Nab any great buys for cruise wear on Black Friday?

cruisemom42

I know we're supposed to be shopping for Christmas presents -- just curious if anyone had any great finds for travel, cruise wear, accessories over the Thanksgiving weekend?

I haven't shopped for clothing but did get myself a new camera to replace the one I dropped on the Via Appia outside Rome last year.... :o

I saw some cute Vera Bradley totes in nautical colors (red and navy) on sale at Amazon for a great price, but they aren't really my thing.

I dropped my camera at the Alhambra, so I feel your pain.

I bought a Calvin Klein poncho sweater that will be nice to have on a chilly ship. I also bought a new Baggallini crossbody. Oh, and some Vera Bradley pajama separates.

Oh, and I bought a pair of Naot shoes at Amazon for a great price. But it looks like I will have to return them. The left one fits great but the right one rubs my foot funny.

As disclosure, I am done with my Christmas shopping (and it's even wrapped), so I am shopping for myself. ;)

Edited by hrhdhd

Travelon crossbody I'd been eyeballing from ebags (plus 10% with ebates), and a casual t-back dress on Amazon that I sized up a size because it looks like it would make a good bathing suit cover up. (I think that also involved some ebates cashback, plus chase freedom 10% cashback on Amazon this quarter).

Edited by perditax

I love LeSportsac bags for travel -- they are so lightweight! I've been known to stuff one of their duffels in my bag just in case I end up bringing back more than I left home with....;) (Although I'm not that much of a shopper when travelling, I occasionally run across something I really like.)

A few weeks ago when eBags was having a good sale, I picked up this LeSportsac crossbody bag in the metallic snake print:

http://www.ebags.com/product/lesportsac/medium-two-zip-crossbody/298973?productid=10376608

To go with my cute Taos sneakers in pewter:

http://www.planetshoes.com/item/taos-freedom/25616/253?vsp=&customvar1=43434060-10c1-f7c9-3309-00002c3ddfd7&gclid=CKuN9ubgtckCFdgOgQodTQQCng#0

This will be a nice look for long days of walking in Europe, I'm thinking....

I love LeSportsac bags for travel -- they are so lightweight! I've been known to stuff one of their duffels in my bag just in case I end up bringing back more than I left home with....;) (Although I'm not that much of a shopper when travelling, I occasionally run across something I really like.)

A few weeks ago when eBags was having a good sale, I picked up this LeSportsac crossbody bag in the metallic snake print:

http://www.ebags.com/product/lesportsac/medium-two-zip-crossbody/298973?productid=10376608

To go with my cute Taos sneakers in pewter:

http://www.planetshoes.com/item/taos-freedom/25616/253?vsp=&customvar1=43434060-10c1-f7c9-3309-00002c3ddfd7&gclid=CKuN9ubgtckCFdgOgQodTQQCng#0

This will be a nice look for long days of walking in Europe, I'm thinking....

ooh, ooh. LOVE those shoes!!! Like a Superga on steroids ;)

Not so much specifically for cruising, but I love the fit of Ralph Lauren dresses and Macy's had a bunch on sale for Cyber Monday. I first started debating which ones to buy, but since they had free shipping on orders over $25 and these dresses won't likely be this cheap till they are discontinued I ended up purchasing all 7 that I liked. I figure I will try them all on and return the ones I don't like to my local Macy's. This plan has backfired on me in the past as I ended up liking way more than I anticipated and kept more than I thought!:D

Didn't do any in store shopping, but did do a bit online...

We booked a very last minute... wait for it... Caribbean Cruise :eek:

plan on reading, sleeping & maybe a little drinking for 7 days straight :) however, I've got nothing to wear, my summer time clothes are all shorts, luckily Athleta, Garnet Hill, & Banana Republic still had some maxi sundresses available so I won't have to eat in the buffet every night, which would be fine but we booked a 5 night specialty dinner pkg, so; no shorts.

We haven't done a vacation type vacation in about 5 years so I'm kinda looking forward to it :)

I know we're supposed to be shopping for Christmas presents -- just curious if anyone had any great finds for travel, cruise wear, accessories over the Thanksgiving weekend?

I haven't shopped for clothing but did get myself a new camera to replace the one I dropped on the Via Appia outside Rome last year.... :o

I saw some cute Vera Bradley totes in nautical colors (red and navy) on sale at Amazon for a great price, but they aren't really my thing.

Nope, i save my cruise shopping for January when all the formal stuff is on clearance, dillards is my favorite for this because its all extra 50 % off . I've gotten alot of gorgeous cocktail dresses for dirt cheap! I also wait till July - Aug to get my swim wear for the same reason, been shopping like this since we started cruising

Not so much specifically for cruising, but I love the fit of Ralph Lauren dresses and Macy's had a bunch on sale for Cyber Monday. I first started debating which ones to buy, but since they had free shipping on orders over $25 and these dresses won't likely be this cheap till they are discontinued I ended up purchasing all 7 that I liked. I figure I will try them all on and return the ones I don't like to my local Macy's. This plan has backfired on me in the past as I ended up liking way more than I anticipated and kept more than I thought!:D

Wow!!!! Sounds like you got a good deal

I love love black friday, two loves cause I adore it that much. Typically when we have a cruise coming up it's when we purchase any items we may need like clothing or travel accessories. ..which is also why I think why we tend to cruise in the winter time after this wonderful shopping holiday.

Since we have a cruise coming up in Jan we did pick up a few things.

Most of them at kohls just because I love the bucks for every 50 spent. It helps because I am getting items cheap and then I get free stuff the week after that is still on sale which I normally use towards gifts for christmas.

This year we picked up:

The men's croft and barrow fitted dress shirt and tie in a box set

Croft and barrow corduroy pants

Some mens pullover sweater

So my bf's entire formal night outfit done, plus he can reuse it for Christmas and mix it with anything for a more causal look

I purchased a dana buchman crossbody which I will use for the ship

Also boots. <3 Love black friday boots lol

And moccasins <3 love those too XP

Plus we picked up a luggage set since I am not sure if i want to use my huge tumi expandable. I hate checking in things :(

If i dont use it I just plan on gifting it to my parents for christmas :D

Everything else was mostly just for the apartment and gifts.

I never left the house on Black Friday.....and that weekend, I actually

only went out once and that was that Saturday....I went to HOMEGOODS:D

Love that store.......I got my co-workers small boxes of "Jelly Belly"

Jelly Beans for Christmas.:)

As for clothing? Nope......I am not a Black Friday shopper.

I never left the house on Black Friday.....and that weekend, I actually

only went out once and that was that Saturday....I went to HOMEGOODS:D

Love that store.......I got my co-workers small boxes of "Jelly Belly"

Jelly Beans for Christmas.:)

As for clothing? Nope......I am not a Black Friday shopper.

I didn't go out but I did a last minute email check late Friday because I was working on a project that just ended this past Friday. Lands End, which is back to being run by Lands End, had a 40% off everything and free shipping over $100. Their supima towels never go on sale and last forever. Bought a 6 piece set and extra face cloths. A few new under things for the hubby and the cutest sparkly gray silvery smoking slipper flats for 2 upcoming cruises. They came in under $15 and in a wide! Oh, and I did buy a top. I need to try it on still. I think it may be a bit long so back to our local LE Outlet. I wouldn't want to walk all day in the shoes but I bought a sold out black background floral fabric pair last year. They are lightweight and go with many things. The silver weigh a bit more but will be my dress shoes for a Crystal cruise through the Northwest Passage come August. Now to hit Williams Sonoma to send my favorite Aunt a Pannatone for Christmas.