John Padgett announces 2026 Sky Princess solar eclipse cruise.

We were also on Emerald Princess , I found the Lido deck not crowded at all I even found somewhere to sit . The Eclipse Cocktail was nice but I never saw the cookies .All in all a wonderful cruise .

I am not sure if we will do the next one , weather in Spain will be hot but not as hot as the Panama Canal was . 

We try to avoid cruising during school vacation time.

Was so excited about this and almost had our travel agent on standby and then realized that that’s around the time our youngest will be starting college. So we can’t go 😭 Will have to hope to do a river cruise for the 2027 eclipse in Egypt.

13 hours ago, GK95 said:

Was so excited about this and almost had our travel agent on standby and then realized that that’s around the time our youngest will be starting college. So we can’t go 😭 Will have to hope to do a river cruise for the 2027 eclipse in Egypt.

That would be a very interesting alternative to an ocean cruise.  Love Egypt.  I may think about that also!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CruiseSter1ing said:

What time zone does Princess use when referring to bookings opening on May 23?  Pacific US or Eastern US?

Generally it’s the local time at their Santa Clarita CA headquarters…Pacific time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Generally it’s the local time at their Santa Clarita CA headquarters…Pacific time.

Port or Starboard or Aft cabin  on the Sky?
Will it matter?

All this talk is making me excited to book

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, cristine said:

Port or Starboard or Aft cabin  on the Sky?
Will it matter?

All this talk is making me excited to book

On Discovery the TSE was viewable from the starboard side of the ship & being at 70° above the horizon it was also easily viewable from the open upper decks. I did not learn about which side of the ship would see the TSE until during the cruise.

However I don’t think anyone will have a definitive answer about where to view it on the next TSE cruise. More knowledgable eclipse people might provide a more informed guess-timate but doubt if you’ll know prior to booking.

Reading some of the discussions totality will last nearly half of Discovery/Emerald’s 4:26. Also read it will be much closer to the horizon as sunset is approaching.

It was an amazing experience however for me it wouldn’t be as good in 2026. Although being a once in a lifetime experience for most of us the decision whether to book is a personal one & is not based on anyone else’s opinions.

On 5/4/2024 at 4:15 PM, phabric said:

I saw the Eclipse on April 8, 2024, just outside of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. 

Same here in Dallas.  Looks like an interesting cruise.  Our 55th anniversary is the day after the eclipse, so anxious to see the pricing.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, CruiseSter1ing said:

Our anniversary is the day of the eclipse.   But if we don't make this one, then there's August 12, 2045 over Florida.

Based on actuaries, I can almost guarantee with 100% certainty that I will be "looking up" at that one ....

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

If you're chillin in heaven, wouldn't you be looking down?

Retired ---

I'm talking about my Earth-based permanent retirement abode.  On the other hand, I think many at Princess would prefer my view be opposite to the one you are referring to.

--- The Helpster

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, help32250 said:

Retired ---

I'm talking about my Earth-based permanent retirement abode.  On the other hand, I think many at Princess would prefer my view be opposite to the one you are referring to.

--- The Helpster

So under the Princess scenario, you'd still be looking up, but just from a location a little bit further south. 😄

• Haha 1

Pretty upset about this:

1. Princess had previously announced bookings would not be available until May 23.
2. Website says $99 deposit - actual $800.
3. Unable to put it on hold.
4 I usually book midship obstructed deluxe balcony - only one was available.

13 minutes ago, phabric said:

As of 10:10am EST, on Princess site, the cruise shows Sold Out.

I went back to check going by each type of cabin on each deck, some decks show the yellow square with the words no cabins available and some decks show guarantee.

8 minutes ago, dreams_of_travel said:

That "sold out" is ridiculous.  Also, where is the Elite email announcing this is open for booking?   I know my travel agent mentioned getting up at 6am PT (she's west coast) to see if it was open for booking, instead of waiting until 9amPT.  I guess we wait and see how this all shakes out.

IF and mean IF, I receive Elite email it is usually in the evening of the day.

I only learned about the opening day for new itineraries was on Cruise Critic.

I feel sorry for non past passengers who wanted this cruise.  They will have to watch and see if anybody cancels or waitlist.  Some people, book right away and then cancel.

• Like 1