Orlando to Port Canaveral?

As klfrodo stated there's many options and it really all depends on your budget and who's traveling.

Renting a car- unless your planning on paying for the day or if you have zip car member, renting a car can be useless.

Taxi- this a great option. There are plenty at the airport and can cost you about $20. Also if your a first time user of Uber or Lyft they give a discount and can be cheaper.

Limo Service- simple 2 C's comfort and cash. On a side note I've never done limo to port.

Ship shuttle- royal Caribbean does do offer a shuttle service where they'll take you from airport to port and best of all they take your bags and you can head on into security and start the process of boarding. They do charge per person around $18. They also wait until they fill up the shuttle to take you to port so sometimes you might be waiting for bit. Also the $18 is only one way.

Which ever way you choose just remember that you'll need a way back from port to airport or any other destination you may have planned.

Have fun cruising [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As klfrodo stated there's many options and it really all depends on your budget and who's traveling.

Renting a car- unless your planning on paying for the day or if you have zip car member, renting a car can be useless.

Taxi- this a great option. There are plenty at the airport and can cost you about $20. Also if your a first time user of Uber or Lyft they give a discount and can be cheaper.

Limo Service- simple 2 C's comfort and cash. On a side note I've never done limo to port.

Ship shuttle- royal Caribbean does do offer a shuttle service where they'll take you from airport to port and best of all they take your bags and you can head on into security and start the process of boarding. They do charge per person around $18. They also wait until they fill up the shuttle to take you to port so sometimes you might be waiting for bit. Also the $18 is only one way.

Which ever way you choose just remember that you'll need a way back from port to airport or any other destination you may have planned.

Taxi is 20$. That seems awfully cheap???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All of these costs seem to be for Port Everglades, not Port Canaveral.

Taxi would be a minimum of $100. Cruise line transfers are at least double what you state last time I looked at them, which was several years ago.

OP asked about Port Canaveral, I believe you may be discussing Port Everglades.

A taxi would be waaaay more than $20.00 and is impractical, if they would even drive to the coast.

A one way car rental is a great option, if they have some free time to shop, sightsee, etc.

We often picked up a rental car at MCO the day before the cruise, and then returned it to AVIS, or Budget in Cape Canaveral on cruise day. Both have shuttles to take you to the port. The evening before the cruise we were able to drive to the Cocoa Beach Pier, check out area restaurants, stop by to see friends, and pick up water and snacks at a grocery store. It worked for us.

We flew into Orlando the day before we cruised out of Port Canaveral. WE rented a car for a day and spent the night at Disney before driving over. Able to stop for wine, etc. The rental company shuttled us to the port.

For the trip home we used the RC shuttle to the airport. I think it was $37.50 per person in 2014.

We spent the night at the Hampton by the Orlando airport a few years ago, and I believe we used Cortrans the next morning. No issues with the service. They picked us up right at the hotel and brought us to the port. After the cruise they arrived and brought us to the airport. $40 each round trip

Not sure on the transfer price, but a one way car rental is usually cheap and a very easy drive. One hour straight east from the airport on 528. Two tolls, and drop off available for most major agencies in Cape Canaveral with free port shuttle after drop off. Same thing for reverse transfer, they have shuttles at the port to their offices when disembarking.

We don't find renting a car for the day is useless and is usually a lot less than a taxi. $20? You might be talking about Port Everglades.

Port Canaveral is a LOT more than that.:eek:

Bill

We are from the UK and are Disney Vacation Club members. We rented a car from a venue at Disney, drove to Port Canaveral, dropped off the car and the car rental shuttle dropped us off at the ship. I think the cost was $25 for a small car. The most difficult part was trying to find the car rental drop off place.

We would definitely do it again.

We use Cortran's Shuttle service. $20 per person each way.

Tried one way rental last month and will NEVER do that again. Took over an hour to get car at airport and almost 2 hours to return car in Port C. Upon returning car you have to stand in the same line with people picking up cars. NEVER again.

Tried one way rental last month and will NEVER do that again. Took over an hour to get car at airport and almost 2 hours to return car in Port C. Upon returning car you have to stand in the same line with people picking up cars. NEVER again.

We rent a car everytime we fly into Orlando to have a car to spend the day in the day before our cruise. We have never have that problem when picking up of dropping off in Port Canaveral.

Don't rent a taxi or RC shuttle unless you want to pay$$$$$

Do an internet search on Orlando cruise transfers.

There are plenty of private companies with shuttle busses & vans.

I have not done it in a few years but it was around $15 per person...

Since I always fly in at least a day in advance, I rent a car at MCO and return it near the port on the morning of the cruise.

I have a bit of advice at Port Canaveral. When you arrive at Port Canaveral, drop the rest of your party off at the port, including your luggage and then take either nothing or your carry-on with you in the car. That way when you get to the car rental location, you just have to take out a single small bag and do not have to get your luggage on the shuttle bus, nor carry it off.

Then when you arrive at Port Canaveral, you merely get out of the shuttle and re-join your party.

We just reserved a shuttle from the port back to the airport with Cortran's when we return on 11/4. Have you used them before?? They seemed the most reasonable for what we were looking for.