Interesting -- Re: Oasis Dry Dock Changes

Cindy

Thanks, Emmy. Information that I have reported has come from lunch on Oasis last Wednesday, Meal With an Officer. He said we could ask him any question, so I asked what he could share about the upcoming changes during the dry dock. .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Carolyn in your opinion and in your time spent with this officer did you get the impression or did he indicate that the deck 11 balcony space would be one large suite ie Aquasuite or a few cabins ie JS or GS

Wow..just checking with my sister..she just received the email this morning... We're bumped to 12699 and 12701 B1. Not happy right now.....

Did they offer you any OBC at all? We book these aqua theater view cabins for a reason. They cannot pretend that it is no big deal to move us down the hall 15 cabins! I have Plan B lined up..a 14 day East/West. The itinerary is WAY better!

I feel this strongly and we are not booked until Feb 16 on Allure! Cannot imagine how those of you that are past final payment feel!

Lauri

Wow..just checking with my sister..she just received the email this morning... We're bumped to 12699 and 12701 B1. Not happy right now.....

I feel for you. I wouldn't be happy either

Edited by suekay

Carolyn in your opinion and in your time spent with this officer did you get the impression or did he indicate that the deck 11 balcony space would be one large suite ie Aquasuite or a few cabins ie JS or GS

I'm not sure if he really knew exactly what was going to happen. I doubt if they will be luxury suites. All he said was that they may or may not have balconies.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Did they offer you any OBC at all? We book these aqua theater view cabins for a reason. They cannot pretend that it is no big deal to move us down the hall 15 cabins! I have Plan B lined up..a 14 day East/West. The itinerary is WAY better!

I feel this strongly and we are not booked until Feb 16 on Allure! Cannot imagine how those of you that are past final payment feel!

Lauri

They did offer $100 per cabin for our troubles but it's not about the money for us. We booked these cabins for the great view of the ships wake, aqua theater and public balcony just outside the door. It's as if they waited until our final payment to drop the ball on us. Now they shove us deeper into boardwalk, above the carousel with a forward view of nothing but a wall of balconies.

Called my agent earlier today to vent our frustration regarding this whole fiasco especially when Royal would have known these rooms would be subject to major changes well before we booked. Will get back to us on Monday with hopefully better options.

Feel bad for my sister and her two boys especially. This was their first cruise experience and I really built up the amazing room they were going to have in one of the most sought after locations on the ship.

Hopefully things will be straightend out by Monday. Fingers crossed.....

I don't understand why RCI doesn't update their deck plans to show the post construction changes. When I went on their UK website they offered deck plans after June 6. 2015, but it appears nothing has changed. Concierge Lounge is exactly in the same place and other changes talked bout on CC do not appear.

Interesting about the Boardwalk cabins, we are on the Oasis on 11/29 in cabin 12727 and have recieved no notification of a cabin change from RCL or TA.

Looked at My Cruise account on RCL site, and it still shows us in cabin 12727 for now.

We booked this cruise to see all the changes to Oasis after drydock, should be interesting.

We are right beside you in 12729 and like you have heard nothing. Keep everyone posted please if you do. Will suck if we get moved, my boys were so looking forward to the view of the boardwalk and the aqua theater. Wife and I were looking forward to the secret balconies. Better make it worth our while, we booked this early to get this room.

I'm very excited to experience the changes on the TA back home. It seems weird that the updated plans posted on the UK site don't show pets at sea being closed.

Is pets at sea closed? Or was that something you were looking forward to? :D:):D

They did offer $100 per cabin for our troubles but it's not about the money for us. We booked these cabins for the great view of the ships wake, aqua theater and public balcony just outside the door. It's as if they waited until our final payment to drop the ball on us. Now they shove us deeper into boardwalk, above the carousel with a forward view of nothing but a wall of balconies.

Called my agent earlier today to vent our frustration regarding this whole fiasco especially when Royal would have known these rooms would be subject to major changes well before we booked. Will get back to us on Monday with hopefully better options.

Feel bad for my sister and her two boys especially. This was their first cruise experience and I really built up the amazing room they were going to have in one of the most sought after locations on the ship.

Hopefully things will be straightend out by Monday. Fingers crossed.....

I think you need to have your agent push for much better than that. Prices in some categories have really dropped. I just looked, and right now oceanview balconies are much less than the interior balconies. At the very least, I would have your agent get you in a "D" cabin.

I think you need to have your agent push for much better than that. Prices in some categories have really dropped. I just looked, and right now oceanview balconies are much less than the interior balconies. At the very least, I would have your agent get you in a "D" cabin.

Yes was just noticing the pricing on this cruise have come down again. The D6 D8 oceanview balconies are only showing 'guarantee' available. Will find out tomorrow but if they can make it worth my while I'm willing to pay that little bit extra for a junior suite. There's quite a few of those still left.

Yes was just noticing the pricing on this cruise have come down again. The D6 D8 oceanview balconies are only showing 'guarantee' available. Will find out tomorrow but if they can make it worth my while I'm willing to pay that little bit extra for a junior suite. There's quite a few of those still left.

There are bunches of Junior Suites, and plenty of other suites too! If you're willing to pay the difference to go to a JS I don't see where it would be a problem.

good luck and we really like the JS cabins.

I guess thinks worked themselves out in the end. My TA was able to keep our group together and found us two rooms side by side on the 10th level a few cabins back from Aqua Theater. Not right at the end but still a decent view. Throw in the $100/stateroom obc for our troubles and I can't really find reason to complain.

I guess thinks worked themselves out in the end. My TA was able to keep our group together and found us two rooms side by side on the 10th level a few cabins back from Aqua Theater. Not right at the end but still a decent view. Throw in the $100/stateroom obc for our troubles and I can't really find reason to complain.

Thanks for coming back and telling us the resolution to your situation. Deck 10 is a good Boardwalk Balcony deck. We've stayed both at the end and toward the end on either decks 10 and 11. You actually get a bit of a fuller perspective of the show not being at the very end. We enjoyed being in the Aqua Theater for one of the shows and then watching the show another evening from the balcony.

Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by denamo

Glad it worked out!

Good that things are working out and a little extra for the time you spent.

So.......................................

Anything new in the way of updates................................

or.......................................

Still waiting for official news........................................

Sea Ya

NorbertsNiece posted this as well as pictures of the hidden balconies being gutted and changed into suites. She just got off Oasis today.

Originally Posted by NorbertsNiece View Post

Today's Compasses attached.

'Cupcake Cupboard' being moved to the Boardwalk. Will be a designer clothes shop in its place... I forget the name....

Sabor 2.0 where Seafood Shack currently resides.

'Willow' is being replaced by 'Michael Kors'.

The 'Diamond Lounge' will eventually be something called 'Wonderland'. DL moving to Deck 4 as is Izumi on opposite sides.

Viking Crown will be going. 2 new Royal Lofts.

6 new Aqua suites coming.

Whole bunch of rooms across the price range being incorporated but may not necessarily be bookable until end November.....

This is not all happening during refit. It's not all been months in the planning.... some of it has only been weeks....

The Living Walls in CP are being..... decimated.... as I write.... we saw workmen carrying plants out through the adjoining 2 staterooms on deck 10.