when do you attach cruise luggage tags?

Aunt Sue

I have never attached the cruise luggage tags until the day of embarkation, since we fly in from Phoenix. But this cruise (in 9 days yay!!) I got the plastic luggage tag holders with the metal rings (from Amazon) that Bob suggested so I'm wondering if I should attach them to the bags before we fly US Air? That way in case the luggage is lost maybe they'll get to a RCI rep at MCO to be forwarded to FOS? or would they just get damaged by handlers? :confused:

I have never attached the cruise luggage tags until the day of embarkation, since we fly in from Phoenix. But this cruise (in 9 days yay!!) I got the plastic luggage tag holders with the metal rings (from Amazon) that Bob suggested so I'm wondering if I should attach them to the bags before we fly US Air? That way in case the luggage is lost maybe they'll get to a RCI rep at MCO to be forwarded to FOS? or would they just get damaged by handlers? :confused:

I still would not attach luggage tags until I head for the ship......

Wait until the last minute, the fewer tags on your luggage the less chance that it gets misdirected.

Always take off all of the old tags (whether airline or cruise line) before handing your bags over for the next voyage.

We use those luggage tags from Amazon but we do not attach them until we are at our hotel the night before the cruise. That way the airlines do not get confused by too many tags to look at, since we always have a connecting flight.

Why would you confuse "lost luggage handlers"?

The only personal tag on your checked airline checked baggage should have the same phone and e/mail contact info as is on a sheet of paper on top of your packed items inside the suitcase. They call you, you answer and tell them where to deliver the bag(s).

Of course, for all the obvious reasons, never put a home address on a luggage tag.

Edited by Flatbush Flyer

I purchased one of those heavy duty cruise luggage tags and keep it ready to go inside the outer zippered area of my big suitcase and put it on when I am ready to go to port. I also print out a 8 x11 piece of paper that has my destination and home address prominently displayed in the inside zippered area. That stays until I get home.