Have you ever cruised Oasis and Allure in two consecutive years?

Would like to get input from cruisers with no children who have cruised on the Oasis and Allure in two consecutive years? Wondering if adults with no children cruising on such similar ships two years in a row would be a bit repetitive due to similar shows, restaurants, etc.

We had one daughter at the time. Didn't take her with us though....

Didn't find it repetitive at all. We loved the two ships, we did western on one and eastern on the other. Shows were different, ships were unique slightly, and we enjoyed both

We have been Oasis and Allure at least a couple times a year. Yes the shows are the same, but we don't always go to everything. The headliner and comedy club show changes but we have occasionally seen a the same comedian. There are also shows we have yet to get to.

Sometimes we have our son with us and other times not.

I have been on Oasis 3 times since November 2014 (twice since Nov 2015 alone). I did not find it repetitive. As someone said above the headliner and comedy act will likely be different. If you don't feel like seeing Cats or any of the other shows again, you can skip them and take the opportunity to do other things. I went to all the shows on each of the sailings and still enjoyed then

We have done a B2B on the Oasis followed a few months later with a B2B on the Allure followed by another B2B on one or the other for the past several years. We have also booked the same pattern for the future.

We enjoy repeating these ships because they have so much to offer and are never bored. Sometimes we skip a show in order to listen to music in a lounge.

With Harmony coming to Florida the mix will be even better. We have two sets of B2B2Bs booked on her.

Edited by beachnative

Yes- we did Oasis in 2014 (Western Caribbean) and Allure in 2015 (Med). Loved these cruises. Hope to do Harmony soon- it's a shame she's doing that boring 7 day Barcelona to the Western Med itinerary this summer. Yawn. :rolleyes:

Edited by Joe12

We have done Oasis and Allure back to back a year apart. no kids. We enjoyed both thoroughly. We love the Oasis class and are going on our 4th one soon.

we are creatures of habit tho...we did Mariner 4 times I think...

We cruised Oasis twice in a year and followed that with the Allure the next year. We love those ships and do not find them at all repetitive. We skipped Mama Mia this year since we had seen it in Chicago. There's plenty to do on those ships and we've never been bored. Looking forward to the Harmony coming to FL to add it into the mix.

Would like to get input from cruisers with no children who have cruised on the Oasis and Allure in two consecutive years? Wondering if adults with no children cruising on such similar ships two years in a row would be a bit repetitive due to similar shows, restaurants, etc.

We did a 7 day on the Allure in 2014 as well as a 5 day on the Oasis. We absolutely loved our cruise on the Allure-everything was great. We were in the very last Boardwalk Balcony on on deck 11 (cabin 11329). Able to sit and watch the happenings on the Boardwalk, views out to sea-very comfortable. We enjoyed all the food and activities-went to Chop's one night.

The 5 day on the Oasis started out on a bad note. About a month before the cruise. We had chosen another Boardwalk Balcony at the very back only to get a call that the cabin I chose wasn't available due to construction next door. They were turning the open areas that were at the end into large suites. So RC moved us into an extended balcony on deck 11. It took forever to board the ship. It had just come off a transatlantic cruise so customs has to review all employees documentation. Also apparently there was a group of back to back people who refused to get off the ship. We finally boarded close to 2pm. Mind you there was no food/water offered in the terminal waiting area. The extended balcony was ok-it did get very hot. So we still prefer our cabin on the Allure better. The entire cruise it didn't seem like things clicked.

Is there ever a bad cruise-I am sure some people have had them-but ours we both good-the Allure just outshined the Oasis for us.

I did the same ship (allure) twice in the same year and did not find it repetitive at all. Traveled with my mom... I guess I was the kid hah! I'm 32. Not a kid.

Anyway, even on the same ship only 6 months apart, there was plenty that we didn't get around to the first time to keep it interesting. I think it would be even better doing the two different ships because the shows will be different.

Both times we went on Allure, I don't think we repeated any of the main shows. The first time, we spent a lot more time doing daytime activities and specialty dining, we didn't make it to most shows. I think we only saw ocean aria, in fact.

The second time, we did mamma Mia, the ice show, blue planet, and we ate more at the MDR, and less of the organized activities.

Same ship, same year, different experiences, both awesome. ;)

It wasn't repetitive for me but I might avoid booking the allure in the future

I liked both ship they look very similar but I never felt like I was in the same ship again since they have different names and shows are different. No matter what others might say, allure attracts older demographic. My friends had the same experience and every Millennial friend I ask think the same. Causality?maybe but I rather stick with Oasis over Allure.

We were able to do Allure two years in a row, and knowing this in our vacation planning----we were not pressured or rush to do everything.

After these two and then a year off on Oasis, this year back to Allure and hope we get to those areas we never saw.......

Too much to do, so little time.

Enjoy we do and cannot wait.

Safe travels.

We have done Oasis/Allure every summer no kids since Oasis first sailed...six years, I think. We are never bored and can always do as little or as much as we want. Actually doing the exact same cruise on Oasis this month as last summer😉 Love Labadee!

I returned to Allure one year after doing Eastern. And I did feel it repetitive despite doing Western. For me it was like a continuation of the first one.

• 2 weeks later...

We've done both ships at least twice now, our last time on Allure, NYE last December.

Love this class of ship....loved our boardwalk balcony cabins....loved that we got to experience the CL when diamond+ could take advantage of all the offerings they had before dry dock. Adore Capt. Johnny!

We felt that both ships had familiar similarities as well as new opportunities to experience. I must say that Mamma Mia on Allure was THE best show we've ever seen on a ship and close to the best we've seen on Broadway, Amazing talent. We went three nights (one reservation, and two nights we stood in the back for the last hour of the performance, such a feel good show.)

Looking forward to sailing Harmony Eastern Caribbean in November,