Storage cubes in the veranda stateroom

TroubleT

We'll be sailing on Reflection (soon), and since it will be a longer cruise I decided "to create" additional storage in the stateroom (regular veranda stateroom). We are bringing $1 fabric foldable cubes to organize small items from our wardrobe (socks, t-shirts, etc.). I remember that there was a shelf over the bed on Solstice where we could place those cubes. Reflection doesn't have these shelves. Question for those who used the cubes in the past: Any idea where we can place the cubes so they don't clutter the room but help to organize it?

Thanks!

Best is to leave them home.

There were a few threads on this and one showed a video.

Some use the overhead storage cabinet above the bed to store them. Could also store under the bed.

We found that a closet shoe hanger rack and a closet cubical hanger worked for us. Everyone is different and has there own preferences.

Magnets work to keep papers off of the horizontal surfaces as the walls are metallic.

Happy cruising. 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Best is to leave them home.

Thanks for your reply, but I didn't ask if I should take them or leave them home. My question was: where to place them.:)

Some use the overhead storage cabinet above the bed to store them. Could also store under the bed.

There is no overhead storage cabinet above the bed in our stateroom. I know that for sure because we already stayed in the same stateroom.

We found that a closet shoe hanger rack and a closet cubical hanger worked for us. Everyone is different and has there own preferences.

Magnets work to keep papers off of the horizontal surfaces as the walls are metallic.

That is why we bring additional storage cubes because there is no enough space for 3 of us in a closet or in the drawers.

Check out the topic that I wrote on S-Class Storage

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1560620

I originally wrote it based on The Solstice but other cruisers have added to it with updates on the other 4 Ships in this class

I have not sailed on The Reflection...

1- Surprised to hear they did away with the over bed storage (really ?)... And they did not find a way to replace it somehow with other storage ?

Seems crazy.

2- Storage in the closet for your bins might be possible, if The Reflection maintained the top shelf (heard some ships after The Solstice did not)

Otherwise, cannot see how one would use the bins... A hanging organizer (long & narrow) for sweaters or shoes with shelves might be a better idea

And DO NOT DISCOUNT the magnet idea too fast... A little ingenuity, and one can do tons of things using weight appropriate magnets with hooks (again see my S-Class Storage post)

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Check out the topic that I wrote on S-Class Storage

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1560620

I originally wrote it based on The Solstice but other cruisers have added to it with updates on the other 4 Ships in this class

I have not sailed on The Reflection...

1- Surprised to hear they did away with the over bed storage (really ?)... And they did not find a way to replace it somehow with other storage ?

Seems crazy.

Those over bed storage units were useless IMO. You had to climb on the bed to get into them and that was a real pain. X needs to take some notes from RC on how to maximize storage in the staterooms.

We use zippered, sweater bags. We just ordered new ones from Amazon (arrived in one day), and it keeps our clothing and luggage organized. I take them out of the suitcase...and into the drawers or shelves. Nothing wrinkles. And re-packing is a snap. Just zip up...and put back into the luggage.

I know it's a foreign though, but why not just use your suitcases as "storage" areas and keep them under the bed? Get some dividers if necessary. Why would you want to add more items to an already tight room? Of get some soft/cheap gym bags in different colors and keep them under the bed.

We use zippered, sweater bags. We just ordered new ones from Amazon (arrived in one day), and it keeps our clothing and luggage organized. I take them out of the suitcase...and into the drawers or shelves. Nothing wrinkles. And re-packing is a snap. Just zip up...and put back into the luggage.

We do the same thing with the packing cubes from eBags. They're fabulous.

We were in wheelchair accessible stateroom and that is why (my wild guess) they didn't have the storage shelves over the bed:

Kudos to the team that realized that handicapped passengers might have difficulty reaching storage over the beds....but then they must have gone out for drinks because they forgot that they now needed to add that storage back somewhere else in the cabins. Looks like they got it half right.......

• 1 month later...
We'll be sailing on Reflection (soon), and since it will be a longer cruise I decided "to create" additional storage in the stateroom (regular veranda stateroom). We are bringing $1 fabric foldable cubes to organize small items from our wardrobe (socks, t-shirts, etc.). I remember that there was a shelf over the bed on Solstice where we could place those cubes. Reflection doesn't have these shelves. Question for those who used the cubes in the past: Any idea where we can place the cubes so they don't clutter the room but help to organize it?

Thanks!

I am interested to know where you found the foldable cubes for only $1?!. I plan to get some for my next cruise. they sound like a great idea.

I am interested to know where you found the foldable cubes for only $1?!. I plan to get some for my next cruise. they sound like a great idea.

I got them at Dollar Store. And the cubes were $1 each. We used them even in our wheelchair accessible stateroom - very convenient to store socks, underwear, swim suites, PJs, etc.!

Edited by TroubleT

Christmas tree shoppe always has the crates that fold flat-made of cardboard with a thin covering on them-all sizes.

I got these fabric boxes for $1 each at Christmas Tree Shops, and loved using them on my Eclipse 14-night transatlantic.

image.jpg.a3111541f15d43937df92a93f2c3abb5.jpg

Thanks!

There is always the very large drawer under the foot of the bed that will accommodate many cubes. If extra linens are stored there, ask your steward to remove them for the duration of your cubes. :D:D

Donna

There is always the very large drawer under the foot of the bed that will accommodate many cubes. If extra linens are stored there' date=' ask your steward to remove them for the duration of your cubes. :D:D

Donna[/quote']

Never had a large drawer under the bed on X, but they are there on HAL. EM

On S. Class ships there is a wire bin under the bed, holding the life jackets. It would be a surprise if there were linens stored there, that isn't the way Celebrity does it. Maybe that's what was meant by a drawer? You can move the life jackets to the above-bed storage and use the bin for your own things, if you want to.

On S. Class ships there is a wire bin under the bed, holding the life jackets. It would be a surprise if there were linens stored there, that isn't the way Celebrity does it. Maybe that's what was meant by a drawer? You can move the life jackets to the above-bed storage and use the bin for your own things, if you want to.

We've done exactly that; it solves two problems for me: I can't easily reach the above-bed storage, and it puts things I frequently use within easy reach. We use a suitcase under the bed for the same purpose. (I'd rather have drawer space, though! :) )