Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

Here's another 'open back door' photo from this weekend to make up for it. And why is there what appears to be a giant gorilla on deck 15?

10522089_10204939448232145_3015904574104052882_n.jpg?oh=270fcaaf292fc8a95e08ab476a2784f8&oe=5450D78E

That gorilla is quite intriguing!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Here's another 'open back door' photo from this weekend to make up for it. And why is there what appears to be a giant gorilla on deck 15?

10522089_10204939448232145_3015904574104052882_n.jpg?oh=270fcaaf292fc8a95e08ab476a2784f8&oe=5450D78E

Could it be a sculpture for the H2O Zone that was just placed on the sports deck temporarily?

Thanks Tall Cruiser. I have an E1 booked so was wondering if that was them and what the difference is (apart from the larger balcony and slightly smaller cabin)..

I have an E1 booked too (on Anthem) and am still patiently waiting for RCI to release a reliable rendering of the E1s.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

I wonder if the Red Dragon/Gorilla/Octopus is one of the sculptures that spouts water on the kids in their play area.

I was booked on QOTS but then I had to move house and change jobs so I decided to be smart for once and save some money and cancel the cruise. I was avoiding any QOTS threads as I was disappointed not to be going on it. Yesterday I cracked and spent few hours on this thread, this morning I re-booked.

Damn you Cruise critic :D

I was booked on QOTS but then I had to move house and change jobs so I decided to be smart for once and save some money and cancel the cruise. I was avoiding any QOTS threads as I was disappointed not to be going on it. Yesterday I cracked and spent few hours on this thread, this morning I re-booked.

I know how you feel. I wasn't going to go on a Quantum-class ship until March 2016. Was saving money until I made the mistake of checking out Quantum November 2-10 roll call and RCI website's booking page. I had a side trip to Meyer Werft planned before the sail date, but nixed it.

Edited by Lloyd555

I wonder if the Red Dragon/Gorilla/Octopus is one of the sculptures that spouts water on the kids in their play area.

This creature looks kind of scary to me and could pass for a mummy. Wonder if it may scare the daylights out of the little ones looking like that. Can it be one of those Dreamwork characters, maybe Shrek once all those bandages are removed?

Edited by Life is Good Cruising

I love how the finished two70 glass looks and as you can see there is already lights meaning the "celling is done".

About the gorilla looking thing, Lloyd, could you have done a photoshop and added it to the picture so we had a nice guessing game?

I love how the finished two70 glass looks and as you can see there is already lights meaning the "celling is done".

About the gorilla looking thing, Lloyd, could you have done a photoshop and added it to the picture so we had a nice guessing game?

No it's for real. I like the kids water park spouting ceature suggestion.

Hi,

We think it's the rock wall - I know part of it looks like an arm sticking out but if you imagine its the end of something and look at the position relative to the lifeboat spaces below and the deck plan, it seems to line up with the rock wall.

My husband works in construction and tells me that the blue glass 'trellis' is in fact glass with a plastic covering to protect it.

Ah well...........

Lesley & Mark

I don't recall seeing this rendering from the article in this link before, but its the closest to the real thing I have seen thus far. Right number of Life Boats on the Starboard side and the glass enclosure just before the second to last Life Boat. Not to mention the profile/look of the forward facing cabins amongst other things.

Sorry I am on my mobile and cannot attach the photo.

https://www.kfw-ipex-bank.de/International-financing/KfW-IPEX-Bank/Presse/News/Newsdetails_187456.html

I don't recall seeing this rendering from the article in this link before, but its the closest to the real thing I have seen thus far. Right number of Life Boats on the Starboard side and the glass enclosure just before the second to last Life Boat. Not to mention the profile/look of the forward facing cabins amongst other things.

Sorry I am on my mobile and cannot attach the photo.

https://www.kfw-ipex-bank.de/International-financing/KfW-IPEX-Bank/Presse/News/Newsdetails_187456.html

Interesting, haven't seen that one before. Not sure what to think. The quality looks far below Royal Caribbean's standard, but as you've pointed out this is the first to accurately depict things like the lifeboat layout and the glassed in area. We never did see the concept art attached to the original order and with this being a bank announcing they are doing the finance for Quantum 3, perhaps this is the official concept art that gets attached to the documents. The style of it is very similar to the one used when Project Genesis was ordered (though that quality may have been a result of the technology at the time).

Interesting, haven't seen that one before. Not sure what to think. The quality looks far below Royal Caribbean's standard, but as you've pointed out this is the first to accurately depict things like the lifeboat layout and the glassed in area. We never did see the concept art attached to the original order and with this being a bank announcing they are doing the finance for Quantum 3, perhaps this is the official concept art that gets attached to the documents. The style of it is very similar to the one used when Project Genesis was ordered (though that quality may have been a result of the technology at the time).

I did a double take when I saw the photo on that site. There were a few things that are very similar to the actual now in the building dock. Then the fact that the article talking about the financing of Quantum 3 was dated June 2, 2014 made me think that, that rendering must be the most current.

Something about the Solarium roof and the Spa/Fitness area look a little different on this rendering vs. the first set among other things.

No North Star on those photos

It's there, but in the docked position, something Royal Caribbean never shows in photos. That's the way 90% of the pictures of her will likely look though. They say it may run in some ports but I have my doubts about them getting clearance to do that so most photos will probably be taken while it's not running.

I know what you mean. One of my mottos is: You only live once, and if you do it right once is enough. 😀 Enjoy your cruise.

Denise

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Any word on the Anthem mega block float out? Wondering if they will only fill the part with Anthem in it first, flout it out, drain that basin, remove the divider, then fill the whole dock or just fill the whole dock from the get go and float one out after another?