Anyone cancel due to the swine flu?

CRUISING71

Cancel a cruise because of it? Heck, I CAUGHT "Swine Flu" on my first cruise!

I started eating like a pig, and haven't stopped since!

Oh waiter!... two shrimp cocktail appetizers, the chilled soup, a Caesar salad, the prime rib and a lobster tail, or two, then some chocolate melting cake and a coconut pie....

Maybe Jenny Craig can help... :D

We leave Saturday on the Liberty 1 stop is cozumel and other 2 are not in Mexico . First of all if you think Carnival wants to have it ships infected with sick people go and cancel. I beleive Carnival will do everything to make sure that this doenot spread. If they decide to skip cozumel o well

it will just be another sea day or a surprise stop. By the way we are not cancelling.

This has been blown completely out of the water, by the media...It is mostly prominant in Mexico City, and most of the people who have been affected by this have been the elderly. By the way, not to bash Mexico, but their medical care isn't all that great, so if you see that 68 people in Mexico have died, it's mostly due to the lack of care, or becuase people couldn't afford it.

Remember folks......we are not supposed to kick the bucket until December 21, 2012 according to the Mayans.....:cool:

Speaking of Mayans....I'll be in Costa Maya and Cozumel next week! I ain't Skeered!!!!!!

Well I for one will book a cruise as soon as those dates are available , if it does end , what better way to go .:rolleyes:

You know ALOT of people die from other things besides the swine flu. Maybe do some research about other things like that and you'd be surprised and then you'd NEVER go anywhere. If you let fear run your life then what kind of life will you have?

On CNN.com it was saying: Common seasonal flu kills 250,000 to 500,000 people every year...so why isn't everyone worried about the common seasonal flu?

Remember folks......we are not supposed to kick the bucket until December 21, 2012 according to the Mayans.....:cool:

Speaking of Mayans....I'll be in Costa Maya and Cozumel next week! I ain't Skeered!!!!!!

Blast! That is the week we usually cruise! Better switch weeks that year! Enjoy your cruise next week.

This has been blown completely out of the water, by the media...It is mostly prominant in Mexico City, and most of the people who have been affected by this have been the elderly. By the way, not to bash Mexico, but their medical care isn't all that great, so if you see that 68 people in Mexico have died, it's mostly due to the lack of care, or becuase people couldn't afford it.

Actually, the strange thing about this flu is that those who have succumbed are in their 20s, 30s and 40s and were in relatively good health.

I wouldn't worry about that. Even they don't know where they are any longer. :eek:

We leave in two weeks and no way would I cancel. The way I figure it, at least now the drug cartels are sick and unable to kidnap and murder which is what I was supposed to be afraid of two weeks ago according to the media.

No really, as you may not know at this time, the Feds have declared a health emergency and NYC already has some cases. I would think Florida might be just as vulnerable as NYC. However, I do not think that we should all cower in fear and the sky is not falling.

We will all be vulnerable here in the states as long as folks are allowed to go to Mexico, contract the disease and then bring it back to share with us. As well as those folks who cross the border legally and illegally for work.

The government needs to step in and stop people from going there until the Mexican Government can fix the problem...and of course assist the Mexican government in doing so.

I own stock in Carnival and I hope they have enough common sense to stop visiting Mexican ports until this dreadful situation is over.

The US and Mexican goernments need to mutually shut down the border ASAP. I live in NYC and have not been to Mexico in a couple of years and do not think I should be subject to catching this disease just because some person who rides the bus with me brought it back from a cruise!!!

We are barely back from Cozumel and Progresso and no one was saying a thing about this flu at the time. Im glad I cruise 2 weeks ago. Yikes has the media gotten out of control and officials. Now they are warning about travel to the U.S. over 20 mild cases. Seems overblown to me, but I get it, they want to contain it.

I think one of the U.S. cases is here in Dallas, so theoretically I should be more worried.

I own stock in Carnival and I hope they have enough common sense to stop visiting Mexican ports until this dreadful situation is over.!!

I also own stock and I think they have enough sense not to stop visiting Mexico. I think it would be wrong to stop visiting ports where there is NO one reported to have this flu.

Its not like they could find a non Mexican port to visit on these same ships, they would all become cruises to nowhere and devasting to their bottom line.

This is another classic example of the media blowing something clear out of proportion for ratings. ~100 people in Mexico have died of swine flu, all in and around Mexico City. Avoiding the Yucatan and the Mexican Riviera because of illness in Mexico City is like avoiding Miami because people in Cleveland are sick. Further, of all the cases in the US so far, only one has resulted in hospitalization, and there are no fatalities. Meanwhile some 30,000 people die of "normal" influenza in the US every year.

This is another classic example of the media blowing something clear out of proportion for ratings.

Yet the world bank has loaned over $200 million to mexico for help in battling this and airlines are allowing passengers to cancel at no cost. People are clearly concerned, don't blame the media for everything.

We are going on a cruise to Mexico in July - I have no plans to cancel it - but I've posted many times - we don't cruise because of the ports - I would rather be on a cruise to no where and never get off! I'm sure we will enjoy Cozumel - but it isn't the reason that I booked the cruise. (and I know some people only cruise because of the ports - to each his own)

Yet the world bank has loaned over $200 million to mexico for help in battling this and airlines are allowing passengers to cancel at no cost. People are clearly concerned, don't blame the media for everything.

"People" are concerned because the media has blown it out of proportion and most people are gullible idiots.

Archived