Not to be missed MDR entrees

CCC3

The last two cruises I had some not too appealing entrees from the MDR. Understanding that food is subjective, what are those entrees that I should be ordering? (Mojo pork chop and lasagna are positively disgusting...IMO). Help me out, we cruise again in January.

Lobster, prime rib, short ribs, sea bass, filet mignon, mushroom soup, crab cakes, scallops......Anything that is too expensive to make at home. (scallops are $20lb.) Things like lasagna and pork chops, chicken, pasta... I make at home.

Edited to say: Wow, the Rosemary lamb sounds great. I will definitely try it on our next cruise.

Edited by champagne123
jjjjj

Lobster, prime rib, short ribs, sea bass, filet mignon, mushroom soup, crab cakes, scallops......Anything that is too expensive to make at home. (scallops are $20lb.) Things like lasagna and pork chops, chicken, pasta... I make at home.

Edited to say: Wow, the Rosemary lamb sounds great. I will definitely try it on our next cruise.

I would have definitely included Prime Rib too but my last two Prime Rib experiences on Royal were awful :( A piece of tough, gray meat that didnt really taste like Prime Rib at all.

I like the duck dish pretty good but I dont really consider it a not to miss. The filet of beef is also good to me too.

Edited by ryano

I am more partial to the soups and appetizers than most of the main entrees.

Prime rib is usually pretty good, but have had a so-so serving a time or two. On lobster night DW and I usually order a single prime rib to share (along with our lobster) to make it Surf and Turf night. My wife loves the lamb as well, but I'm just not a fan of lamb in general, so I pass on that.

Escargo is one of my favorites, with a good side of bread.

I have always been happy with the beef selections as well as the lamb and duck. If you like seafood, the everynight salmon is good. But as food is subjective it is hard to recommend anything to someone else. Even 2 people at the same table can have different opinions. We were on the Explorer and 3 of us ordered the chicken marsala. I thought it was very good but the other 2 ladies sent it back and ordered something else.

Edited by luvscruising2007

I enjoyed several pasta entrées last cruise but I don't recall what they were (stuffed shells, maybe... canelloni?...) Anyway, delish. I don't eat lamb or duck, so can't recommend them, but I mean order what you want, order 2 different items! Enjoy your dinners in the dining room. If you don't care for something, ask for something else.

Your "don't miss" may be my "don't eat", as I said before. :D hehe

I hate to disappoint everyone but they took duck off the menu. I can honestly say that it was my favorite entree without a doubt so I was upset on my cruise 2 weeks ago that they replaced it was another chicken dish. I voiced my displeasure and they ended up giving me the filet that usually cost extra free of charge. Didn't matter...I missed my duck.

Sigh...maybe I'm easily amused or perhaps I just have pedestrian taste buds, but I really like the shrimp ravioli, which usually seems to be offered as an entree on night 2. I think it's quite tasty, and the portion size is pretty dainty. This makes me feel virtuous after having consumed a couple of savory bites and 2 starters. And then there's room for dessert...

Judy

I hate to disappoint everyone but they took duck off the menu. I can honestly say that it was my favorite entree without a doubt so I was upset on my cruise 2 weeks ago that they replaced it was another chicken dish. I voiced my displeasure and they ended up giving me the filet that usually cost extra free of charge. Didn't matter...I missed my duck.

Oh, say it isn't so! Cruising is the only time eat duck. I guess I'll have to find another entree.