Luggage tags (not)

daka

We are packed and ready for our cruise tomorrow, BUT now I find that I need to PRINT MY OWN LUGGAGE TAGS...WHAT ?

This is our first Royal Caribbean cruise....we've been on every CELEBRITY SOLSTICE ship many times....

They ALWAYS sent us pre printed heavy duty tags.....cmon ROYAL

get with it.

Not a good start for this one......

Edited by daka

We are packed and ready for our cruise tomorrow, BUT now I find that I need to PRINT MY OWN LUGGAGE TAGS...WHAT ?

This is our first Royal Caribbean cruise....we've been on every CELEBRITY SOLSTICE ship many times....

get with it.

If you are so averse to printing them, just wait until you get to the port. Show your paperwork to the porter who takes your bags, and he will make and attach luggage tags.

get with it.

The porters will take care of it in less than a minute at the dock.

They tell you when you're completing the setsail pass that you need to print the luggage tags and give you a PDF file to print.

You realized that RC wasn't going to send you printed heavy duty luggage tags at 8:30pm the night before your cruise?

C'mon, don't let that start your cruise off poorly. As others have said, the porters at the pier can take care of it for you in a heartbeat if you can't find a printer by tomorrow.

get with it.

You didn't realize this when you printed out your documents? You're leaving tomorrow and you just noticed?

By the way -if you book a Grand Suite or higher you can request tags to be sent to you.

As usual, our cruise documents were ready today at day 49 with the luggage tags on page 21, ready to print. DH will print them at work on Monday (why use our ink lol) and I will put them in our luggage tag holders so we're ready to go.

RCI hasn't mailed luggage tags except for GS and above in about 2-3 years.

Edited by BND

get with it.

It's pretty bad if you let the fact that they don't send you luggage tags ruin your cruise. Get them from the porters at the pier... Not a big deal.

Making excuses for RC not sending tags....really

Celebrity sent us tags every time, and I guess I just expected that RC would have the same courtesy

This will not SPOIL our crusie just send us back to Celebrity.....

Celebrity sent us tags every time, and I guess I just expected that RC would have the same courtesy

That's pretty pathetic, but whatever floats your boat (pun intended). We also enjoy Celebrity but certainly wouldn't let a piece of paper be the deciding factor in choosing a cruiseline.

some things are more important to others. I have just gotten used to it. We will usually print them out, place them in a luggage pocket and then have the porter put them on. Takes about 5 seconds. But if you don't want to print them, maybe another 30 seconds.

People aren't making excuses, they just don't see it as a big deal. You will get them at the pier tomorrow. And before you decide to go back to Celebrity, go and enjoy your cruise.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Over luggage tags? You haven't even stepped on the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This will not SPOIL our cruise just send us back to Celebrity.....

Excuse is a poor term to describe what folks are telling you about what RCI policy and practice has been for some time. Celebrity is a little above the RCI mass market in terms of what they offer their guests. We like RCI for what they deliver and Celebrity likewise.

If you assumed they were the same because they are in the same corporation that would be like saying Chevrolet is the same as Cadillac.

Also, if you booked through a TA they should have informed you of the different procedure regarding luggage tags. Mine will print tags for those that don't want to; or, cannot print their own.

I hope you enjoy your cruise!

Edited by Scotty G

Really?? That is what determines what cruise you go on? Not a good way to start your vacation, put this behind you and go on your cruise with an open mind.

You could have requested, and paid for, tags when you did your on line check in. Of course if you are sailing in a suite they would have been sent free IF you asked.

Well, that's a shame. You've painted RCI with a mighty wide brush already and you haven't even gotten to the ship. Looking at your previous posts, I see you are on Allure tomorrow. Shame you have made up your mind not to enjoy her. :(

I love the ritual of printing our luggage tags. that simple act augments the excitement of actually getting to go on a CRUISE!

Guess what!? Even though we sail in suites, we still print extra, and laminate and attach more than one to a suitcase. Sometimes those little buggers come off, and we want to do all that we can to ensure that our bags arrive safe and sound, er, that is if they are not way-laid via the naughty room.:D:eek::D

Really? Once you're within about 24 hours your cruise disappears off the RCI site, so they couldn't print them now if they wanted to.

Interesting. I had always thought that, too.

I disembarked from the Freedom this morning. Took the Cocoa Beach Shuttle to my hotel. Room not ready. Went to the computers in the Business Office. (that's where I am right now, again ;) ). Remembered that I had not printed out my luggage tag for the Enchantment tomorrow. (I had the SetSail Pass, just not the luggage tag).

Printed it around 1 P.M.

:)

I love the ritual of printing our luggage tags. that simple act augments the excitement of actually getting to go on a CRUISE!

Guess what!? Even though we sail in suites, we still print extra, and laminate and attach more than one to a suitcase. Sometimes those little buggers come off, and we want to do all that we can to ensure that our bags arrive safe and sound, er, that is if they are not way-laid via the naughty room.:D:eek::D

little buggers, eh? Made me chuckle. :D