The legacy of Lisa Lutloff-Perlo

Mynki

In your opinion, is Lisa Lutloff-Perlo having a positive or a negative effect on Cele  

284 members have voted

1. 1. In your opinion, is Lisa Lutloff-Perlo having a positive or a negative effect on Cele

• Positive
    • Negative

Negative!!

Haven't cruised for one and a half year and found out there are a lot of cutbacks especially entertainments from my recent cruise.

I don't see the cutback necessary as oil prices drop from $147.00 to the present $35.00 per barrel.:rolleyes:

The prices for 2017-2018 is incredible high.

Edited by iSailor

Unless someone holds control of a very large block of RCCL stock, at the end of the day, ;) it don't matter.

But we have just returned from 10 days on the Equinox, and the wifester said it was her best cruise in 25 years! So positive it is.

Edited by wallie5446

Negative..

A much lower class experience, it may be modern but no longer elegant, luxury

perks which were included at time of booking removed, like AQ daily water,

No flowers or extra nice touches in stateroom

no improvement in technology..website still an erratic experience. My Celeb ,luggage tags

shredded scratchy, and stained towels in AQ

removal of top end restaurants

focus on selling extras /ugrades on board by staff

emphasis on snagging the new cruiser over making the cruise experience better!

more about bars and drinking overall

Off topic..Waliie why do you call your spouse "wifester?"

Still too early for me to judge. She has grown the bottom line with cutbacks and higher prices.

At the same time some outstanding Senior staff have returned to Celebrity in very large part as a vote of confidence in her. Loyalty has become less important, but advanced bookings are strong.

Love her if you are an investor. Not love her if you are a loyal cruiser. Depends where you are. The jury is still out for me.

Still too early for me to judge. She has grown the bottom line with cutbacks and higher prices.

At the same time some outstanding Senior staff have returned to Celebrity in very large part as a vote of confidence in her. Loyalty has become less important, but advanced bookings are strong.

Love her if you are an investor. Not love her if you are a loyal cruiser. Depends where you are. The jury is still out for me.

I believe there has been an effort on her part to report to the stockholders at year end that advanced bookings are up. She's accomplishing this by having promotions that offer reduced deposits such as the $25 deposit offer, which inflates and distorts the numbers.

And Charles, would you continue to sail only with X if you did not receive your Zenith perks?

Edited by dirtymoney

Neutral, as it is too soon, way too soon to talk about legacy or performance or anything else for all that matters, at this juncture in her short tenure at X. What is the reason you post this, now?

bon voyage...

Well, certainly there is a very NEGATIVE attitude on theses boards of late, the biggest NO NO for me is the CHIC evening wear.

Whatever happened to standards?

...She's a whiz as is her staff.....All will get better and better.

Cheers! CERF

IMO the IT section needs a decent overhaul, that hasn't happened yet!

Edited by upwarduk

Anyone who works in the cruise industry KNOWS that any real change happens after 12-18 months of a new CEO.....Celebrity RCL will know Lisa;s performance at that time. Also keep in mind that LLP was one of the driving forces behind the Solstice class of ships.....some in RCL call them her children.......so this survey asking for votes prior to any time frame.....its a bit ridiculous. She's a whiz as is her staff.....All will get better and better.

Cheers! CERF

One's "legacy" is usually determined at the end of their career. I believe we have some time before we are in a position to judge. The survey is premature.

I agree with Orator 100%.

Let's see:

--stock price is up (good for investors).

--Celebrity becoming a more "classed line" (suites, Aqua Class, Luminae, Michael's Club, Alcoves…,).

--Cost of alternative restaurants is up.

--Cruise prices are up; holiday prices are way up. Fuel cost is down.

--Space ratio is going down.

--Less staff in some areas.

--Some perks going away.

--Modern Chic is in -- formal out.

--Officers, service staff, CD staff -- still wonderful and hard working!

--Ships are modern and clean.

--Same itineraries.

--Demand for Celebrity is high.

--Competition is floundering.

--Cuisine is good, but not great. Quality down in some areas, like beef.

--Passenger demographics are evolving.

Enjoy!

Kel:)

Edited by kelmac

Anyone who works in the cruise industry KNOWS that any real change happens after 12-18 months of a new CEO.....Celebrity RCL will know Lisa;s performance at that time. Also keep in mind that LLP was one of the driving forces behind the Solstice class of ships.....some in RCL call them her children.......so this survey asking for votes prior to any time frame.....its a bit ridiculous. She's a whiz as is her staff.....All will get better and better.

Cheers! CERF

She has been CEO for a year, so we are in your time frame.

Celebrity has gone downhill in so many respects.

The clientele has gotten more low-rent.

The service isn't as personalized as it was even a year ago

The food on board is repetitive and uninspired

The price that we pay for suites isn't reflected in the overall experience - except for the fabulous Luminae

Customer service hasn't been responsive to concerns and complaints - just a couple of years ago they bent over backwards to correct problems

The itineraries are repetitive

The Solstice Class ships are still stunningly beautiful and the Solarium is one of my favorite spots on any ship....but these positives aren't enough to keep us booking with X

I don't know which of these changes have been affected by the CEO, but these changes that we've noticed have all been over the past year.

Michael

Celebrity has gone downhill in so many respects.

The clientele has gotten more low-rent.

The service isn't as personalized as it was even a year ago

The food on board is repetitive and uninspired

The price that we pay for suites isn't reflected in the overall experience - except for the fabulous Luminae

Customer service hasn't been responsive to concerns and complaints - just a couple of years ago they bent over backwards to correct problems

The itineraries are repetitive

The Solstice Class ships are still stunningly beautiful and the Solarium is one of my favorite spots on any ship....but these positives aren't enough to keep us booking with X

I don't know which of these changes have been affected by the CEO, but these changes that we've noticed have all been over the past year.

Michael

Michael,

Sounds like a bit of been there and done that.

Does familiarity breed contempt?

I agree with Orator 100%.

Let's see:

--stock price is up (good for investors).

--Celebrity becoming a more "classed line" (suites, Aqua Class, Luminae, Michael's Club, Alcoves…,).

--Cost of alternative restaurants is up.

--Cruise prices are up; holiday prices are way up. Fuel cost is down.

--Space ratio is going down.

--Less staff in some areas.

--Some perks going away.

--Modern Chic is in -- formal out.

--Officers, service staff, CD staff -- still wonderful and hard working!

--Ships are modern and clean.

--Same itineraries.

--Demand for Celebrity is high.

--Competition is floundering.

--Cuisine is good, but not great. Quality down in some areas, like beef.

--Passenger demographics are evolving.

Enjoy!

Kel:)

Positive, would we have the Solstice ship class without her?

I some times refer to my wife as wifey. Not a clue why. :confused: It just fell out of my mouth one day. That's usually how nicknames happen. At least Wallie can articulate why. On a separate note, I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I can't find anything to complain about here on Cruise Critic. :confused:

Like +++++