Princess Ezair

macleay

You can click on check flights without doing a dummy booking. I do this when I book through a TA and give the TA the information. The TA has Princess add the flights. The big box TA appears to have auto forward of emails from Princess so I still get notifications of flight changes and the flights appear in the cruise personalizer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

you don't have to do a booking to get a flight quote. Just sign in (so you make sure you get "your" pricing), go to the cruise you're interested in, click on flight quotes. Enter your airport, dates, etc and you'll get the list of available flights.

Thank you. I hadn’t noticed that before.

The Home Airport is apparently wrong for many folks....but really is not a problem since you can change your departure airports at your own whim. For some weird reason Princess has our home airport as Honolulu even though we live in Pennsylvania. Never saw the need to get it changed...and after reading a recent post (above) am glad we never tried.

Hank

To get an accurate fare comparison you should go through your current EZ Air booking.

You click on ADD/MODIFY flights and then do the search for new ones, IT WILL NOT cancel your current flights unless you go through the entire process and accept the new ones. Its very safe and easy to do. It will give you both the old and new flights side by side and give you the price difference.

They must have fixed the system then. The last time I tried this several years ago, it cancelled my existing reservation without my going through a confirmation or acceptance screen. That ended up costing us about $400 on our transatlantic flights.

Be careful, and if you call Princess to have them look at something then clearly state "Do not cancel my existing reservation until I tell you to do it."

Changing mine was a piece of cake cause I hadn't booked anything yet. But I would have wasted a lot of time trying to figure out how to do it myself if you hadn't mentioned it.

Does anyone know if it makes a difference in TA commission if I book EZAir myself or have her do it? I want to play around with dates and times and it will be faster if I do it myself.

My TA has told me she gets no commission for booking airfare through EZAir, so her advice to me is to book online myself, and then it will get included in the overall booking and payment.

RE: Home airport - changing this required my TA to change it in Princess' system. I could not do this myself.

The Home Airport is apparently wrong for many folks....but really is not a problem since you can change your departure airports at your own whim. For some weird reason Princess has our home airport as Honolulu even though we live in Pennsylvania. Never saw the need to get it changed...and after reading a recent post (above) am glad we never tried.

Hank

Wow, now that one is weird! And I thought a small airport 100 miles away was strange. I wonder who or what computer program decides these things?

I wanted to change it just for convenience; someone had suggested checking air prices a couple of times a day for price drops and since our air seems quite high to me, I just got tired of changing the home city every time.

After all the hassle, I just hope that now whenever I check EZ Air my home city is accurate! I'm almost afraid to try it!

A problem I have experienced is that Princess is really slow or reluctant to refund your money to your credit card after you cancel an EZair. We found we could get a better and much less expensive flight to Narita using a Chinese airline. Cancelled the EZair flexible flight on 22 August. Called Princess a week later and asked why I didn't see the refund to my credit card. The reply was that it takes 10 to 15 "business days" to get the refund. I waited that long and called Princess again. This time the reply was "Since you booked thru a TA, your TA has to call us for that" I mentioned that the TA had nothing to do with the EZ air, I had done it myself on the cruise personalizer. She (her name is "Unique") was adamant. So I called my TA day before yesterday and he called back saying they are refunding the fare. Not sure if this is really their policy or just an example of getting a different answer every time you call Princess. BTW, I just checked with my credit card and they still haven't credited the refund.

A problem I have experienced is that Princess is really slow or reluctant to refund your money to your credit card after you cancel an EZair. We found we could get a better and much less expensive flight to Narita using a Chinese airline. Cancelled the EZair flexible flight on 22 August. Called Princess a week later and asked why I didn't see the refund to my credit card. The reply was that it takes 10 to 15 "business days" to get the refund. I waited that long and called Princess again. This time the reply was "Since you booked thru a TA, your TA has to call us for that" I mentioned that the TA had nothing to do with the EZ air, I had done it myself on the cruise personalizer. She (her name is "Unique") was adamant. So I called my TA day before yesterday and he called back saying they are refunding the fare. Not sure if this is really their policy or just an example of getting a different answer every time you call Princess. BTW, I just checked with my credit card and they still haven't credited the refund.
I think it might be some sort of Princess policy, since the exact same thing happened to me. Except I was told my TA had made a mistake on final payment. She hadn't. I finally got my refund shortly after making the call to my TA. I did send an e-mail to customerrelations@princesscruises.com expressing my frustration with this and a couple of other issues. One of the issues was the amount shown on my receipt with Delta was less than the EZair price I was charged. Apparently Princess has a service charge. Anyway, I got a call and had a nice talk with a customer relations person. She gave us three vouchers to a specialty restaurant. Edited by billco

I think it might be some sort of Princess policy, since the exact same thing happened to me. Except I was told my TA had made a mistake on final payment. She hadn't. I finally got my refund shortly after making the call to my TA. I did send an e-mail to customerrelations@princesscruises.com expressing my frustration with this and a couple of other issues. One of the issues was the amount shown on my receipt with Delta was less than the EZair price I was charged. Apparently Princess has a service charge. Anyway, I got a call and had a nice talk with a customer relations person. She gave us three vouchers to a specialty restaurant.

It is not just Princess. Last year we had First Class tickets booked directly with American Airlines. AA changed their flight schedules that effectively made our flight connections impossible. So we asked AA for a complete refund (this was due to their fault) and they told us it would take at least 2 weeks to get the approvals and process our refund. It was closer to a month until our refund showed on our credit card.

Hank

• 6 months later...

We paid our full ticket in September to get airline seats we needed. We went to the carrier and bought a slight upgrade. In December EZ Air changed our flight and we lost the seats. We worked with EZ Air to get them back. In April I learned that EZ Air cancelled our outbound flight and failed to notify me. When I called, they refused to make me whole, rather, they stated that their responsibility was only to get us to Rome, no matter how. They offered another flight but failed to tell me that the only seats were the very type of seat we wished to avoid: the middle of the 4 seats in the middle of the jet. Other flights with window seats were available, but they concealed that fact. The carrier allowed us to move to an aisle and adjacent seat in the middle, but our 2 seats by the window were not within what EZ Air was willing to pay. On top of this, they refused to upgrade us to premium economy unless we paid over $2k, and they refused to upgrade even one leg of the trip. Finally, they refused to even guarantee that our unpleasant new arrangements would actually be there when we got to the airport.

So much for "EZ" Air, its guarantees, and their claim "The Easy Way to save time, money & stress when you book your cruise vacation & airfare early"

We are reserving our legal remedies until our return.

We paid our full ticket in September to get airline seats we needed. We went to the carrier and bought a slight upgrade. In December EZ Air changed our flight and we lost the seats.

Once a ticket is issued (and it should be issued once Princess has paid the airline which should happen after you pay Princess), EZAir cannot and does not make any changes to your itinerary. Any changes would be by the airline and that is who you need to deal with after such changes are made.

You say you paid Princess for the ticket. Was this before final payment was due for the cruise? If so, did Princess know that the payment was to be sent on to the airline and not just be treated as a payment towards your cruise fare?

Just wanted to pop in and advise on my first experience with Princess EZair (please see my posts # 16, 25, 33 on this thread). We were required to pay for our airfares at the same time as final payment was paid on the cruise. Once this was paid I went to Emirates website, hooked into our booking and was able to choose seats (2 windows, one behind the other), advise of any special requests and also book their complimentary limousine service from our Singapore hotel to Changi Airport and from Melbourne Tullamarine to our home. It all went so smoothly and easily that I wouldn't hesitate to utilise EZair again - if the price is right of course. ;)

for our LA - Hawaii cruise next winter that i just booked, i found nonstop flights to and from LA on AA, got prices on AA site, then asked for EZair prices from princess, they were identical, but since the current princess deal is free gratuities AND up to $300 off on air, i booked the flights thru princess - saved 300 and don't have to pay for the flights until just before final cruise payment date in october.. Mike in CT

I think it might be some sort of Princess policy, since the exact same thing happened to me. Except I was told my TA had made a mistake on final payment. She hadn't. I finally got my refund shortly after making the call to my TA. I did send an e-mail to customerrelations@princesscruises.com expressing my frustration with this and a couple of other issues. One of the issues was the amount shown on my receipt with Delta was less than the EZair price I was charged. Apparently Princess has a service charge. Anyway, I got a call and had a nice talk with a customer relations person. She gave us three vouchers to a specialty restaurant.

I do believe that the amount EZair actually pays the airline is LESS than what you pay EZair.

Last year for my Alaska cruise on Grand Princess out of San Francisco, I shopped EZair. In particular, I wanted to:

-route my trip as FLL-JFK-SFO with SFO-JFK-FLL as the return

-fly Delta

-choose particular Delta One transcon flights.

Once I priced out my itinerary on Delta with particular flights, I called Princess to see if they could price out that particular itin. The EZair search engine doesn't accommodate Delta One, which is more expensive than First Class. It was a long, back and forth conversation with Princess reservations since the public can't speak directly with EZair reps-- or at least that is what I was told.

