Grandeur Centrum Areal show?

They said the same thing to us on Brilliance.

You had recently mentioned the fact that Jewel still had the glass floor open to the centrum. Maybe it will survive the next retrofit? There was a big deal made when they started these on the Radiance class. I haven't heard it they weren't popular or if someone got hurt.

Our last GR cruise was in April and at that time they were saying they didn't know when it was returning, but I've heard many times since that it's done. In April, they substituted a variant performed completely on the floor which we didn't go to. We'd seen the aerial show 3-4 times prior to that trip.

As far as I know the Radiance and Vision class ships are not offering it any longer. A few crew members mentioned safety issues were becoming a problem, plus the additional crew members it took to set up and control the show.

I loved those shows also. Sad to see them go.

You had recently mentioned the fact that Jewel still had the glass floor open to the centrum. Maybe it will survive the next retrofit? There was a big deal made when they started these on the Radiance class. I haven't heard it they weren't popular or if someone got hurt.

I'm thinking the glass floor and that entire C&A area was re-purposed because of the aerial shows. So I agree that maybe there is a chance that area will survive on Jewel.

I'm thinking the glass floor and that entire C&A area was re-purposed fbecause of the aerial shows. So I agree that maybe there is a chance that area will survive on Jewel.

I'll report back in April. I did see a short aerial show on Freedom in the main theater back in 2015.

I'm disappointed to read this. Never been on Grandeur and was looking forward to it. Are there any other special or 'must-see' shows? Comedians, illusionists and hypnotizers don't interest us but we like shows with singers, music, dancing, etc. We'll be on a 12 day cruise and look forward to it!

As far as I know the Radiance and Vision class ships are not offering it any longer. A few crew members mentioned safety issues were becoming a problem, plus the additional crew members it took to set up and control the show.

I loved those shows also. Sad to see them go.

That sucks. I saw it on one of their videos for youtube and it looked really cool. I'm a little bummed out about that. :(

As far as I know the Radiance and Vision class ships are not offering it any longer. A few crew members mentioned safety issues were becoming a problem, plus the additional crew members it took to set up and control the show. I loved those shows also. Sad to see them go.

We saw it on the Vision last year, sad to see it go.

Laurie

According to Grandeur's production show dance team captain (who was also an aerial performer) when asked during the backstage tour back in July, the aerial rigging and machines were removed during drydock. Instead they are re-focusing on floor-based shows in the Centrum.

I have heard different reasons for stopping the aerial shows in the Centrum. The one that sounded most likely to me was a shortage of qualified "riggers", the people who work the ropes and gear that the aerial performers depend on. The explanation continued: With all of the places with aerial shows now, with so many versions of Cirque du Soleil all over the place, the best riggers have all gotten snapped up. Royal Caribbean stated that they were beginning their own rigger training program, but I never heard anything more.

I have heard different reasons for stopping the aerial shows in the Centrum. The one that sounded most likely to me was a shortage of qualified "riggers", the people who work the ropes and gear that the aerial performers depend on. The explanation continued: With all of the places with aerial shows now, with so many versions of Cirque du Soleil all over the place, the best riggers have all gotten snapped up. Royal Caribbean stated that they were beginning their own rigger training program, but I never heard anything more.

This is the same story I have heard. Sounds reasonable.

Code for $$$$$$$$$$

I saw the show on past cruises and loved it but at the same time it was scary.

I agree! Compared to a possible sprained ankle or such when dancers are on the stage, the outcome in case of any accident would be horrendous. And the rigging installation, for one short show per cruise, hardly seems worthwhile.

Once the rigging is designed and the mounts set up, it is not a huge effort to set it up.

You do need to do an inspection before each use, but use it once, inspect it once, use it 10 times, inspect it 10 times. So no more effort for one use versus many.

Did a GR cruise in fall 14, really enjoyed the aerial show.

We just got home from the August 10th sailing. The areal show is not going to be done anymore. They replaced it with floor shows. We saw The Seasons floor show and it was disappointing compared to the areal version we saw on or 1st Grandeur cruise.

We loved the brothers comedian act but the other shows were not as good this cruise.

The staff was great again and the food was very good.

I will miss never seeing the areal show again very much. It was wonderful. :(:(