Deployment Schedule 2016-2017. Let the guessing begin

Cruzin-K

I can't imagine why they would go to the trouble of swapping Anthem for Ovation. Anthem staying and Ovation heading to Florida makes much more sense.

Yeah, that's the reason why I personally see Anthem sailing from Cape Liberty in 2016... [emoji5]

I am asking myself which ship will do the Canada/NE runs between Cape Liberty and Québec??

Edited by celebrity_fan

The new MSC prototypes, especially Seaside, look innovative and exciting. It seems almost certain at this point that at least one will end up in South Florida, and when it does I will seriously consider it... Especially if RCI proves to be more interested in chasing hypothetical market expansion in Asia than keeping a fresh product in the Caribbean.

Between msc and royal Sorry but royal is 10 Times better Than msc , even if the ship is Nice ! And these ship cant béat quantum s class for sure

Looks like Royal has not forgotten the West Coast people of USA in 2016 !

Jewel of the Seas is visiting Los Angeles 2/10. 9/10. 16/10

http://www.portsamerica.com/cruise/los-angeles-terminal.html

Well that sounds like repos, so not too exciting, don't think we will get mex riv yet.

I just have a feeling that the deployment is not going to be as exciting as everyone is speculating. Royal has a long reputation on leaving ships to rot in one place. majesty,adventure, freedom etc.....

Well that sounds like repos, so not too exciting, don't think we will get mex riv yet.

I just have a feeling that the deployment is not going to be as exciting as everyone is speculating. Royal has a long reputation on leaving ships to rot in one place. majesty,adventure, freedom etc.....

Is the same not true for many ships within all mass-market lines? They have a home-port and service that home port.

This is certainly not true for all RCI ships. Legend is the most traveled ship in RCI history for instance.

Adventure for example in the past 4 years has been in the Baltic, done 4, 5,6, 7 and 12 night Eastern and Western MED, short Canary Island cruises, Portugal 4 and 5 day sailings, 7 and 13 night Iceland and Norway, 5 night western Europe, 14 night Spain and Canaries, along with a couple 18 and 19 night European sailing to go along with her 7 night Southern Caribbean sailings.

I do not call that rotting in 'one place'

It is true that there will only be one or two surprises and a sprinkling of unique itineraries and while I would not call it 'exciting' deployment, it is interesting to see the choices they make each season.

Adventure might or might not provide some interesting itineraries with this years deployment. I know I am hoping she does.

Thanks for posting those calls. She is currently booked up in Monterey only in the spring on the way to Alaska, so those two October sailings might be different than two they offer in 2015 as they have not booked Monterey yet.

http://monterey.org/en-us/Departments/Harbor-Marina/Cruise-Ship-and-Tall-Ship-Visits

Thanks for posting those calls. She is currently booked up in Monterey only in the spring on the way to Alaska, so those two October sailings might be different than two they offer in 2015 as they have not booked Monterey yet.

http://monterey.org/en-us/Departments/Harbor-Marina/Cruise-Ship-and-Tall-Ship-Visits

It is looking like a Freeport Drydock for Jewel.

That must be Jewel leaving San Pedro on Oct 16th for the Panama Canal

Thank you so much!!

With being listed at Monterey the 15th of May, 2016, it implies Jewel should go on Panama Canal cruise the 28th or 29th of April 2016, either from San Juan or Florida, with arrival at San Diego the 13th of May, 2016.

Since she seems to be refurbished at Freeport, she should sail most probably from Florida, IMHO.

Thank you so much!!

With being listed at Monterey the 15th of May, 2016, it implies Jewel should go on Panama Canal cruise the 28th or 29th of April 2016, either from San Juan or Florida, with arrival at San Diego the 13th of May, 2016.

Since she seems to be refurbished at Freeport, she should sail most probably from Florida, IMHO.

I'm waiting on the Panama Canal coming out for Oct '16.

I'm hoping for San Juan as we would do a B2B. Just have to wait and see. Easier flights if it goes to Florida

I'm waiting on the Panama Canal coming out for Oct '16.

I'm hoping for San Juan as we would do a B2B. Just have to wait and see. Easier flights if it goes to Florida

For October I would give my penny on San Juan, since Jewel is very likely to sail from San Juan again, as the second ship for the seasonal runs from there... [emoji5] - at least the cruise schedule of St. Maarten implies that:http://201.220.14.28/sxm/MainMenu.aspx?ShipScheduleType=2 - Oct 31st, 2016: Jewels 1st call to ST. Maarten in winter season 2016/17 - so she must come from San Juan the day before... [emoji5]

But Florida in spring 2016 it makes more sense, assuming the dry dock will be in Freeport.

Thank you so much!!

According to Royal Caribbean's customer service, the Jewel is in dry dock from Apr 3-24. I'm guessing Freeport, also. Maybe she sails back to San Juan, and then leaves there on the 28/29th?

