escargot?

My husband really enjoyed escargot at one of our dinners on Mariner last year. We were talking about it tonight, and were wondering if you can order it on other nights in the dining room, or only on the night it's listed on the menu??

Last May....me and some friends sailed on Explorer. We are all crazy about their escargot. The waiter new it after the first night..and we had all we could eat every night after that !

Just ask...and I am sure they will do it for you.

Have fun !

DW always orders two whenever it is on the menu. The kitchen staff goes through some trying times during preparing and serving every night we don't want to throw any monkey wrench into their regimen by causing a special order.

RCCL has changed it's menu for escargot.......and the way that they used to prepare it.

If you can.........ask your waiter that they escargot be prepared as they did several years ago.........it was 6 snails prepaired in a proper tray, with butter and shallots and tasted as the escargot that we have enjoyed at the finest restaurants in Europe and here in the U.S.

And .......yes.......if you ask nicely.......get escargot nightly at your table.

Rick

RCCL has changed it's menu for escargot.......and the way that they used to prepare it.

If you can.........ask your waiter that they escargot be prepared as they did several years ago.........it was 6 snails prepaired in a proper tray, with butter and shallots and tasted as the escargot that we have enjoyed at the finest restaurants in Europe and here in the U.S.

And .......yes.......if you ask nicely.......get escargot nightly at your table.

Rick

Hmmmm.....that's the way I had it on the Vision in 12/07. When I had it the first night, I ordered two, and also asked if they could prepare it for me again in two days. The head waiter came by and made a note of it, and there it was two days later. L'escargot est yuuuuuuumy!!:D

Sorry if this adds to the confusion but the last cruise with RCI last November/December they did prepare the escargot in the traditional manner as well as serving them in a puff pastry with a cream sauce one evening. Enjoyed them both times. Celebrity was offering the traditional esargot each evening as one of their standard offerings last time I cruised with them.

A little bit off topic but for escargot fans there is a place in St. Maarten that is an escargot lover's paradise. It is called (oddly enough :)) L'Escargot and it is on the main drag in Philipsburgh. They prepare escargot in a dozen or so ways and they are the very best I have ever had. Not to be missed if you love escargot. :)

Just off Voyager last week and it was prepared traditionaly. Took my 15 year old brother who had never cruised or ever thought about eating escargot. He reluctantly tried it and fell in love. Ate two servings that night.

For me, I don't think that it is possible to have too much garlic on escargot. The more the better. :)

Tend to agre with this. For me it is all about the garlic butter, though I do enjoy the little critters, can't beat soaking up the garlic butter with a nice crispy roll.

Tend to agre with this. For me it is all about the garlic butter, though I do enjoy the little critters, can't beat soaking up the garlic butter with a nice crispy roll.

LOL, :p I almost forgot they serve them, I ready!

A little bit off topic but for escargot fans there is a place in St. Maarten that is an escargot lover's paradise. It is called (oddly enough :)) L'Escargot and it is on the main drag in Philipsburgh. They prepare escargot in a dozen or so ways and they are the very best I have ever had. Not to be missed if you love escargot. :)

Thanks for the tip.

on our last cruise, our table tried one thing each night that we would NEVER order. It was escargot was one night, wow, they were delicious! It's great to try new foods when you are really paying for it!

Archived