How willI dry my shoes??

erniebernie

HI we are on an Alaskan cruise in September  and am guessing at some stage im going to get wet shoes Is there anywhere onboard that I can dry them? ie laundry room? Thanx Allison

How wet can you get a pair of shoes ? If you intend to go wading through rivers, then I'd suuggest stick them on the balcony if you have one otherwise stick them under the bed, the aircon in the room will dry them pretty quickly

• Like 1

You may want to get more rubberized shoes/boots if you believe you’re going to run into this issue. Wipe them dry and easy clean-up. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chart Room Princess said:

There are launderettes on board that have dryers. There is no charge to use them.

Please do not put your shoes in the dryer.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Thank you all for your replies, I dont plan on wading through rivers but it does seem that nearly every youtube video we have watched on Alaska it always seems to be raining (not a problem)  I might buy a newspaper  and stuff them under the bed. Thanks

• Like 1

2 hours ago, erniebernie said:

Thank you all for your replies, I dont plan on wading through rivers but it does seem that nearly every youtube video we have watched on Alaska it always seems to be raining (not a problem)  I might buy a newspaper  and stuff them under the bed. Thanks

We have three Alaska cruises under our belts. I don't recall a truly wet day. Damp and cool, yes along with warm and hot dry weather but no weather wet enough to require the wringing out of shoes.

• Like 1

One other thought, my upcoming Alaska itinerary is 10 days with four of them sea/scenic cruising days. That gives you time to dry out shoes between excursions. 

Posted (edited)
On 6/15/2024 at 12:26 AM, erniebernie said:

HI we are on an Alaskan cruise in September  and am guessing at some stage im going to get wet shoes Is there anywhere onboard that I can dry them? ie laundry room? Thanx Allison

These are the best travel accessory rain gear ever.  I’ve worn them in a deluge and my feet stayed perfectly dry.  They have a good grip so there is no slipping on the pavement.  They fold up flat to go into the accompanying leak-proof travel bag should you have to pack them wet.  I’ve had them since 2019 and they’re still going strong.  I wear a size 7US and the Medium fits perfectly over my runners.  A number of Amazon retailers sell them.  Just search for rain shoe covers.

IMG_0994.thumb.jpeg.af9847a7c3905a024092340cc116d736.jpeg

Edited by *Miss G*
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

And people claim not to have space/weight in their baggage for certain types of clothing! 😀

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 Alaska cruises (including 2 land tours) here.  It almost always rains when I'm in Ketchikan.    

I always spray my sneakers/trainers 2-3x w/waterproofing before I cruise.  It works! 

And it doesn't mar the shoes.

Enjoy Alaska!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DRS/NC said:

It almost always rains when I'm in Ketchikan.    

Please advise when you will next be there so that everyone else can avoid being there😂

• Haha 4

19 hours ago, david63 said:

Please advise when you will next be there so that everyone else can avoid being there😂

No definite plans yet, but hoping for 2026.