Is Royal Caribbean trying to kill the Meet and Mingle?

BillOh

As I hit 35 days no announced time and date set. People leaving on Adventure this week have had 50 people signed up for awhile, but no assigned time and date yet. Or perhaps whomever updates the website is way behind? There are no current M&M's scheduled for Adventure and about 10 other ships.

I'm no expert, but I wouldn't think so... our Anthem time appeared just a few days before sailing and I was impressed that our M&M hosts were the Cruise Director (Clo), the Activities Director (Kevin) and another staff. It was entertaining and well attended.

On Harmony last week the Captain all the way down to the head of housekeeping were at the M&M. They each spoke for a couple of minutes. There must have been 8 or more officers there, as well as Abe the CD and his activity director.

the time/date assigned prior to the cruise has NEVER been the actual meeting time or place for us.

the problem there, however, is that people either do not get the revised invite in their cabin, or miss it when it is ( how many of us automatically toss out all those envelopes and sheets of paper?)

we have had one really great one( trivia questions, cookies and punch, door prizes beyond the same old pen or keychain variety, a list by a few of the senior Officers, etc) a couple of okay ones and one absolute dud.

It now seems to be the norm to only discover the date, time or place for a Meet & Mingle when you reach your stateroom! Locations can be tricky - the last one we attended (Navigator) was held mid morning on a sea day in the Diamond Crown Lounge. A great place to hold it, but it was full before the Meet & Minglers arrived and it was difficult to know who was there for the Meet & Mingle!

For our Oasis cruise last month the date/time never appeared on their site. We've always attended these but we were unimpressed with this one. Just two minor entertainment staff one of whom provided general info on the ship which we already knew then opened it to questions that were 'banal' and not for this sort of meeting. We were among the first to arrive and as people walked in they spread out across the room, so very little meeting or mingling going on.

I am not sure we got our time on jots last month until like a week before. It was our first mm, but several that has been to many said it was the first time the cruise director ran out, and he seemed very enthusiastic about it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Forums mobile app

That's a positive sign, I've seen it reported, but never had seen it myself that a CD showed up. I hope that is the case for Adventure, I like Casey Pelter.

I'm no expert, but I wouldn't think so... our Anthem time appeared just a few days before sailing and I was impressed that our M&M hosts were the Cruise Director (Clo), the Activities Director (Kevin) and another staff. It was entertaining and well attended.

Thanks again, Maybe its just the IT department is slow. Though I have had the onboard people fail to deliver the notice to the room the day before.

As I hit 35 days no announced time and date set. People leaving on Adventure this week have had 50 people signed up for awhile, but no assigned time and date yet. Or perhaps whomever updates the website is way behind? There are no current M&M's scheduled for Adventure and about 10 other ships.

We didn't get the notice of when/where our M&M was going to be until the 2nd day on our cruise on Adventure in January. And the M&M was a complete flop. Last year (Jan 2016), they at least had someone pass the mic around and everyone said their screen name and where they were from so you could put a face with a name. This year, the activities director said thanks for using Cruise Critic and then gave away a few prizes. He seemed really rushed to get it over with. At the MOST, it was 15 mins long. We didn't even go for our second week because it was a huge waste of time.

That's a positive sign, I've seen it reported, but never had seen it myself that a CD showed up. I hope that is the case for Adventure, I like Casey Pelter.

With Casey, don't forget to put a joke in the comment box on the first day. Last fall on Freedom he gave out prizes on the morning show for the best joke, but no one knew to do it before watching the show, so it may be an easy win if you do it on the 1st day... :D

We didn't get the notice of when/where our M&M was going to be until the 2nd day on our cruise on Adventure in January. And the M&M was a complete flop. Last year (Jan 2016), they at least had someone pass the mic around and everyone said their screen name and where they were from so you could put a face with a name. This year, the activities director said thanks for using Cruise Critic and then gave away a few prizes. He seemed really rushed to get it over with. At the MOST, it was 15 mins long. We didn't even go for our second week because it was a huge waste of time.

Was Elvis Pinto your CD? We had Elvis as our AD on my jewel cruise out of San Juan and he did this as well as make everyone at home. It made me think he would make a good CD, which he probably is. I'll report back in about 6 weeks!

With Casey, don't forget to put a joke in the comment box on the first day. Last fall on Freedom he gave out prizes on the morning show for the best joke, but no one knew to do it before watching the show, so it may be an easy win if you do it on the 1st day... :D

We think a like! I was planning on doing exactly that.

Was Elvis Pinto your CD? We had Elvis as our AD on my jewel cruise out of San Juan and he did this as well as make everyone at home. It made me think he would make a good CD, which he probably is. I'll report back in about 6 weeks!

No it was Mercedes. But she wasn't at the Meet and Mingle in Jan 16. At both of them that we've been to, it's only been the Activities Manager/Director. I hope your M&M goes great!

The Meet and Mingles I have attended have all been great, lots of staff attending, tea, coffee, cold drinks, hosted by staff, giveaways. Compared to Princess and Celebrity RCL wins hands down in this dept.

M&M on Adventure has been a problem. We were on b2b in January. The 1st M&M was so bad I wrote a letter to the hotel director and got a phone call, a bottle of wine and a better M&M the following week. In general several things didn't go smoothly onboard the Adventure. Friday night shabbat services had no book or copy of a service to share and the 2nd week the doors to the chapel were unlocked but not opened so people were not sure we were there. Not sure what the problem is. Didn't see officers except at top tier party, when they were friendly. Something definitely wrong.

Don't be surprised not to see the date and time not posted on the website. The last 3 or 4 that I've been to - I got the email confirming that the meet and mingle had met the minimum number of people, but the date and location wasn't put on the website. Found out the location when I got onboard ship.

For my Adventure cruise last year, the M&M was only attended by 8-10 people. I think the meet was on the second day at sail-a-way from port and right before dinner. I don't think we got an notification before we were on the ship.

We've signed up and never received a notice as to the time, date, or meeting place in our cabin. I know many others have said the same thing. This was on the Oasis. Others did but we didn't and never changed cabins or anything like that. Obviously we missed it. :confused:

Our Adventure cruise on Feb 18th we were notified a couple of weeks prior to the cruise, However, at the M & M, there was no one from RCCL in attendance so none of us were sure who was there for the M & M and who was there for the overflow of the D lounge. We ended up not talking to anyone from the M & M. No formal meet and mingle at all even though we had enouugh for a party. It was disappointing.