Repeat at Cagney's Steakhouse or try Moderno Churrascaria on Epic?

Supertec

Hi all!

Will be onboard NCL Epic on August and would like to have your opinions about choosing between repeating at Cagney's Steakhouse (we had dinner last year while onboard NCL Spirit) or trying Moderno Churrascaria.

We enjoyed the prime rib at Carney's but maybe meat at Churrascaria is also tasty... those of you who have already test both, can give any recommendation? Thanks!

I use Moderno more for the salad bar they have rather than the meat. Meat is ok, all you want, but more buffet level meat I think. (They do also bring you a bunch of other type foods to have with the meat offerings.) Want a steak, go to Cagneys. Want to just try something different, Moderno

Moderno was excellent one year then just all right (still good) the next year. I do agree with ColinIllinois, try it. Have you tried Le Bistro? We like that one more than Cagney's or Moderno. If you're ever on Dawn, the Mexican one (unless you don't like Mexican) is really good!

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

http://thecheerfulcruiser.blogspot.com/2017/04/specialty-dining-on-norwegian-cagneys.html

http://thecheerfulcruiser.blogspot.com/2017/04/specialty-dining-on-norwegian-moderno.html

I reviewed both restaurants in the links above-including photos of the yummy food! I say give Moderno a try as it is a great experience! :)

We loved Moderno's when it first "opened" (not on Epic though)...esp. salad bar and just a different experience in dining....sorry to say...(like so many things) things changed and we did not like it nearly as much on our last visit.

But..as others have said...it is a change and if you are so inclined..worth a visit to see if it is to your liking..

PS--you will NOT leave hungry....;)

I love Brazilian, but found Moderno on the Epic to be a disappointment. The meat was salty and overcooked. The salad bar was so-so (not sure why people rave about it). That's my only experience with Moderno--never went back as I wouldn't want to repeat it! Cagney's would win for me hands-down. I would much rather have two meals at Cagney's vs. one at Cagney's and one at Moderno.

Cruising is all about working off that bucket list. And trying new and different things (when it is relatively inexpensive). Try the Moderno Brazilian BBQ. Steakhouses are on every corner in major cities, so try something different.

We were on the Epic last month and enjoyed our meal at Moderno more than Cagneys. We had far better service and enjoyed the sides more.

Other passengers told us the steak was best at Le Bistro.

I love Brazilian, but found Moderno on the Epic to be a disappointment. The meat was salty and overcooked. The salad bar was so-so (not sure why people rave about it). That's my only experience with Moderno--never went back as I wouldn't want to repeat it! Cagney's would win for me hands-down. I would much rather have two meals at Cagney's vs. one at Cagney's and one at Moderno.

THIS!!!!!

We felt we wasted a night (UDP) at Moderno on Epic.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

Was not happy with Cagney's at all.:(

My recent Cagney's med rare filet came out more like well done. Not even a spot of pink.

Drinks never got refilled.

Geting ready to leave I point out the meat to my server who then ask me to wait for his manager, waited and waited,AS I got to door, the boss showed up to offer us a free meal if we returned.

We declined and had a perfect filet the next night in La Cucina.

Count me in with the group that thinks if you haven't tried it yet, then go for Moderno's. I like both of them, but you should try it out for yourself. Experience something different and you may find you want to go back to that next time instead.

I have been to Cagney's at least 4 times, Moderno 3 times and Le Bistro once. If you like the word "rare" in your description of meat, do NOT go to Moderno ! If "well" is in your description, absolutely go to Moderno. I love Cagney's, and Moderno. The best steak I had on board was at Le Bistro, but I did not like the sides....

I have been to Cagney's at least 4 times, Moderno 3 times and Le Bistro once. If you like the word "rare" in your description of meat, do NOT go to Moderno ! If "well" is in your description, absolutely go to Moderno. I love Cagney's, and Moderno. The best steak I had on board was at Le Bistro, but I did not like the sides....

I like my steaks medium-well and found Moderno's meat overcooked. :rolleyes: