New viseo at Cruise Files with Cheryl Baker

oddjob16

Thanks Odd. Cool video. It's nice to put a face to the name of Richard Twynam. He mentioned Quest quite a bit and those guests choosing the dream team of Captain Carl and Philip Herbert. Just to say some of us also like the other dream team too. Johannes, Heike and Eric:cool:

Phil

This one might be interesting for new cruisers. Cheryl interviews Richard Twynam, Managing Director of Azamara Club Cruises.

A shame that the film and sound weren't co- ordinated.

What I did find interesting was that Richard Twynam said that their cruises are very popular with repeat guests. He used as his example Quest's voyage from Southampton to Montreal where 'frequent guests want to cruise again with passengers that they have previously met on the ships, hence the voyage filled up very quickly.'

Edited by upwarduk

I was on the Journey with a large group of friends who cruise Azamara frequently, when they announced this repositioning cruise. The prices were extremely low. Apparently a lot of folk who enjoy Transatlantics ( the majority of whom have done many Azamara cruises ) jumped on it right away, which caused the voyage to sell out quickly. The pricing has since been adjusted and we have friends who recently tried to upgrade from one veranda class to another. They passed since the new fare was over $2,000 more per person than they had originally paid!

Thanks Odd. Cool video. It's nice to put a face to the name of Richard Twynam. He mentioned Quest quite a bit and those guests choosing the dream team of Captain Carl and Philip Herbert. Just to say some of us also like the other dream team too. Johannes, Heike and Eric:cool:

Phil

I reacted on that, too. Maybe he just figured, since he obviously thinks he is speaking to a British audience, that he would mention the "British dream team".

My dream team is definitely Johannes, Heike and Eric :D

A shame that the film and sound weren't co- ordinated.

What I did find interesting was that Richard Twynam said that their cruises are very popular with repeat guests. He used as his example Quest's voyage from Southampton to Montreal where 'frequent guests want to cruise again with passengers that they have previously met on the ships, hence the voyage filled up very quickly.'

And that was rubbish....that cruise sold so quickly because it is a"1 off" cruise due to repositioning for a charter...an itinery they would never normally do....which was exciting to those of us who cruise with Az regularly and are looking for something that little bit different....which it is!

Sorry Richard T

Edited by jollyjoyce

About 9 minutes into the video, Mr. Twynam says that there are two specialty restaurants and "we do ask gents to wear a jacket in that (sic.)".

On a Journey cruise last month, we ate in either Aqualina or Prime C almost every night. Perhaps half the men wore jackets. (Just a guess) There was never a request for "gents" to wear a jacket.

Has something changed?

About 9 minutes into the video, Mr. Twynam says that there are two specialty restaurants and "we do ask gents to wear a jacket in that (sic.)".

On a Journey cruise last month, we ate in either Aqualina or Prime C almost every night. Perhaps half the men wore jackets. (Just a guess) There was never a request for "gents" to wear a jacket.

Has something changed?

I don't think so, I've done 13 cruises with AZ, the last one 2 months ago and have never worn or been requested to wear a jacket in any of the restaurants and I don't plan to take one with me on my next cruise in 6 weeks time.

I agree some people do dress up in the speciality restaurants but it's not a requirement above the normal dress code.

Otherwise an excellent video, always nice to see Richard being so positive about AZ.

Has something changed?

I spotted that and no, it definitely hasn't changed. The only thing that has recently altered is that jeans are now acceptable in all dining venues in the evening as long as they aren't distressed/torn. Personally I think this was a bad move, but is another matter altogether!

Phil

Anyone notice that they used old footage of one of the ships - painted a beautiful gleaming white?

Yes, I noticed too but decided not to post for fear of being " shot down in flames" by certain people on the Az boards...if the cap fits....the part about men's jackets was incorrect too. Richard T really should get his game together if he wants to have this kind of publicity.

I am a very loyal Az customer...

Shoot me down then!

Yes, I noticed too but decided not to post for fear of being " shot down in flames" by certain people on the Az boards...if the cap fits....the part about men's jackets was incorrect too. Richard T really should get his game together if he wants to have this kind of publicity.

Shoot me down then!

