All things Liberty of the seas

collinH45

As promised, here is the machine![ATTACH]337637[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

RCL newbie here, could you please explain the machine? I've been hearing a lot about it. :confused:

So excited to hear they have the coke freestyle machines on Liberty! Yay. Can anyone let us know where they are located? How many machines are on the ship? My teen boys will be very happy. Can't wait for our June 4th cruise😀

Loralie

Wow! I have never seen people so excited over a soda machine!

How is the chair/lounger situation being handled with this crew? We're on the 1/31 sailing and recently read one review that said on sea days chairs were completely full all around the ship. Yet another review from the same sailing said they monitored the chair hogs closely and moved their belongings frequently.

Looking forward to Liberty of the Seas out of Ft. Lauderdale March 9-14 celebrating my 60th Birthday, this will be our 1st time on a Royal Caribbean ship. Sailed most of the other lines.

It's a great way to meet other people who will be on your sailing before you actually go. Perhaps plan a meet & greet. Entirely voluntary but if you're looking to meet some people a good opportunity.

Wow! I have never seen people so excited over a soda machine!

How is the chair/lounger situation being handled with this crew? We're on the 1/31 sailing and recently read one review that said on sea days chairs were completely full all around the ship. Yet another review from the same sailing said they monitored the chair hogs closely and moved their belongings frequently.

At sea days, chairs were definitely full. I didn't see any crew monitoring chairs, but I didn't stay in one spot for very long either. When we wanted to relax, we usually just got into the solarium pool, which there were only a few other guests in there with us who we chatted with.

Looking forward to Liberty of the Seas out of Ft. Lauderdale March 9-14 celebrating my 60th Birthday, this will be our 1st time on a Royal Caribbean ship. Sailed most of the other lines.

I'm also on this cruise. Visit our Roll Call for some good information about activities and excursions in Ochos Rios.

Just off the last two Liberty 5N cruises:

deck chairs - about the same as any other warm weather cruise- tough but not impossible to get chairs. My new attitude is that a towel alone does not save a chair! - just take it off. Why can't people get the concept of removing their towels - RC should have signs to this affect,

dining - no prime rib night one, only on night 5 with the lobster, Escargot only on night one.

Diamond lounge - not good, snacks not replenished, hard to get drinks. Drinks loaded on Seapass a much better option.

Production shows - Sat night fever good, not great. Up in the Air - stunning, don't miss!

Just off the last two Liberty 5N cruises:

deck chairs - about the same as any other warm weather cruise- tough but not impossible to get chairs. My new attitude is that a towel alone does not save a chair! - just take it off. Why can't people get the concept of removing their towels - RC should have signs to this affect,

dining - no prime rib night one, only on night 5 with the lobster, Escargot only on night one.

Diamond lounge - not good, snacks not replenished, hard to get drinks. Drinks loaded on Seapass a much better option.

Production shows - Sat night fever good, not great. Up in the Air - stunning, don't miss!

Sorry to hear that the DL was not good. Reports had been that Jorge was doing a great job in there.

Anyone have recent cruise compasses for the Liberty that they would be willing to post? Doing the five nighter to Labadee and Jamaica in 5 days! :D

I wil be sailing with you! I came across the compasses for our itinerary posted on this site a few days ago and I just came back to look for them again, I just can't remember which thread it was.... I'll try to dig them up and then post a link for you if/when I find them.

SO EXCITED!

I wil be sailing with you! I came across the compasses for our itinerary posted on this site a few days ago and I just came back to look for them again, I just can't remember which thread it was.... I'll try to dig them up and then post a link for you if/when I find them.

SO EXCITED!

Will this link work? The compasses are in this thread, starting with post #14. I just printed them out so I can read them on my flight to FLL tomorrow.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2142573&highlight=liberty

Edited by michtrif

This will be my second time in a GS and after being on the Allure I am aware that the experience will be different on the Liberty. Can anyone comment on the Concierge Lounge besides the fact it's very small and without any windows (staff, happy hour, continental breakfast foods, etc.)? Also, is there a quiet area for sunbathing? I don't know if the Solarium is quiet or do you hear bands/DJ? What is this St. Tropez Deck?

Edited by sauvichick

This will be my second time in a GS and after being on the Allure I am aware that the experience will be different on the Liberty. Can anyone comment on the Concierge Lounge besides the fact it's very small and without any windows (staff, happy hour, continental breakfast foods, etc.)? Also, is there a quiet area for sunbathing? I don't know if the Solarium is quiet or do you hear bands/DJ? What is this St. Tropez Deck?

The CL offers continental breakfast for a couple of hours each morning. Happy hour will usually be 5pm to 8:30pm. I was not able to hear the music from the main pool when in the Solarium.

We're on this sailing as well. Haven't done RC in several years and first time on Liberty.

We took a Promenade Cabin and the flex dining...whatever they call it.

I guess I should check out this "Flowrider" thing...don't know what that is.

And where is the helipad...that sounds cool.

Hi

This is my first post. We sail on the Liberty in 12 days!!!! SO EXCITED :))

My question is what night will be formal night, and is it always the same? Ours will be a five day cruise to Cozumel and Belize. Would also love to see the compass.

Thanks so much.

We're on this sailing as well. Haven't done RC in several years and first time on Liberty.

We took a Promenade Cabin and the flex dining...whatever they call it.

I guess I should check out this "Flowrider" thing...don't know what that is.

And where is the helipad...that sounds cool.

For the helipad, go to deck 4 outside promenade and walk forward, go up the stairs and you will be at the helipad.

Flowrider

image.jpg1_zpszpi5yd6x.jpg

Liberty of the Seas should be based in Galveston from May, 2016. She is scheduled in Grand Cayman well into 2018.

The port schedule in Grand Cayman appears to indicate the Liberty will be re-positioned from Cape Liberty in May of 2016 and take Navigator's place.

This is only based on this port schedule, but tends to indicate that Liberty makes this move.

I'm not exactly sure when Liberty begins to sail out of Galveston. But we're booked on a cruise in Feb 2016 to the Western Carribean.

Edited by Goodtime Cruizin