than most others, know that I have been a stalwart Princess advocate.  But regarding The Discovery Princess cruise (which I was significant in them doing even as a Port stop) they didn't even have the courtesy of giving me either an advance eMail on it or call prior to when it could be booked.  It was only due to my dogged-viewing of their site that I found out (almost too late) that I could still book a stateroom.

As late as Wednesday (the day before this cruise went on sale) my Princess TA didn't know it was going to happen!  But he called me after I had spent 2 very-early-morning hours on Princess' site trying to find a Starboard side Balcony stateroom.  To his credit he "wait listed" me as he knew I was very interested ... and shortly thereafter called me back getting a room he knew I would like.  Even Collin (aka "my Princess Exec") didn't know a thing about it just over a week ago.  It is very unfortunate and embarrassing their left hand does not know what the right hand is doing.

So love Princess as I do, I often wonder why.  And I find it fascinating to see Padgett climbing on the TSE Band Wagon after unceremoniously doing nothing about Total Eclipses before, including both of the just-concluded ones on The Discovery and Emerald.  (And I have the USPS registered receipt return confirmations to prove it.)

For those of you that are just reading my postings for the first time, I literally dragged Princess kicking and screaming into doing these cruises AND changing them to reflect this Cruise Critic Community's desires and preferences ... all while making money hand over fist.  And everything that I told them and forecast would happen ... did.

So for all those that couldn't get a booking ... allow me to forecast one thing what will happen on this itinerary that you might like:  On May 10, 2026, the day that final payment is due and can be canceled without penalty, many of those currently booked will cancel.  It happened on The Emerald Princess and it will happen on this one too.  So if you really want to be on this cruise mark your calendar and be ready to act.

The best to you MJ --- The Helpster

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, help32250 said:

For those of you that are just reading my postings for the first time, I literally dragged Princess kicking and screaming into doing these cruises AND changing them to reflect this Cruise Critic Community's desires and preferences ... all while making money hand over fist.  And everything that I told them and forecast would happen ... did.

You think you could get them to schedule an Iceland/Greenland TSE cruise for 2026?  Please?? 🙂  I think our plan for 2026 is to try and be in Reykjavik for the eclipse.  I was really hoping to see Greenland while we're in the area (ideally before the eclipse so the kiddo can start school on time in mid-August).  I'm hoping maybe NCL will have something once they get around to releasing their itineraries.

We were fortunate enough to be able to drive to Nebraska in 2017 and then Texas last month.

1 hour ago, jenf22 said:

You think you could get them to schedule an Iceland/Greenland TSE cruise for 2026?  Please?? 🙂  I think our plan for 2026 is to try and be in Reykjavik for the eclipse.  I was really hoping to see Greenland while we're in the area (ideally before the eclipse so the kiddo can start school on time in mid-August).  I'm hoping maybe NCL will have something once they get around to releasing their itineraries.

We were fortunate enough to be able to drive to Nebraska in 2017 and then Texas last month.

Cunard has a cruise from Southampton to New York City that overnights in Reykjavik on August 12.  Just an FYI.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, help32250 said:

MJ ---

I think you, more than most others, know that I have been a stalwart Princess advocate.  But regarding The Discovery Princess cruise (which I was significant in them doing even as a Port stop) they didn't even have the courtesy of giving me either an advance eMail on it or call prior to when it could be booked.  It was only due to my dogged-viewing of their site that I found out (almost too late) that I could still book a stateroom.

As late as Wednesday (the day before this cruise went on sale) my Princess TA didn't know it was going to happen!  But he called me after I had spent 2 very-early-morning hours on Princess' site trying to find a Starboard side Balcony stateroom.  To his credit he "wait listed" me as he knew I was very interested ... and shortly thereafter called me back getting a room he knew I would like.  Even Collin (aka "my Princess Exec") didn't know a thing about it just over a week ago.  It is very unfortunate and embarrassing their left hand does not know what the right hand is doing.

So love Princess as I do, I often wonder why.  And I find it fascinating to see Padgett climbing on the TSE Band Wagon after unceremoniously doing nothing about Total Eclipses before, including both of the just-concluded ones on The Discovery and Emerald.  (And I have the USPS registered receipt return confirmations to prove it.)

So for all those that couldn't get a booking ... allow me to forecast one thing what will happen on this itinerary that you might like:  On May 10, 2026, the day that final payment is due and can be canceled without penalty, many of those currently booked will cancel.  It happened on The Emerald Princess and it will happen on this one too.  So if you really want to be on this cruise mark your calendar and be ready to act.

The best to you MJ --- The Helpster

No doubt this is probably true, but for how much?  Seems like everything is through the roof for this cruise.  Thanks much.