Eventually they were able to book it at a price about $300 less that the Delta website price. They kept stating: "but this is in business class, not first class" because at least at the time Delta One flights use a fare code for the domestic transcons that normally is reserved for business class. (I guess that's how Delta distinguishes the better Delta One product from domestic first class.)

The ticket was approximately $2,500 compared to Delta's $2,800 at the time... which closer to the flight/sailing date rose to $3,500 or more last minute.

I liked that I could defer purchase until final payment, yet through Delta, I could reserve my seat and got notifications of any changes (perhaps DL is better at that with their FF's, contrary to other that state they never get notifications.)

I did notice right away, that while I could access my flights and see my record using the Delta app, I could not see any pricing information as I normally could for tickets I buy with Delta. That held true even after EZair ticketing.

Because Delta awards miles for flight using a formula that starts with the base fare not including taxes and fees, I noticed that my credited miles seemed to represent a bases fare a few hundred dollars less than my EZair price. Yes, I still received bonus miles for both the class of service bonus and my tier level multiplier.

As for changes.... I was booked to arrive in San Francisco a few days before my embarkation. On the morning of my departure Delta notified me of a 90 minute delay for my JFK-SFO flight followed two minutes later with a similar delay for my FLL-JFK flight. No problem as I had a planned 2.5 layover in the JFK Skyclub. But on the FLL tarmac my flight received another delay of 3 hours, and our pilot said we would return to the gate. Before we had taxied back, I had successfully rebooked/protected the same two flights for the next day through Delta reservations. The gate agent had to reissue the e-ticket.

My real worry about the EZair ticket purchase had to do with the EZair guarantee for my return flight if there had been a cruise related delay with disembarkation. I feared EZair would reticket me on a domestic first class flight (say, through Atlanta) rather than the Delta One flight which I had paid for.

We use them, have had no problems and this last trip saved us $400. I would assume that you will find people who have had a terrible time with it. Just as you would if you dealt with the air line directly. Or a cruise line or any other business.

Question. Once you book your cruise and choose EZ Air, can you completely change the air? Like if I originally decide to fly out of Las Vegas to Ft. Lauderdale on the 10th, then decide later (before 45 days) to fly from Phoenix to Miami on the 9th instead, is that allowable? And what if I decide to not go with EZ Air at all and book my own flights, can I do that, too? This is all new to me! Thanks so much.

Question. Once you book your cruise and choose EZ Air, can you completely change the air? Like if I originally decide to fly out of Las Vegas to Ft. Lauderdale on the 10th, then decide later (before 45 days) to fly from Phoenix to Miami on the 9th instead, is that allowable? And what if I decide to not go with EZ Air at all and book my own flights, can I do that, too? This is all new to me! Thanks so much.

You can make changes or cancel Flexible EZair flights anytime prior to final payment. I’ve easily made changes whenever there’s a better price and/or flights.

With Flexible airfares you can make changes up to 45 days in advance however I’ve never had a need to use this option. I’ve never booked a Restricted airfare & on the Princess website they have more details about these options.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Thank you, Astro Flyer.

Another question. If I book a cruise under the current promo offering a certain amount off airfare, will I keep that deduction if I change my flights after the promo has ended? Or will I revert back to current pricing?

Thank you, Astro Flyer.

Another question. If I book a cruise under the current promo offering a certain amount off airfare, will I keep that deduction if I change my flights after the promo has ended? Or will I revert back to current pricing?

Looking at the offer’s terms & conditions, it doesn’t specify how that particular situation would be handled.

But in general when making changes after the end of a promotion it results in losing any benefits. I won’t speculate about how that would affect your situation & whether you’d keep the airfare discount.

If it was me, I’d call Princess during weekday business hours to get a definitive answer from their EZair section.

Thank you again! I hadn't been able to find the T&C's (I'm on my smart phone) so you have been very helpful!

I'll call Princess on Monday, and I'll post their response here for everyone else. It makes sense that that benefit would expire, but you never know!

Question. Once you book your cruise and choose EZ Air, can you completely change the air? Like if I originally decide to fly out of Las Vegas to Ft. Lauderdale on the 10th, then decide later (before 45 days) to fly from Phoenix to Miami on the 9th instead, is that allowable? And what if I decide to not go with EZ Air at all and book my own flights, can I do that, too?

You can make changes or cancel Flexible EZair flights anytime prior to final payment. I’ve easily made changes whenever there’s a better price and/or flights.

With Flexible airfares you can make changes up to 45 days in advance however I’ve never had a need to use this option. I’ve never booked a Restricted airfare & on the Princess website they have more details about these options.

Yes, with the flexible fare julie3fan can make the switch in flights asked about. But realize that the new flights will be at the current EZAir pricing, not at the pricing for the original flights.