Is room over a nightclub going to be bad?

moongal

I just realized after looking at the deck plans that we are all booked right over a night club. (Deck 6 - Liberty)

Is this going to be horrible? Do the nightclubs stay open all night or do they close at 2 am like on land? Has anyone ever stayed in a room over a nightclub and NOT had noise issues?

It's too late to change our rooms and it would involve moving the entire family (3 different cabins and bookings) so we are going to stay put, I just wanted to be prepared as to what to expect. I always have a travel fan, but if it is going to be really bad I will bring a white noise machine as well.

Thanks

Not a room I would have selected which is why I always book on a deck with rooms above and below me. The nightclubs do stay open late. Don't quote my times since I am not looking at a Funtimes but believe they close around 3:00 AM.

I just realized after looking at the deck plans that we are all booked right over a night club. (Deck 6 - Liberty)

Is this going to be horrible? Do the nightclubs stay open all night or do they close at 2 am like on land? Has anyone ever stayed in a room over a nightclub and NOT had noise issues?

It's too late to change our rooms and it would involve moving the entire family (3 different cabins and bookings) so we are going to stay put, I just wanted to be prepared as to what to expect. I always have a travel fan, but if it is going to be really bad I will bring a white noise machine as well.

Thanks

You will hear muffled sounds - depends on you if you will be bothered. Early to bed, light sleepers and those with good hearing will fair worse than those who stay up late, are heavy sleepers, or don't have good hearing.

Usually ends after 1 AM or so.

The nightclub on the Pride is on decks one and two. We were on deck FOUR and towards the far edge of the nightclub. We could hear it clearly every night until about 2:00 - 2:15 am. Not loud, but clearly.

We had a white noise machine also. It didn't cover the thumping, vibrating bass.

Sorry.

Edited by John Reid

Take earplugs! We were over a nightclub on the Glory and it was awful . We could hear and feel the bass .Finally on the last night it was so bad we had to call guest services and have them turn it down.

I agree! We had the same experience on a different ship. It was very loud until at least 2 AM. Yes, we used earplugs. Could still hear & feel it.

white noise machine....last cruise, I was booked right below the galley, heard people mentioning that on a few nights it was loud and woke them up.....all I heard was the SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH of the white noise machine, and slept like a baby....they are awesome

Edited by First and Ten

Yep.

On our honeymoon cruise we were right above the lounge where they did karaoke... one night, we were tired and wanted to turn in early (maybe around 11 or so?) and could hear every word being sung.

Edited by RiotAct

Yay!! Should be fun times!! Lol NOT!! Oh well live and learn!!! Guess I won't make that same mistake next time I book a cruise and hopefully it won't be too terrible. We are somewhat of a night owl type family except for maybe the night before going into port we might go to bed earlier those nights, but hopefully we won't have to endure too many hours of thumping. Will definitely bring fan AND noise machine.

Yay!! Should be fun times!! Lol NOT!! Oh well live and learn!!! Guess I won't make that same mistake next time I book a cruise and hopefully it won't be too terrible. We are somewhat of a night owl type family except for maybe the night before going into port we might go to bed earlier those nights, but hopefully we won't have to endure too many hours of thumping. Will definitely bring fan AND noise machine.

We were over the nightclub on the Conquest (same layout) and it honestly wasn't as horrible as I thought it would be. I ended up getting a balcony guarantee that scored me a lot of OBC and luckily we were assigned a room about 3 weeks out so I had time to research and prepare. I brought a travel fan (one of the 10" O2 ones from Walmart, about $20) and earplugs and they did the trick. We could still feel the bass vibrations and hear muffled music until about 1:00am, but the fan and ear plugs did good at tuning it out enough for me to fall asleep (I'm a light sleeper). They didn't mask everything but it was good enough. I usually can't sleep with anything but a fan and pure darkness, and I managed haha.

Hey, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em! Go down and party!

I take ear plugs because of DH's snoring. We were right above a club on our last cruise and I there was some muffled bass but I really didn't hear much of anything with my earplugs in. Take ear plugs if you think you will have issues.

I've never stayed in a cabin above or below a club but I would think the bass would be enough for me to go crazy...not just the sound but the vibration!

We like cabins sandwiched between passenger decks.

Thanks

Not a very good idea.

I was also in a cabin right above the karaoke on the Conquest. The noise went on till 2:00 - 3:00 AM and it was awful. It sounded like it was right in my room. It was my first cruise and I didn't yet know about making sure I had cabins above and below me. If there is any possible way to change your cabins, I would recommend doing it. Otherwise, white noise, fan and ear plugs.