New date to book dining

palolake

1.  I don't use X

2,  Update website???? ha ha

3.  I win !  I called it !  Not happening 6/17/2024

I don't understand how they can set a projection date and then fall short.  Wouldn't it be less frustrating if they set the date out further and then surprise everyone with an earlier happening?  aka sheldon copper.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

This wasn't even a post on Princess' main X page.  It was a reply to someone's complaint.  #Oops #Fail

Given Princess' track record during major transitions, I'm not surprised.

Screenshot 2024-06-18 143606.jpg

Edited by SCX22

14 minutes ago, Luv2cruz1000 said:

so will we have to be paid in full to choose our type of dining?

It depends...I believe if you are Elite (or Platinum?) you can book before final payment....usually.  

40 minutes ago, SCX22 said:

This wasn't even a post on Princess' main X page.  It was a reply to someone's complaint.  #Oops #Fail

Given Princess' track record during major transitions, I'm not surprised.

Screenshot 2024-06-18 143606.jpg

Sep 1?  It was Sep 14!  Now, that date is wrong too.  

Let’s all just sit back and relax and see what date it really is!

That’s all we can do, right?  🤪

18 minutes ago, Luv2cruz1000 said:

so will we have to be paid in full to choose our type of dining?

That’s what the website says, unless you’re Platinum or Elite.

Some have reported being able to reserve before FP.  Some have not been able.

So, once it’s available, now July 1st (what a joke), try it.

It's fun to watch.  Sorry for the challenges it's causing some folks.  Really sounds to me like management made a decision without adequate discussion with IT to be sure the deadline could be met. That happens all the time and not just to Princess.  We won't be FP until early August so not a worry for us until then.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, suzyed said:

It depends...I believe if you are Elite (or Platinum?) you can book before final payment....usually.  

Sorry, I am elite and in full suite and fully paid, and cannot book dining.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Knickearth said:

Sorry, I am elite and in full suite and fully paid, and cannot book dining.

I am in the same boat (ship).  My cruise is before September 1.  I can't book any Specialty Restaurants for any date/time (Complimentary/Paid/nor Premier).  There is no need to make reservations for RC MDR.  

I am confused, though.  This shouldn't apply to my cruise since it isn't in the time frame.  What am I missing?  Am I worried?  No....I will make my dinner reservation when I embark.  Been there, done that.  Going through the hoops just for fun.  I have tooooo much time on my hands.

Edited by cr8tiv1

Full text of email:

Dear Valued Princess Guest:

We wanted to inform you of a change regarding our main dining reservations. Due to an unanticipated delay in finalizing our app update, the ability to book reservations has been delayed. The new date for reservations is now set for July 1.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your understanding and patience.

As previously announced, starting with voyages departing September 14, 2024, Princess will designate separate dining rooms aboard every ship in the fleet to three table service options:

·        Traditional dining offering an early and a late seating every evening

·        Reservable dining times

·        Open seating to support walk-ins anytime

Once updates are complete, you will be able to use the app ahead of your voyage to opt for traditional seating in a dedicated dining room with the same waiter, same table and same time each night, or flexible dining, allowing you to enjoy dinner at any available time and table size of your choosing in either the Reservable or Open Seating dining rooms.

Thank you for your continued support.

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I am in the same boat (ship).  My cruise is before September 1.  I can't book any Specialty Restaurants for any date/time (Complimentary/Paid/nor Premier).  There is no need to make reservations for RC MDR.  

I am confused, though.  This shouldn't apply to my cruise since it isn't in the time frame.  What am I missing?  Am I worried?  No....I will make my dinner reservation when I embark.  Been there, done that.  Going through the hoops just for fun.  I have tooooo much time on my hands.

You can't book ANY dining or just MDR dining? 
We have a sailing in October and I had all my dining booked.  Then they made the change but they only removed the MDR dining and not the specialty dining...that's still there.

2 minutes ago, suzyed said:

You can't book ANY dining or just MDR dining? 
We have a sailing in October and I had all my dining booked.  Then they made the change but they only removed the MDR dining and not the specialty dining...that's still there.

I am unable to book ANY specialty dining venues.  I do not need to book MDR since I will be dining in Reserve Collection MDR.  Yes, I would love to be able to book a traditional dining time in Reserve Collection, but do see the benefits of any time walk in.

11 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I am unable to book ANY specialty dining venues.  I do not need to book MDR since I will be dining in Reserve Collection MDR.  Yes, I would love to be able to book a traditional dining time in Reserve Collection, but do see the benefits of any time walk in.

The new dining system has nothing to do with specialty dining, only MDR and you will need to choose traditional or Anytime which won't apply to you as you have reserve.

I also see a lot of confusion. Is this pick Anytime or Traditional which is how it used to be? Ive read people planning to mix and match which I dont see how that can work. I am assuming (never a good idea) that you will have to choose one or the other first.

Here's another wrinkle.  I currently have 3 cruises booked.  I also received the email.  It had a Booking # at the top which was different than all of my current bookings.  Go figure. 😉

Our Sun Princess cruise is booked for Dec. 7th.  We have not made final payment at this point.  I found this past week that I could reserve the new Spellbound (at $149pp), but not O'Malley's Irish Pub, which we should be able to book at $14.99 (actually thought as Platinum, this would count as one of our 2 included casual choices).  Hmmm....isn't that funny?  

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Cruzinnana47 said:

Our Sun Princess cruise is booked for Dec. 7th.  We have not made final payment at this point.  I found this past week that I could reserve the new Spellbound (at $149pp), but not O'Malley's Irish Pub, which we should be able to book at $14.99 (actually thought as Platinum, this would count as one of our 2 included casual choices).  Hmmm....isn't that funny?  

@Cruzinnana47 There are no reservations for casual restaurants.  Some ships that have planks and steamers will require a reservation but only once you are on board.

Edited by t&atravel