ABC, Easy as 123... A Live Beyond Cruise Report

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Thank you! Yes...per her Insta she's back on Sunday! She was captain on my Celebrity Edge sailing and I remember her being super personable. Yay!

I follow Captain Kate on Insta too despite the naysayers shouting, “Who cares who the captain is?!?”  
We experienced Good Crew Vibes on our Equinox ABC cruise with Captain Kate at the helm.  Sure there are other great captains that set a positive tone on board, but I found the atmosphere on board her ship to be markedly positive and fun.  
Everything funnels down from the top.

I am very much looking forward to watching her daily Captain’s Log again and sailing with her in September.

😄

Edited by Stem to Stern
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Staying home will be my cat, Merida

Where she will be experiencing her own version of Aqua class 😄

image.png.68135c9d7e19b1e2c6d8e2de4de6b969.png

Have a wonderful cruise and thanks for taking us along!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

From a fellow educator (now retired) I hope you relax and enjoy all you can as a new school year is just around the corner...too bad you can't bank some of that relaxation to draw from in the dog-days of September....but who am I telling!!

Here's wishing you safe travels and a fantastic cruise.  Will be following along with great interest.  And dare I say, your little kitty is simply beautiful 😻...just don't tell Pipercat I said so!

Adding on here..I feel like my administrators always say hopefully you’ve been able to “relax, rejuvenate, reconnect…” You should have that covered and can think back at her first data dive opportunity or during a blood borne pathogens training. 😂

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks all for following! I’m at EWR!! Very early, but even at 5am my Uber hit enough traffic I am glad I went with earlier. 

Checked the bag. Cleared TSA (love PreCheck!). Verified that my gate exists…

IMG_2063.thumb.jpeg.a05f53bfe9f0504a8f88369fdcfbc127.jpeg

And got some nibbles. Just light since I treated myself to first class so I’ll have brunch on the plane. (Ok, they call it breakfast, but with a flight leaving at 9:25 I’m calling it brunch.)

They have Olympic soccer on some big screens, so even though I don’t really understand it, I can watch that.

Definitely pumping the caffeine. Between the excitement of a couple of zoom calls last night and pre-trip excitement, not a ton of sleep was had.

Edited by WrittenOnYourHeart
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Thanks all for following! I’m at EWR!! Very early, but even at 5am my Uber hit enough traffic I am glad I went with earlier. 

Checked the bag. Cleared TSA (love PreCheck!). Verified that my gate exists…

IMG_2063.thumb.jpeg.a05f53bfe9f0504a8f88369fdcfbc127.jpeg

And got some nibbles. Just light since I treated myself to first class so I’ll have brunch on the plane. (Ok, they call it breakfast, but with a flight leaving at 9:25 I’m calling it brunch.)

They have Olympic soccer on some big screens, so even though I don’t really understand it, I can watch that.

Definitely pumping the caffeine. Between the excitement of a couple of zoom calls last night and pre-trip excitement, not a ton of sleep was had.

That was me yesterday…zero sleep (I always have a few middle of the night hours awake) before early am travel.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

So first drink of the trip…

I hope that is the first of many.  They make good mimosa's at most United Clubs but order a screwdriver if you want something with a little more punch. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I hope that is the first of many.  They make good mimosa's at most United Clubs but order a screwdriver if you want something with a little more punch. 

Yeah, it was really good! The bartenders kept me topped off until I said “Thanks, but I want to be allowed on the plane.” 🤣🤣 They laughed and said “I gotcha.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Brunch has been served. 

IMG_2076.thumb.jpeg.b5b1d0a95960526f09c77a071e880307.jpeg

I’m glad I pre-ordered since the options for non-pre-orders were French Toast (nope…gluten) or an egg and mushroom scramble (nope…mushrooms skeeve me out).

About an hour and a half to go to MIA.

• Like 9
  • Haha 3

Following along and wishing you a fabulous vacation! We are doing the same ABC cruise in September and can’t wait. I booked it because Captain Kate will be onboard and as a fellow cat lover I’m hoping to get a Bug siting while on the ship.

Merida is a beautiful cat and sounds similar to our cat Jasmine. She is friendly with the pet sitter when we are home but as soon as we leave she either hides or hisses and growls at her when she comes over to feed her. 

If you are able, I’d love to see the dinner menus for Blu. We are booked in an Aqua SS but from what I’ve read I think we may prefer the food in Blu to Luminae.

Hope you have a smooth flight to Miami and Bon Voyage tomorrow!!!

🛳️ 🍾🥂🌴☀️

• Thanks 1

Looking forward to following along. We will be on the same cruise in Oct. and I am also gluten free. Always interested in any info or tips.
thanks for sharing your vacation! Have a blast.

Kathy

• Like 1

Landed in Miami at 2:07 - a minute after the United flight SCHEDULED out of Newark at 11:15. Both sets of bags went to the same carousel. And as per usual the “Priority” tag that First Class got me meant nothing. I think it was in the last palette. But I got it.

Could not find where to go for the hotel shuttle at first, then I did but there was NO organization, there were a ton of people waiting for hotel shuttles, and apparently it’s once an hour. So Lyft it was! Staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites Miami Airport South Blue Lagoon.

I’m chilling in my hotel room for a bit and will walk to get dinner in a little while. I have a view of some of the runways.

IMG_2078.thumb.jpeg.140c5c8c7c77920c7d8c7ea101ac71b6.jpeg

• Like 13

Dinner from Pollo Tropical.

IMG_2080.thumb.jpeg.48326a5b77b724484461bc000236c340.jpeg

It was good. I got to use my Duolingo Spanish because the girl at the counter spoke minimal English.  I brought it back to the hotel. 

Grabbed a shower to get that travel grime feeling off of me and am just chilling until Opening Ceremonies in prime time. I purposely didn’t turn them on when I got here since I had missed the first part.

Lyft picks me up at 10 tomorrow!! Whee!!

• Like 7