The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday May 29th, 2024

4 minutes ago, cunnorl said:

@kazu    Is today your Birthday??  If it is a very Happy Birthday to you. If it isnt, wish you a wonderful day anyway!

No not today, ibut thanks.  Not counting on being in a celebratory mood tomorrow.  Older seems to mean sorer 😞 😂 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, NextOne said:

Hi friends! Feeling grumpy this afternoon. A dear friend (DF) & I were supposed to go see Bonnie Raitt in concert in Baltimore this evening. DF returned yesterday from a 2-week trip to Portugal and was feeling "off" this morning, so went to Urgent Care. Yup, you guessed it! She has covid. Luckily, it seems she caught it early, so should have an easy recovery. I'm disappointed, but glad she'll be ok. There will be other concerts! 

Oh dear on your DF, Edi 😢. I hope she can recover quickly and easily. 🙏. Good thing she went to get checked.  

• Like 9

Tomorrow looks like another busy day.  We're replacing all the outside lights, and the person whomis doing the work will be here at 9am.  While he's doing that, I'm going to start getting the port ready to pressure wash.   When the pressure washing happens depends on what else is going on and the weather.  I just want to finish the projrct before it gets too hot.

3 hours ago, NextOne said:

Hi friends! Feeling grumpy this afternoon. A dear friend (DF) & I were supposed to go see Bonnie Raitt in concert in Baltimore this evening. DF returned yesterday from a 2-week trip to Portugal and was feeling "off" this morning, so went to Urgent Care. Yup, you guessed it! She has covid. Luckily, it seems she caught it early, so should have an easy recovery. I'm disappointed, but glad she'll be ok. There will be other concerts! 

Edi, I'm sorry your friend came home with Covid.  I hope it's a mild case and she recovers quickly.

3 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Good afternoon all,

The afternoon has turned out beautifully sunny, a little earlier than I expected.  So I've been working on de-candling  the Mugo Pine.  

The phone call with the nurse (pre-annual check up) was interesting.  I guess now that I'm "ahem" older, they do memory tests too...reciting the months backwards, counting backwards, memorizing an address and then remembering it after a lot of other discussion...scared me to death, my memory has never been good!  But I passed with flying colors thank goodness.  

Carolyn, after talking to our PCP's office, I had a regular check up with blood tests instead of the wellness visit.  That meant no memory test or pre-visit questions, and I could see the physician assistant not a special nurse.

Lenda

• Like 11

2 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Debbie it never occurred to me to refuse -- I don't blame you, and the memory test isn't fun and games 😉 And you're right, the doctor (or nurse) can easily know if I'm oriented to time and place by carrying on a conversation with me.  After all, that's what they did before this new requirement.  

It's Medicare who requires it, though.  And all my medical bills are paid by Medicare and Tricare, so I don't think I can refuse (?)

Yes, you can.  I have Medicare and I refuse this on a regular basis.  My bills get paid.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Good evening all!  Craig and I spent a lot of time cracking crab today. It was from my monthly seafood delivery. So after that I made Cajun spiced crab over polenta. Other than eating it plain with butter it’s my favorite way to eat it.  I also got more done on my Zuiderdam cruise. Wow, airline prices have gone up. 

Ann @cat shepard ~~ Happy Birthday!!  You are one year ahead of me. Did you get a new tiara?

Happy Anniversary @Horizon chaser 1957!!

Graham @grapau27, I hope you and Pauline are feeling better. 

Have a good evening!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, 0106 said:

Thanks to all who posted Anchorage pictures.  Seeing them made me want to do another Alaskan cruise.  Just read an interesting article 9 Can’t Miss Anchorage Activities

A great article!  Can vouch for moose’s tooth pizza and their salads!  Also liked the spruce tips ice cream.  That museum is incredible, the photos  I had of fishing was from that creek as was the salmon.   The only thing they missed is the Fstreet station  in halibut and chips is incredible.  We spent nine nights in Anchorage so visited most more than once.

