NEW Cabin Category Classifications for 2015

Loyal2RCCL

RCCL is recatagorizing all cabin categories with the 2015 deployment. The categories will be based on the cabin occupancy, thereby making it easier to determine which cabins are double/triple/quad etc.

In addition, they will be putting occupancy restrictions so that a booking with only 2 people will not be allowed to book a triple or quad.

Each new deck plan will be available as each ship opens for 2015-16 deployment with the exception of Majesty and Grandeur who's cabin categories will remain as they currently are.

RCCL is recatagorizing all cabin categories with the 2015 deployment. The categories will be based on the cabin occupancy, thereby making it easier to determine which cabins are double/triple/quad etc.

In addition, they will be putting occupancy restrictions so that a booking with only 2 people will not be allowed to book a triple or quad.

Each new deck plan will be available as each ship opens for 2015-16 deployment with the exception of Majesty and Grandeur who's cabin categories will remain as they currently are.

:eek: WHAT?! Lord have mercy, I have just barely started making heads or tails of the current categories! :$

It would have been much better if they had given a heads up on this before booking opened yesterday for Allure in Europe 2015...it would have avoided a lot of headaches and confusion.

Ahhh thanks for this info. Earlier today I went to look at Oasis sailing for Aug 2015 and noticed the last Boardwalk balcony on Deck 12 is now a B2 not B1 but the cabin next to it which can hold 4 people is a B1

Book it for 3 people. :D

The issue will be when you cancel the (fake) 3rd person.. RCCL will move you to a double occupancy cabin.

They are now getting occupancy compliance reports and will be contacting people that have booked a cabin that hold more than their party.

Well, lets see what happens because I just did a June 2015 booking about 20 miniutes ago and booked connecting cabins, for two passengers each, that have a listed capacity of over two. Sure would hate to loose these two cabins.

You should be fine with the connecting cabins as RCCL told me the occupancy restrictions would be overridden if it meant keeping families together etc.

Another change coming soon is all connecting cabins are going to be sold in pairs and designated as IC, OC, BC (Interior connecting, Oceanview connecting, Balcony connecting. This is similar to the 3 cabin configuration offered on Quantum with the Single, Balcony and JS all interconnected as one cabin.

You should be fine with the connecting cabins as RCCL told me the occupancy restrictions would be overridden if it meant keeping families together etc.

Another change coming soon is all connecting cabins are going to be sold in pairs and designated as IC, OC, BC (Interior connecting, Oceanview connecting, Balcony connecting. This is similar to the 3 cabin configuration offered on Quantum with the Single, Balcony and JS all interconnected as one cabin.

This makes sense. A while back I was trying to book one of the balcony cabins that have the connecting interior cabin. There are only a handful of these in the fleet. In most cases I found the balcony cabin booked but the connecting interior cabin was available.

I would have no issue with someone booking that balcony room if all the other balconies were taken but there were many others still available. That's frustrating.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

What about a grand suite for 2 people. We have always been able to book a grand suite for only 2 - even though it can hold 4.

YET - they are allowing 2 people to stay in SOLO cabins on Quantum and Anthem which makes no sense. Those cabins were made for single people so they would not have to pay for a supplement?

:eek: WHAT?! Lord have mercy, I have just barely started making heads or tails of the current categories! :$

OK, so everyone seems to know what each of these catagories "really" means but me. D1, D2, D3.....What is really the difference? Can you really tell? Am I that naive?

Is there a "Dummies guide to cruise cabins" that might explain what each catagory really is? Sometimes, the more I try to figure out, the more confused I get............:confused:

OK, so everyone seems to know what each of these catagories "really" means but me. D1, D2, D3.....What is really the difference? Can you really tell? Am I that naive?

Is there a "Dummies guide to cruise cabins" that might explain what each catagory really is? Sometimes, the more I try to figure out, the more confused I get............:confused:

not me!!:( have no clue.

So singles won't be able to book a double occupancy cabin?:confused:

How many ships offer or even have single cabins??

Edited by Debde

This shouldn't be an issue since there are very few ships with single occupancy cabins. My guess is singles will be restricted to booking a double occupancy cabin rather than a triple/quad

What about a grand suite for 2 people. We have always been able to book a grand suite for only 2 - even though it can hold 4.

YET - they are allowing 2 people to stay in SOLO cabins on Quantum and Anthem which makes no sense. Those cabins were made for single people so they would not have to pay for a supplement?

Good question -- what about Suites? As a couple, are we going to be restricted from booking them? Is this nod towards families/groups overstepping a bit?:confused: What if we have already booked a GS/OS/etc?

Edited by travelgoddess1

Does this mean if you are only two people, you can't even book a larger balcony cabin or an aft? That would discriminate against people that are older and no longer travel with children! I was looking forward to booking our first aft, so I hope this is not going to be restrictive. Would this mean 2 people can never book a Royal suite, b/c it fits more. I'm asking for clarification.

Does this mean if you are only two people, you can't even book a larger balcony cabin or an aft? That would discriminate against people that are older and no longer travel with children! I was looking forward to booking our first aft, so I hope this is not going to be restrictive. Would this mean 2 people can never book a Royal suite, b/c it fits more. I'm asking for clarification.

You should be asking rci, the ones who book the cabins.

I have the same question. Don't understand the connecting cabin info either on a previous posting. In most cases when I book an interior it seems to be a connecting one -what happens now. Do they not like solos who pay 200%?