Kids on the Club Dance Floor

Just got back from the Allure. Danced six of seven nights at Boleros Latin Club with live music. One of the reasons we chose the Allure because my husband and I are salseros. Just venting a little about parents who bring their young children and turn them loose on the dance floor. It is not a family wedding reception where everyone finds that cute. I see a babysitting service is available if you want to go out at night. I was glad to see a bartender told parents their six year old could not sit on a barstool at the bar.

Edited by bubbasqueen

Just got back from the Allure. Danced six of seven nights at Boleros Latin Club with live music. One of the reasons we chose the Allure because my husband and I are salseros. Just venting a little about parents who bring their young children and turn them loose on the dance floor. It is not a family wedding reception where everyone finds that cute. I see a babysitting service is available if you want to go out at night. I was glad to see a bartender told parents their six year old could not sit on a barstool at the bar.

I agree with you. When adults are trying to dance but have to keep watching for children that they could trip over and hurt it certainly takes away from the enjoyment.

I am not against children being around but to turn them loose on the dance floor for other to constantly dodge is not cute or safe. It is rude!

We saw this same thing on the the Carnival Dream and then the parents got mad when their little darling got tangled up and fell......:rolleyes:

Edited by GTO-Girl

If the place is open to kids up to a certain hour, then you should expect kids to be there up to a certain hour.

If a place has a dance floor, you should expect any and all people there to want to be on the dance floor.

If it's not working for you to properly dance when the kids are there, um, go when the kids aren't there.

(...haven't been on Allure, only dance place DS has been to was The Crypt on Freedom during a Family Dance Party few hours.)

If the place is open to kids up to a certain hour, then you should expect kids to be there up to a certain hour.

If a place has a dance floor, you should expect any and all people there to want to be on the dance floor.

If it's not working for you to properly dance when the kids are there, um, go when the kids aren't there.

(...haven't been on Allure, only dance place DS has been to was The Crypt on Freedom during a Family Dance Party few hours.)

Yep. And if kids are not allowed then staff should be removing them from the area.

Yeah and if you don't like the shorts on formal night, go elsewhere, right. Mol?[emoji480][emoji480]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have three kids and totally agree with the OP. They are 10, 10, and 12 now, so they are at the point where they would not want to be in bolero's with us (LOL), but even when they were younger I would never let them go out on a dance floor where adults were dancing. There are plenty of kid friendly activities for them without getting underfoot.

I have never had so much fun as when on the Allure we went to Boleros.

The first time we went too late to get a good spot.

It was so much fun just watching the people dance and on my part attempt to dance (not pretty).

We had to get there early towards the end of the cruise to get a good seat.

Yea there were some kids there, but, after a couple drinks (and feeling no pain), I didnt notice them.

Enjoy your cruise.

I agree with you OP. I typically dance in the regular dance club, so it isn't an issue because those under 18 aren't allowed in... but even if RCI wants to allow children in to Boleros, there should be some sort of reminder, formal or informal, to not let small children loose on the dance floor because it's a safety issue. If they do that there's no need to exclude children from the venue all together.

Sometimes we forget the cruise ship is designed for families and so kids will be around. Parents should still be responsible for making sure they are not too annoying but they still can be around. It's everyones space

Agreed, the ship is for families, but not everything on the ship is appropriate. The biggest point is that parents should be responsible for their children, but a lot of times they are not, that is the problem.

Sometimes we forget the cruise ship is designed for families and so kids will be around. Parents should still be responsible for making sure they are not too annoying but they still can be around. It's everyones space

It's not everyone's space. The cruise line sets boundaries as to where kids can go for the safety and enjoyment of all guests. For example, children are not welcome in venues designated as 18+ at night, or in the adults only solarium (adults with an asterisk because the age limit allows older teenagers).

With that said, I agree with you 100% that parents are ultimately responsible for supervising their children. I will add that if parents do a decent job, the cruise line can keep more venues available to the entire family. However, if unsupervised children prove disruptive in, say, Boleros, a bar that is a major driver of alcohol revenue for the cruise line in the evening, and that interferes with adults enjoying the venue and spending money on alcohol, you can expect that the venue will become 18+ (at least) later in the evening.