@cat shepard glad you earned another tiara! 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, cat shepard said:

I may have mentioned that there was another tiara in my future. 

IMG_4698.jpeg.c6739b43fa30a93aced392c7e20cae65.jpeg

A wonderful group of friends to celebrate with. 

IMG_4694.jpeg.02b04a326302e4b909fc7c4672fc82b6.jpeg

And YES, tomorrow is @kazu’s big day!

Ann, I should have read ahead first!!  Lovely tiara and what a great group of friends to celebrate your birthday with!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Carolyn @Cruising-along and Debbie @dfish, I had never experienced the memory test until DM’s physical last month. It was her first time taking the test—at almost 95!  She was so irritated during the test because the questions seemed silly. I thought that the questions were ridiculous and not at all what should be asked. Of course she knew the day of the week, she had the appointment on her calendar that she looks at every day, plus she chooses her meals ahead of time from the calendar type menu the center puts out. 

Anyway, I’m going to suggest to her to ask them not to do it again. At this point I think her memory issues are mostly because of her hearing. 

• Like 8

55 minutes ago, dfish said:

Yes, you can.  I have Medicare and I refuse this on a regular basis.  My bills get paid.

My PCP's office phoned recently to tell me that I was due for a Medicare something-or-other. They've never done this before.

Now, the doctor would be embarrassed to ask me those kinds of questions, and the nurse practitioner would think it was hilarious. It's possible that an inexperienced PA might try. Which combination of them I see varies, largely depending on whether there's a medical student in the office that day--if so, the student does all the routine parts. I'm going to ignore the Medicare-whatever visit and book an ordinary follow-up, with blood tests done before it.

• Like 9

16 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Of course she knew the day of the week

This has always been a difficult question for me; it's why I used to have a morning newspaper delivered.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, P&PNH said:

Good evening to all.  We just returned from dinner at our favorite Italian restaurant in Manchester. Leftovers for another night in the fridge.  Paula and I just want to thank everyone for the birthday wishes. I enjoy reading the FR&D daily, and thank you all for your contributions.  Tomorrow is Kazu's turn for birthday wishes.

Thanks again to everyone.

Peter

Happy Birthday 🎂 🥳 🎉 🎈 🎁 🎊 

• Like 7

Posted (edited)

Happy birthday Jacqui!  @kazu  now that it’s official.  You’re my third friend with a birthday in a row!  What a Week! 

My tulips are blooming to wish you a very happy birthday!    Too bad the resolution is too high.  🤷‍♀️

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Am rather late posting.

Thanks for all the photos of today's destination.

Supermarket shopping this morning, then out to lunch.

@Horizon chaser  Happy Anniversary.

@cat shepard  Happy Birthday.

@P&PNH  Happy Birthday Peter and belated birthday wishes Paula.

@RMLincoln  pleased to read that Richard's eye is improving, sending hugs to you both.

Goodnight.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, kochleffel said:

My PCP's office phoned recently to tell me that I was due for a Medicare something-or-other. They've never done this before.

Now, the doctor would be embarrassed to ask me those kinds of questions, and the nurse practitioner would think it was hilarious. It's possible that an inexperienced PA might try. Which combination of them I see varies, largely depending on whether there's a medical student in the office that day--if so, the student does all the routine parts. I'm going to ignore the Medicare-whatever visit and book an ordinary follow-up, with blood tests done before it.

Paul, I decided this year to have the annual wellness checkup, but changed my mind when I was told it would be with a nurse practioner who only did them on Saturday or Monday, and I would still need to see the PA for my regular annual visit.  I looked on the Medicare website to see what the wellness checkup included and was surprised at what was included and what wasn't.  It seems like a waste of time to me, and the PCP's office has never suggested it.

BTW, the PA is very good and did his training at the same medical school as our PCP.  He's also the one who realized DH needed a head CT scan which revealed the NPH.  I go to him since I mainly need an annual check up, and DH see the PCP.

Lenda

• Like 5