I'll be an Azamara first-timer in about 6 weeks and I like most everything I've seen, but the promotion folks should consider that Azamara might appeal more to old English teachers like me if they used standard spelling. As far as I know, dining still has only one /n/, not two as they had in the opening graphics. Fine 'dinning'? Really!

So shoot me next!

Melissa

...As far as I know, dining still has only one /n/, not two as they had in the opening graphics. Fine 'dinning'? Really!
I hear you! Dinning jumped off the screen at me as well. But if you notice, it appeared in the program introduction before the actual interview with Richard Twynam begins. I think the error lies with the Cruise Files and not Azamara. If you click on another YouTube video of the Cruise Files with Cheryl Baker interviewing a different cruise line exec, you'll find the same program introduction with the same spelling mistake.

I hear you! Dinning jumped off the screen at me as well. But if you notice, it appeared in the program introduction before the actual interview with Richard Twynam begins. I think the error lies with the Cruise Files and not Azamara. If you click on another YouTube video of the Cruise Files with Cheryl Baker interviewing a different cruise line exec, you'll find the same program introduction with the same spelling mistake.

That's right. Maybe I'll come out of retirement and edit for Cruise Files!

Shoot me down then!

I hope you do not consider this a shot down response and I'm certainly not wearing a cap. It always disappoints me when things are not right but I suspect this is probably not a production Azamara had editorial control over and looking at it some of it is archive footage so I'm thinking its a compilation video put together by another website. I do recall Cheryl Baker doing some promo videos on Azamara for the Sky Cruise Channel about 3 years ago.

My own dealings with Mr Twynam he had his game together 100%

Edited by uktog

Shoot me down then!

Get his game together? From what I have seen of Mr Twynam I'd say he definitely has his game together. Promotional material is rarely 100% up to date and correct. There is far too much knowledge on this board. That's the only real problem!

Phil

Get his game together? From what I have seen of Mr Twynam I'd say he definitely has his game together. Promotional material is rarely 100% up to date and correct. There is far too much knowledge on this board. That's the only real problem!

Phil

Phil,

I think that Richard T is by far the best thing that has ever happened to Az UK and I have been in contact with him on a few ocassions......always quickly and efficiently resolved.

My point was that if Az are going to issue promo material...it should be correct every time. Never since we started cruising with Az, and a long time before RT joined them, have men been required to wear jackets anywhere on Quest or Journey.... And he should know that!

It isn't that there is too mch knowledge on this board that's the problem, it's that people are always assumed to be being critical when they have valid observations to make......and it's as if nobody is allowed an opinion unless it s a positive one. Surely things only improve by us all having valid opinions and voicing them, as surely we are allowed to do on this board.

Joyce

Phil,

I think that Richard T is by far the best thing that has ever happened to Az UK and I have been in contact with him on a few ocassions......always quickly and efficiently resolved.

My point was that if Az are going to issue promo material...it should be correct every time. Never since we started cruising with Az, and a long time before RT joined them, have men been required to wear jackets anywhere on Quest or Journey.... And he should know that!

It isn't that there is too mch knowledge on this board that's the problem, it's that people are always assumed to be being critical when they have valid observations to make......and it's as if nobody is allowed an opinion unless it s a positive one. Surely things only improve by us all having valid opinions and voicing them, as surely we are allowed to do on this board.

Joyce

Exactly. I have, on a number of occasions, wanted to mention something but dare not lest the opprobium hit me!

I am a delicate little flower and just couldn't cope!

Yes maybe some of the promotional info and clips are out of date, but overall I thought the video presented a good picture of Azamara. I think the point to be made about jackets worn by men is that if they want to wear them, then they can, but we all know they are not compulsory.

I have had personal experience of how helpful Richard Twynam is ....he went far and beyond his job description to help us out last year. He responds promptly to emails and I don't know that many Managing Directors who put their email addresses on a public forum. I think he is a great addition to Azamara UK.

I have had personal experience of how helpful Richard Twynam is ....he went far and beyond his job description to help us out last year. He responds promptly to emails and I don't know that many Managing Directors who put their email addresses on a public forum. I think he is a great addition to Azamara UK.

I concur! I think Richard Twynam and Bonnie are a real asset to Azamara.