Honestly, how do you long-time RC cruisers feel about Dynamic Dining?

I'm looking forward to it. I like the concept provided that it's well executed.

My DW, on the other hand, is an MDR fan and wasn't happy when we found out we'll have DD on our Oasis cruise next year.

We like having the same table mates nightly...so this doesn't thrill me. I understand that a lot of cruisers totally freak out over having table mates...tho' I've never understood why, since it's fun! I guess the dining room staff gets tired of folks requesting a table for 2, when the dining room wasn't really set up that way....

I'm looking forward to it. I like the concept provided that it's well executed.

My DW, on the other hand, is an MDR fan and wasn't happy when we found out we'll have DD on our Oasis cruise next year.

Not a fan of the dynamic dining concept--one of my favorite things about cruising is not having to "decide" and plan when and where to eat.

I had not heard that Oasis was moving to DD next year though--when does this take place????

We love MDR, have never felt the need to try speciality restaurants and like knowing that shows will be scheduled round main dining times so no risk of missing them. Booked Explorer for our ruby wedding next June instead of Anthem as we were assured MDR was NOT being replaced by DD during dry dock. Hope this was not incorrect info. A little concerned as for months the website shows info for dining "coming soon" with no detail about possible changes.

I tend to agree with Bob and CB at Sea. I enjoy having the same waiters and meeting new people and dining with them nightly. I also think Bob's point about timing dinner with the shows is a valid one. I tried My Time dining once when cruising with a friend and found that we still dined at about the same time as traditional late seating in order to see the shows.

I think Dynamic Dining may present problems with getting reservations at one's preferred times, and foresee some real issues early on until they are ironed out. I guess bottom line, I'm an old fart and don't adapt to change well.;)

We are so looking forward to our b2b on Quantum to experience Dynamic Dining. We are getting a little tired of the current menus from appetizers to desserts.

We've been doing MTD since it was introduced and have enjoyed our table for 2 and the ability to be done with dinner in an hour or less.

Will we like DD, can't really say until we've tried it, but we do love the concept and are looking forward to trying something different. We also appreciate the fact that Casual to Smart Casual will be the accepted dress of the evening in all restaurants but the Grande and even that has a very relaxed formal description.

Edited by cruisenfever

First off we are D+ with C&A currently doing about 4 cruises per year

We have 4 booked at this time 2, seven day a nine day and a twelve day.

Now my 2 cents worth

We will not sail on any ship that only offers DD only if they want our money they can offer traditional dinning or at least my time dinning!

Yes this includes the existing booking that I will not hesitate to cancel and rebook on a different line!

Edited by Peterbilt Driver

First cruise on RCI coming up in Oct.

Having sailed Carnival I do like the set MDR times .

I like to eat early so maybe that wouldn't be a problem on RCI .

Only one time have we have not cruised with another couple or twoso we had a 4/6 table. and the one time DW and I cruised by ourselves we were seated with 4 sisters who were scattered about the U S so it was a little different for us as they tried to catch up on each other's life's .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not a fan of the dynamic dining concept--one of my favorite things about cruising is not having to "decide" and plan when and where to eat.

I had not heard that Oasis was moving to DD next year though--when does this take place????

I agree that's why I don't do land vacations anymore.

I would say I'm looking forward to it, but I usually book Radiance class, so I'm not sure if or when I'll get to try it. I welcome the change, I was getting bored with same time, same dining room, same people. But I am not interested in Quantum and been there/done that on Oasis and Allure and probably won't be back, so .. Not even sure if I'll book Explorer any time soon, but dynamic dining wouldn't be an issue if it had an itinerary I liked. Let's face it, it's just dinner and it isn't that amazing to begin with..

I'm curious. How do the loyal RC cruisers, Diamond and above, feel about the possible change over to fleet-wide Dynamic Dining?

Do you welcome the change, or is it a little upsetting to you, too?

As long as it's handled smoothly, and I don't have to wait long for a table, it doesn't really matter. It would be nice if they had more (included) venues to chose from.

The 2 seating standard is a relic from the past, and was due to the limitations of the ships and systems at that time. It's not really necessary as technology has improved. There's no need to keep something inflexible simply due to "tradition". If they can offer flexibility to the satisfaction of the customers, then why not? Those that still want to eat at the same time every night can continue to do so, and if they want to sit with the same travelers, they can still do that too, so there doesn't seem to be any downside, as long as they keep delays to a minimum.

Edited by ehfl

Okay....what is dynamic dining? I guess I didn't get the email....:rolleyes:

Thanks.....Joyce :D

This will explain it. Per Adam Goldstein's webcast this past sprig, it is being introduced and trialed on Quantum class ships first with no specified plans - at least at that time - to roll it out fleet wide. But rumors abound.

1396036808_v1Culinary-Press-Release-FINAL-32414 (1).pdf

Edited by leaveitallbehind

I'm curious. How do the loyal RC cruisers, Diamond and above, feel about the possible change over to fleet-wide Dynamic Dining?

Do you welcome the change, or is it a little upsetting to you, too?

I look forward to experiencing the Dynamic Dining. I will save my opinion after my experience on the Quantum.

I will miss the traditional option. I always enjoy meeting new people when I travel solo, and recounting our daily activites, etc. And I really like the interaction with a good waiter. But this is clearly the trend in cruising, so we have to adapt.

The art of conversation is being eroded.

I will miss the traditional option. I always enjoy meeting new people when I travel solo, and recounting our daily activites, etc. And I really like the interaction with a good waiter. But this is clearly the trend in cruising, so we have to adapt.

The art of conversation is being eroded.

I agree with you. On short cruises (3 and 4 day) we don't mind doing MTD, but on a regular 7 day or longer, I do enjoy the continuity of dining with the same folks every night to share stories and have lively conversations. We have sailed several times with NCL and it is fine for something different, but we miss the friendships we have gained with regular dining. Many times we have requested to sit with other folks, but we end up at a table for two. (Not that we don't enjoy each other's company, but it keeps things more lively when you can chat with other folks.) I, for one, would be disappointed if RCI went with DD fleet wide.

To start with I was against it but then I've had time to think about it more and have booked the restaurants already for our cruise next July on Anthem and I think it will be better. I think dining in the MDR each night gets a little boring, although you can go to the other restaurants and pay extra if you wish. Dynamic Dining appears to give you more choice and on Anthem we are dining at 6 different restaurants, some twice, over our 2 weeks and am looking forward to that change.