New Beverage Package Promotions (Liberty)

MADflyer

I am not sure if the beverage package promotions offered on the Liberty repositioning cruise from Bayonne to Galveston were ship or sailing specific or if they will be offered fleet wide in the future.

C&A members were offered a discount on the Premium and Ultimate beverage packages.

The daily price was discounted by 50% for Pinnacles, 40% for D+, 30% for D and 20% was offered to Emerald along with 10% discount for Platinum members.

The discount was offered for packages purchased at any time up to 4 days prior to the final sailing date.

At that point, Liberty offered a new $67, 10 drink coupon voucher that was available for sale up until the final day of the sailing. These 10 drink vouchers could be used in any bar for any beverage up to a $14 value.

Unique to this $67 voucher was that it could be shared. It was only available on the last 3 days of the sailing.

I was allowed to pay an 'upgrade' for wine that was more expensive than included with any package. Diamond drink 'coupons' were valued at $8, while these vouchers were given a $14 value.

Liberty was heavily promoting these packages right up to the last evening of the cruise and had a 'manned' table set up at the entrance to the Windjammer throughout the sailing to continue to push drink packages.

While bar menus did not have prices daily special drinks ranged from $6.50 to $8.50 daily, mixed drinks ran from $8 to $14 and the most basic wine was priced at $8 by the glass. Wine by the glass was very limited in the specialty restaurants.

They were selling a 15-drink card for $120 on the just completed Vision TA.

I am assuming that $8 per drink Vision drink voucher was available for the entire sailing.

The $6.70 per drink Liberty voucher was only available after the final day for purchasing drink packages for the remainder of the cruise.

I am happy to see some activity on this front. One of the things I did like about MSC was their drink coupons. They could even be used on future sailings on any ship in their fleet and could also be shared after purchase.

I am assuming that $8 per drink Vision drink voucher was available for the entire sailing.

The $6.70 per drink Liberty voucher was only available after the final day for purchasing drink packages for the remainder of the cruise.

I am happy to see some activity on this front. One of the things I did like about MSC was their drink coupons. They could even be used on future sailings on any ship in their fleet and could also be shared after purchase.

Yes, the drink card on Vision was being sold on the first day and could be used and shared the entire cruise.

When we first started cruising with royal they sold a 12 drink package, been too long to remember cost but we bought it every cruise. We have not purchased any of the current packages because hubby is a recovering alcoholic and I have at most 2 to 3 drinks per day. I would love the choice of a smaller package available. Say something that would limit drinks per day maybe. I like the idea of this one if it works out I think. You never know until you actually experience it for yourself.

Maybe RCCL is starting to see a drop in sales for passengers who don't buy the drink packages, and are rationing their purchases for the extremely expensive alcoholic drinks. So, they offer the drink packages and bundled coupons for what is now $6 - $10 per drink. Smart move.

I would love to see this available on all ships:). We are sailing the Anthem in January and would be very surprised if they offered that on a new ship. We have 6 port days so, for us, a package just isn't worth purchasing, but if they offered vouchers or a card, I would definitely purchase one:D!

Many people have been asking for something like this for a long time. There is no encouragement to D or above to purchase the present Drink Packages as by doing so we give up our Happy Hour benefit. Good Move Royal, now role it out across the fleet quickly PLEASE !!!!

Many people have been asking for something like this for a long time. There is no encouragement to D or above to purchase the present Drink Packages as by doing so we give up our Happy Hour benefit. Good Move Royal, now role it out across the fleet quickly PLEASE !!!!

Yes, agree. Please roll this out to the rest of fleet :D

Thank you. Is this only for your sailing? I am purchasing our Drink Package when we board with our OBC but my dd is Emerald and I just purchased for her about a month ago. Ill call and get a partial refund if this is for all sailings. Im sailing on Indy over NYE. Thans.

I have a couple friends currently sailing on Liberty. I will ask them about this when they return.

They had printed promotional material for all of the bars and had the signage up throughout the sailing.

While we did a 12 day repo sailing and the current sailing is a 9 day sailing, it will be most interesting to see if they continue the discount program and drink discount cards when the ship goes to the normal 7 night sailings.

It will also be interesting to see if the C&A promo was only made available on a sailing with so many upper tier members onboard.

Doing a 4 day to the Bahamas in February. The 10 drinks voucher I'd buy. I feel like the drunk package might not be as great as they hope since I'm sure people feel the need to drink a ton to justify the cost. In the end that's not as profitable. The light drinkers like myself drink less because the package isn't worth it and the price is so high.

I am not sure if the beverage package promotions offered on the Liberty repositioning cruise from Bayonne to Galveston were ship or sailing specific or if they will be offered fleet wide in the future.

C&A members were offered a discount on the Premium and Ultimate beverage packages.

The daily price was discounted by 50% for Pinnacles, 40% for D+, 30% for D and 20% was offered to Emerald along with 10% discount for Platinum members.

The discount was offered for packages purchased at any time up to 4 days prior to the final sailing date.

At that point, Liberty offered a new $67, 10 drink coupon voucher that was available for sale up until the final day of the sailing. These 10 drink vouchers could be used in any bar for any beverage up to a $14 value.

Unique to this $67 voucher was that it could be shared. It was only available on the last 3 days of the sailing.

I was allowed to pay an 'upgrade' for wine that was more expensive than included with any package. Diamond drink 'coupons' were valued at $8, while these vouchers were given a $14 value.

Liberty was heavily promoting these packages right up to the last evening of the cruise and had a 'manned' table set up at the entrance to the Windjammer throughout the sailing to continue to push drink packages.

While bar menus did not have prices daily special drinks ranged from $6.50 to $8.50 daily, mixed drinks ran from $8 to $14 and the most basic wine was priced at $8 by the glass. Wine by the glass was very limited in the specialty restaurants.

With a bit of luck, Royal will have been seeing a steady reduction in bar sales after the 40-50% drink price hikes eight months ago and the above discounts and vouchers are a trial to recoup lost revenue.

Drinks around the $6.50 to $8.50 mark, whether by vouchers or 'specials', are getting back to a more reasonable level!

With a bit of luck, Royal will have been seeing a steady reduction in bar sales after the 40-50% drink price hikes eight months ago and the above discounts and vouchers are a trial to recoup lost revenue.

Drinks around the $6.50 to $8.50 mark, whether by vouchers or 'specials', are getting back to a more reasonable level!

I agree! I hope this is the new and improved way... We used to buy one DOD per day and never brought our 2 bottles of wine onboard since the DOD's were reasonable. After the price hike, we started packing our own wine and only bought one frozen drink total on our last cruise. We are packing our wine for next week again and will probably not buy any ship drinks. However, I can definitely see myself buying the 10 vouchers.