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

According to Royal Caribbean's customer service, the Jewel is in dry dock from Apr 3-24. I'm guessing Freeport, also. Maybe she sails back to San Juan, and then leaves there on the 28/29th?

Why would they send her back to San Juan if most passengers are from continental USA, so making it much easier for them to board in Miami or P.E. Btw Adventure left last year from Miami to Europe.

Why would they send her back to San Juan if most passengers are from continental USA, so making it much easier for them to board in Miami or P.E. Btw Adventure left last year from Miami to Europe.

I was just putting that out for discussion since it was mentioned in a few posts before mine. I would personally think Fort Lauderdale/Miami.

Could well be also, but maybe directly after dry dock, there might be some inauguraul sailings for travel agents, as RCI has done with Freedom as well...☺️

So logistically Florida would make sense, but maybe she will be transferred to San Juan also... We will see soon. ☺️

I was just putting that out for discussion since it was mentioned in a few posts before mine. I would personally think Fort Lauderdale/Miami.

I personally could imagine Jewel otS starting from Florida the 28th of April, 2016, and doing the same (or very similar) Panama Canal itinerary Legend is doing the 29th of April, 2015, or the other itineraries in March and April... [emoji5]

Great job SpringAussie! But this sounds a little weird to me... if these dates stay as is it means Jewel would leave Seattle for a 6 to 8 day repo (like this coming season) from Seattle down to LA approx Sept 25. That's a little late into the Alaska season. ie. Jewel makes her way down from Seattle Sept 18 this year.

So either Jewel stays an extra week in Alaska (feasible, especially with Seattle/Vancouver/West Coast superb weather in Sept) or she does a 14 day itinerary to get to LA... how about Vancouver to LA via Hawaii!!!!! :D (ok ok, I know... dreaming again... sigh:rolleyes:)

Edited by Hoopster95

Could well be also, but maybe directly after dry dock, there might be some inauguraul sailings for travel agents, as RCI has done with Freedom as well... ☺️

Hey, excellent thought process here. The "inaguraul" totally makes sense, especially with Jewel being the very last ship to be "upgraded". Royal did exactly this when I got on Vision when she was re-vitalized before repo'ing her to Colon on 2013... she did a 2 day Maimi-Nassau-Mia (mostly for agents, but the public was able to book... I did), then a 3 day direct repo Mia-Colon. Total 5 days to get to Colon.

Personally if they did a 5 day repo from FLL-San Juan with Labadee & a couple of other ports, I'd be booking the minute this itinerary available and staying on b2b for the Canal transit. That would be a superb b2b with a full day visiting Old San Juan on the turn around day :D

Hey Royal!!!!.... you listening? ;):p

Hey, excellent thought process here. The "inaguraul" totally makes sense, especially with Jewel being the very last ship to be "upgraded". Royal did exactly this when I got on Vision when she was re-vitalized before repo'ing her to Colon on 2013... she did a 2 day Maimi-Nassau-Mia (mostly for agents, but the public was able to book... I did), then a 3 day direct repo Mia-Colon. Total 5 days to get to Colon.

Personally if they did a 5 day repo from FLL-San Juan with Labadee & a couple of other ports, I'd be booking the minute this itinerary available and staying on b2b for the Canal transit. That would be a superb b2b with a full day visiting Old San Juan on the turn around day :D

Hey Royal!!!!.... you listening? ;):p

In fact that would be a great idea! [emoji5]

But I personally do not see RCI sending her for five days from FL/Miami to San Juan, in between there are so many ports to visit - so maybe rather Key West and/or nassau/Bahamas and than return to Florida, and than starting the Panama Canal repo. ;)

But you really brought up some nice ideas here... [emoji5]

I think Royal should hire me as President of "Repo Deployment Itinerary Development" :p:D

ok... let's play this game: we'll call the cruise "Best if RCL's private beaches cruise" ... FLL (or MIA), Cococay, Nassau, day at sea, Labadee, San Juan

But you're right, just easier to prob send her down direct from Mia/FLL rather than divert her a little bit to San Juan.

Edited by Hoopster95

In fact that would be a great idea! [emoji5]

But I personally do not see RCI sending her for five days from FL/Miami to San Juan, in between there are so many ports to visit - so maybe rather Key West and/or nassau/Bahamas and than return to Florida, and than starting the Panama Canal repo. ;)

It's looking like Jewel does dry dock them Panama and up the West coast to Alaska then back down to San Juan again at the end of the season. This year has kept the West coast cruisers happy as all the cruises out of San Pedro are almost full and the prices are high

Edited by bigeck

It's looking like Jewel does dry dock them Panama and up the West coast to Alaska then back down to San Juan again at the end of the season. This year has kept the West coast cruisers happy as all the cruises out of San Pedro are almost full and the prices are high

I haven't seen any info on the return to San Juan yet for 2016. But I am watching as diligently as last year. If they return to the west coast for fall 2016, we are hoping they will have at least one 7 day to Mexico so we can do a B2B. DW is pushing for Europe, and I want to do the canal...so we'll see.