new advertisement from celeb: "We’ll hold a lounge chair for you"

They dont specify where they will hold the lounge chair..

Surely not on one's balcony, as thats a serious safety issue, and certainly not around the pool... Oh wait are they now offering to hold chairs for a fee? hmmm

• Haha 3

It's being emailed directly to people.  I received one today.  Here's one that posted on the internet.  I have no idea who Edward is.

image.thumb.png.2c1c447e636fb9fc119b7284c593ebb8.png

• Haha 4

26 minutes ago, Mangrove Snapper said:

It's just a marketing slogan like the old Motel 6 one "we'll leave the light on for you."  It's just an e-mail with ads for beach-themed itineraries.  Nothing more; nothing less. 

Got it and thank you.  That was kind of what I suspected, which is why I asked.  Just got off Eclipse and no such thing existed.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

I have no idea who Edward is.

LOL.  Probably a generic anonymous mailer name as they also are including what likely is a bogus CC number - especially as there is no loyalty tier level as "Preview".

Edited by leaveitallbehind

1 minute ago, leaveitallbehind said:

LOL.  Probably a generic anonymous mailer name as they also are including what likely is a bogus CC number - especially as there is no loyalty tier level as "Preview".

I agree.  But wouldn't you think that they would have chosen a sexier sounding loyalty tier for the ad?

• Haha 1

It's a marketing campaign. Just like a million other marketing campaigns.

And guess what - it was successful because you're talking about it! 😆

23 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

There is a Preview CC tier for someone who has not sailed on Celebrity but plans to.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

There is a Preview CC tier for someone who has not sailed on Celebrity but plans to.

Got it.  In other words, to qualify go on the Celebrity website and look at the CC benefits.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

29 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Actually there is a Preview level in the CCIMG_1461.thumb.png.57a556556c530f70693082efe4e71b0e.png

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, odysee said:

Is it Celebrity trying to use irony or sarcasm with this mailer or rubbing it in our faces now ? 🤭

Me thinks they are goading the lounger brigade.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Yes there is…..

10 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

I also received the e-mail.  My first name, Captain's Club membership number and tier level were correct.

As was mine.  I think they're just using the expression in reference to the Bahamian beaches they would like us to discover.  Nothing to do with lounges on the ships.

1 hour ago, Liao said:

Me thinks they are goading the lounger brigade.

That's what I thought.  We've heard that Celebrity is monitoring the online debates regarding the removal of balcony loungers.  Now they decide to send out an email marketing campaign specifying saving me a lounger?  Coincidence?

Sure, they'll hold a lounge chair for you. Just not in any location where you'd actually want to use it... like on your own private balcony!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, TheHawk1 said:

That's what I thought.  We've heard that Celebrity is monitoring the online debates regarding the removal of balcony loungers.  Now they decide to send out an email marketing campaign specifying saving me a lounger?  Coincidence?

Sure, they'll hold a lounge chair for you. Just not in any location where you'd actually want to use it... like on your own private balcony!

They certainly do monitor social media.  I work for a $2b+ international law firm and we have a small team in our marketing department that is dedicated to monitoring social media and they pay very close attention.  Celebrity is assuredly doing the same. I will add, like it or not, this is a very clever tag.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Liao said:

like it or not, this is a very clever tag.

I disagree. It is completely tone deaf with the uproar about lounge chairs on balconies. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

....as are you.  LOL

LOLOL

Yeah, I got the email but didn't interpret it in a negative way. Granted, I get so many marketing emails from X that I really just barely glance at the subject before I hit 'trash'. 

1 hour ago, clskinsfan said:

I disagree. It is completely tone deaf with the uproar about lounge chairs on balconies. 

I think the 'uproar' is limited to those who are active on social media and in particular, on this board. 

• Like 1