Captain's Circle pins

jagsfan

I don't have one, but here is an idea for wearing. I like to wear a lanyard with my keycard. I guess since we do Disney and our first cruise was DCL, lanyards are what everyone wears. I would put the pin on my lanyard. Heck, start a new trend. ;)

This what I have done with mine...since it makes my lanyard a bit heavier it is easier to keep track of. (ie I know it will land in the bottom of my backpack)..:p

I made platinum before I sailed on my first cruise with Princess (they counted my Sitmar sailings towards Captain's Circle), so I never got a platinum pin. Any ideas on how to get one? Do the CC hosts onboard have them?
Yes, they do, just ask and they'll get you yours.

I wear mine on the night of the Captain's Circle party. It starts some conversations at dinner.

I used to wear the older one with the ship's officer ranking on them.

Yes, they do, just ask and they'll get you yours.

I wear mine on the night of the Captain's Circle party. It starts some conversations at dinner.

I used to wear the older one with the ship's officer ranking on them.

Thanks. Will ask for my pin on my next cruise.

Oh heavens above! :eek: When I decluttered prior to our move Dec 07 I threw away a drawer full of the things going back to the late 80's. Whoops, guess that ages me. Although wandering around the ship I usually wear my stateroom cruise card on a lanyard I'm even slightly uncomfortable advertizing it's "blackness". And boy I'll never get comfortable with Priority Tender Boarding. Guess it's a good thing that we are not rolling in money as I'm a good imitation of the gal in "The Lady Is A Tramp" song.

How about your old boarding passes? I have a big stack, including a Princess one

that was cardboard inside plastic. I only started saving them a few years ago, and

I'm surprised sometimes when I glance through them that I sailed on ships I completely

forgot about.

All this stuff may be junk, but that's what memories are made of.

I still have some of those in scrapbooks. ;)

I like to save our cruise cards from every cruise and put them in the corresponding photo album. The pins just sit in a junk drawer though. :p

As a guy, it is easier just to leave the pins in the box with my cuff links and studs for my tux shirt. The only time I wear that, other than my son's wedding, is on a cruise !!! :D I imagine ladies have their equivalent (e.g. a clutch purse or jewelery bag) where the pin could be automagically available to you onboard.

Do you think it would depress the eBay market if I put our two old style "Captain" Captain's Circle pins up for sale/ I can't believe the price.

Yes, when you reach Elite Status, you receive a new pin that has a silver/platinum background, black seawitch, and gold rim around the edge. I actually ran into mine last night when looking for something. If I had tried to find it, I know I would have searched for hours, but just happened to come across one of them.

I got my Platinum pin while on the first cruise after making Platinum. It was waiting for me in the cabin when we boarded. Also in the envelope was my Platinum ID card.

Both are still in that envelope, but I do like the idea of attaching the pin to my Princess lanyard.

I got my Platinum pin while on the first cruise after making Platinum. It was waiting for me in the cabin when we boarded. Also in the envelope was my Platinum ID card.

Both are still in that envelope, but I do like the idea of attaching the pin to my Princess lanyard.

Looking forward to mine next Tuesday.:cool:

When DW reached Elite status, they delivered her card, pin, and information booklets in an envelope to our mail box in the middle of the night. The envelop was sealed with tape.

Sometime during the night, someone opened the envelope and stole the pin and her black card:mad:

When DW reached Elite status, they delivered her card, pin, and information booklets in an envelope to our mail box in the middle of the night. The envelop was sealed with tape.

Sometime during the night, someone opened the envelope and stole the pin and her black card:mad:

Isn't that ridiculous though? I won't eleborate anymore, but that is just crazy................!

Thanks for all the info -- so I am to assume that my silver colored one is actually platinum.... my next cruise upcoming in May will be #14 with 4 days to 150 days, so the one after that I should be getting my Elite one... I'm ready -- seems I've been cruising with Princess forever (obviously, not true :rolleyes:)

I do hope Princess replaced your 'stolen' pin and card...

I, too, like the idea of wearing mine on my lanyard... great idea

Thanks for all the info -- so I am to assume that my silver colored one is actually platinum.... my next cruise upcoming in May will be #14 with 4 days to 150 days, so the one after that I should be getting my Elite one... I'm ready -- seems I've been cruising with Princess forever (obviously, not true :rolleyes:)

I do hope Princess replaced your 'stolen' pin and card...

I, too, like the idea of wearing mine on my lanyard... great idea

Just remember, whenever you hit the 150 day mark or the 15th cruise, your elite benefits won't begin until the cruise following you hitting either of those magic numbers. ;)

I have requested the pins on a few occasions both from the Captains Circle host on board..whose reply was 'I have none in stock.' Also e mailed Princess Captains Circle 3 times requesting an Elite pin for wife and I, no response. It appears again us Aussies are not being looked after by Princess.:mad:

Might have to get one on E Bay !:o

• 1 month later...

Archived