Robes to and from Pool

What's the consensus of wearing the RCCL robes to and from the pool area?

Personally I don't see why some get upset. It's a nice cover for swim wear. JMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Think the etiquette deems that Robes are for wearing in one's stateroom or the spa (private spaces).

Unless you are the type of person who goes to the local stores wearing a stateroom robe and slippers.

Personally I don't see why some get upset. It's a nice cover for swim wear. JMHO

I agree completely and this is the main reason I wear them. This is especially true on formal night when we might be returning from a late night hot tub visit and get in the elevator. We wouldn't be bumping people still dressed formally with our wet clothes. Some people get really bent out of shape about seeing people in these robes. I've never worn them to the Windjammer, or Starbucks. Just to and from the pool/hottub.

Ok, I'll admit the topic seemed too odd and some people's objections were so insistent it became a topic on our roll call and I did wear my robe to the Meet and Mingle as a joke, which I assure you everyone got it and I think laughed.

meetming2.jpg

Edited by BillOh

I would be OK with robes being worn to/from the pool but NOT into any dining facility......seen open robes partially covering huge, hairy chests on the buffet line....Gross!!!

Sent from my NX008HD8G using Forums mobile app

Point taken, though I have no objection to women with tiny bikini's putting on shoes and a robe to just get a drink refill at the Freestyle machines when they are located in the WJ.

I would be OK with robes being worn to/from the pool but NOT into any dining facility......seen open robes partially covering huge, hairy chests on the buffet line....Gross!!!

Sent from my NX008HD8G using Forums mobile app

I always wonder what people are thinking when they wear a bathrobe to the buffet.

I don't recall anyone here saying they'd be "upset" about it. But, I wouldn't have any interest in wandering about the public areas of the ship in a robe......:rolleyes:

We were on that cruise in January, they do a beautiful pool deck party that they had local dancers come on to do a show for us, the officers serve food and what not, I am not kidding that I saw more white robes up there for that event. There were at least 50% of people wearing them, dancing and eating and what not. It was awful!!

I see nothing wrong with wearing them to and from the pool...

Think the etiquette deems that Robes are for wearing in one's stateroom or the spa (private spaces).

Unless you are the type of person who goes to the local stores wearing a stateroom robe and slippers.

None of my local stores have swimming pools.

I have only once taken the robe with me to the hot tub--in Alaska, when it was very cold out. I wanted a nice soak in the hot tub looking at snow capped mountains..which is what I did. But I didn't have any "cover up" that would keep me warm getting out of the hot tub. I didn't want to put on a sweatshirt and pants over a wet suit. I used the robe and as quickly and efficiently as possible, made my way back to our cabin to shower and change into appropriate attire. I hope I didn't offend anyone :roll eyes:

I have no problem with anyone wearing a robe to and from the pool/hot tub. I do give a little chuckle when I see someone wear one in the morning (well, anytime of day) into the WJ or walking down the promenade. To each their own, I guess. It doesn't diminish my cruise experience.

When we were on the Explorer in March, we had to clear customs in Port Canaveral as we had been to Nassau first (before heading back to NJ). Anyway, we saw quite a few passengers in their jammies and robes meeting with the custom officers!!!

I don't see anything wrong with it. You get on the elevator and go straight to your stateroom and not wondering around the ship. it's better than the people who leave the pool with just a towel wrapped around them. RCI do sell terry cloth wrap a rounds for both men and women to go to and from the pool which reveals more than a full robe!

Let's see when the robe comes off at the pool we'll see alot more skin other than is covered by the swimsuit. So it sounds like most objections have to do with people feeling a robe is tacky for the pool. Wow tacky does equal touchy!!:rolleyes:

I was saving my robe for exactly that to walk around the ship at mid-night at late hours when i couldn't sleep...I better rethink that before the tacky police arrest me!!

We had robes in our room the first time we cruised on Oasis...i tried it on and found it so heavy, I never wore it again!

I can't imagine wearing a thick heavy robe to the pool on a hot humid day....

Were you in a suite? They must be better robes! (See my picture a few post back, this is the standard robe that I've seen given the C&A members. I only use mine coming back from the pool or hot tub at night.

We were on that cruise in January, they do a beautiful pool deck party that they had local dancers come on to do a show for us, the officers serve food and what not, I am not kidding that I saw more white robes up there for that event. There were at least 50% of people wearing them, dancing and eating and what not. It was awful!!

I see nothing wrong with wearing them to and from the pool...

This wasn't for the white party was it? I have seen people do it for that but other than people wearing them for that at midnight I haven't seen anyone in public spaces wearing them. I personally wouldn't do it but if someone feels the need leaving the pool than knock yourself out.

I have only once taken the robe with me to the hot tub--in Alaska, when it was very cold out. I wanted a nice soak in the hot tub looking at snow capped mountains..which is what I did. But I didn't have any "cover up" that would keep me warm getting out of the hot tub. I didn't want to put on a sweatshirt and pants over a wet suit. I used the robe and as quickly and efficiently as possible, made my way back to our cabin to shower and change into appropriate attire. I hope I didn't offend anyone :roll eyes:

I have no problem with anyone wearing a robe to and from the pool/hot tub. I do give a little chuckle when I see someone wear one in the morning (well, anytime of day) into the WJ or walking down the promenade. To each their own, I guess. It doesn't diminish my cruise experience.

Personally, your idea for finding some time to enjoy sitting in the hot tub and looking at the snow capped mountains and using the robes sounds just fine for me. We have often said we would like to sit in the hot tub late at night but never think to bring our robes with us -- so we don't enjoy the hot tub.

I may do this on our next cruise....if someone doesn't like it -- that is there problem, not mine. I would never go to breakfast in my PJs and robe, but to soak in the hot tub late at night....sounds good to me.

I do think some people in general should rethink their swimwear and coverups, anyway. As a matter of fact, some people should buy swimwear that fits, instead of wearing the swimwear that they had when they were 20 pounds lighter, but again, that is another issue -- no coverup can help that vision.