What do you like most about the brilliance of the seas?

jalee7

^ THIS. It is incredible to have a warm itinerary like the Med or the Caribbean and take your meals out there. :)

Absolutely - our Brilliance cruise was in the Med and we totally enjoyed it.

Outside dining in the Windjammer,glass elevators with views of the ocean, Solarium for its climate-controlled area for swimming and relaxing regardless of the weather. (if the glass really blocks those carcinogenic rays, I'm doubly grateful, the Cinema, small as it is, and the views of the outside from throughout the ship. Radiance ships are our favorite class even though, to my mind, each class has something special to offer. Was just on Anthem and can't wait to return for a longer stay.:)

My least favorite ship, tho...because of the enclosed Solarium...can't tan in there!

Interesting you bring this up as you always do. The Hotel Director on Serenade last week said that the enclosed Solarium is for climate control. She said IF the roof was open all the time, it would be unbearable hot in there, and most guests would not like that.

The water facing elevators and had the feeling of heading to sea for dinner very cool. The foward cabins of 1st elevators balconies. The centrum and so much more. Easy ship and perfect size. Can't wait til next March to be on her again. Enjoy!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

We love the Radiance class also.

But have to say, we just got of Brilliance Monday - our 4th time on her.

WJ food was very subpar(and trust me I am not a foody)

But more important - disembarkation was one of the worst EVER! Self disembark was so disorganized. Nothing for priority which was not the case the last time we were on the ship. In Jan we were off the ship by 7:15. This time it was HORRID! took until about 8:15 to to get off, no priority (which by the way they did not tell us so while we were in the lounge at 6:30 we had to go behind all the other self disembarkers). So not happy with the process.

Other than that, great ship and had a great time. Service was great as always.l

We were on the Brilliance this past July (Baltics) for the second time. It is a great ship and we particularly enjoyed the very friendly crew and outstanding service. We also enjoyed the Diamond Lounge area and panoramic view from there when the ship departed from ports. Chops was very good and we also did Chef's Table which was well worth the price!

Off the Brilliance on Nov. 7th. 1st time doing "self assist" with our own bulky luggage. (10th cruise) I will certainly do self assist again! I think the key is, however, to get in line ASAP...we were there at 7AM for the scheduled 8-8:15 disembark time. Delays are often caused by customs doing paper work..which I am actually thankful for! (By 7:45 the long line went thru the Pacifica and outside onto the opposite side on deck 5..I think those folks got a bit impatient, perhaps cranky cuz the vaca was over....but they were still off ship ahead of the general "population"!) We felt comfortable taking turns leaving our "spot" to go outside and watch the pier activity, to go to the rest room, to have coffee juice and pastry in the Pacifica, to sit and relax in the Pacifica. I am sure we could have gone to the WJ for more "to-go" food, but didn't want to fight the crowd there. Once off the ship we passed by all the luggage waiting to be claimed and went straight to customs. Much smoother than the inevitable chaos of passengers searching for their belongings...tho it seemed neatly organized by numbers. The only thing some may find to be a downside is that we were required to have "one hand free" to hold on while on the escalator, otherwise we needed to take the elevator down to the terminal...which took several passengers, and luggage, at a time, but obviously not everybody at once!

Just relax for the last hour of your vacation ...pay attention and follow instructions !

Love the intimate size of the ship. Captain and Cruise director were great!

Cabin 9256! ;) :)

I have this cabin on Feb 27 2016 sailing. We got it for 1101 with tax and 200 OBC. I haven't checked prices lately but I think it's a good deal. I was considering cancelling because my daughter is getting married the end of this month and my son is getting married next year and I have 2 in college so money is tight but I want to go so bad. We have been on 2 cruises with the kids on Allure & Oasis but the Brilliance sounds perfect for just my hubby and me.

Tell me what you loved most about this cabin?

Thank you

Sue

I have this cabin on Feb 27 2016 sailing. We got it for 1101 with tax and 200 OBC. I haven't checked prices lately but I think it's a good deal. I was considering cancelling because my daughter is getting married the end of this month and my son is getting married next year and I have 2 in college so money is tight but I want to go so bad. We have been on 2 cruises with the kids on Allure & Oasis but the Brilliance sounds perfect for just my hubby and me.

Thank you

Sue

I also have this cabin in March! I have been told it is a very standard D1 inside and here is a pretty close pix of it's balcony from Liberty in WJ.

05751e8e553b1811f074778df16435dc.jpg

It is a bigger balcony then standard! It is not a true wrapped like Vision 8088!

I am very excited to have it on my favorite ship and class!

Enjoy, and can't wait to her your 1st hand account of it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Thank you

Sue

All four Radiance series sisters have that same cabin. It has a huge balcony that "wraps" partially around the corner. Some don't like it as it has very little overhead cover, but we like the open space and the DH is a sun lover. We have it for our B2B Alaska cruise coming up on the Radiance in August. Great for watching both sides of the inland passage. We also had that cabin for our last Alaska cruise. Wonderful!

We love the Radiance series being not too small, and not too large IMHO. Oasis series is just way too big for us. Good for families, but not us "old farts". ;)

And yes...that is a fantastic deal you got on that cabin! :) You would be shocked to see how prices have gone up dramatically across the board on all ships. We must be paying the bill for new ships Anthem, Ovation, and Harmony. :eek:

Edited by island lady