Royal Caribbean Website Update

Ha! Let's see...you've been a member here for 10+ years, you had to have seen my name around this joint!

I can assure you I am me, have been since starting to work here 20 years ago!

By the way, did you know we'll be celebrating our 20th birthday this year?

Laura

1) I would assume you have been you before you started working at Cruise Critic. :)

2) I was not aware that this is Cruise Critic's 20th anniversary ...

happy-anniversary-4.gif

OK--I logged on IE and cleared cache and history, etc. I was able to get to " My Cruises." I am happy!! :)

I use Chrome and I am not willing to delete everything on that. Just too lazy to log into everything again on Chrome since it is my default browser. :rolleyes:

Do a little searching (Googling). Search for favorites/bookmarks location for your version of whatever operating system you are using. You will want to save that information except for the Royal Caribbean one. Then put all that information back when you have cleared your cache.

You can not pm on CC. And to argue with the "boss" takes a lot of guts on your part.

I know..right??! This person is telling the top dog of this forum that she is wrong! Go Figure!

I use FireFox. I had to go in and clear 'Cached Web Content' in Options, Advanced, Network (tab)...

This worked! Thanks!

Now I can load the RCI website in Firefox. Filtering cruises still doesn't work unless I leave the page and go back. But it's a start.

Works fine for me. The only problem that I see is that there still appears to be an issue with the pricing. The site is still showing huge increases even with a BOGO pricing. Perhaps this will be corrected soon.

No, that is one thing that won't get fixed any time soon.[emoji19]

I finally got around to checking out the new website.

:eek:

What a disaster. I try to search for a cruise and the search engine seems to pretend to be reloading after I click each box, but the exact same number of cruises is listed - 619. :rolleyes:

I haven't used their website to search for a cruise in many years and until they actually come up with a user friendly, ACCURATE website, I'll continue to use other major travel websites to search, and then call my TA to book.

I guess the bottom line is that this new change doesn't affect me because their old website already drove me away.

I finally got around to checking out the new website.

:eek:

What a disaster. I try to search for a cruise and the search engine seems to pretend to be reloading after I click each box, but the exact same number of cruises is listed - 619. :rolleyes:

I haven't used their website to search for a cruise in many years and until they actually come up with a user friendly, ACCURATE website, I'll continue to use other major travel websites to search, and then call my TA to book.

I guess the bottom line is that this new change doesn't affect me because their old website already drove me away.

I thought I was the one having a problem with the new website.

I thought I was the one having a problem with the new website.

After waiting a few minutes, I tried again and it seems to be working, but it sure is a pain to have to scroll so much to see what I want to see.

After waiting a few minutes, I tried again and it seems to be working, but it sure is a pain to have to scroll so much to see what I want to see.

I agree, this new site certainly went backwards!!! I also liked being able to use the calendar to select 3-4 months at a time, more than one ship and all the prices show up. Now you get one price and actually have to do a mock reservation to find out what the prices really are.

I don't know where they find their tech guys, but they need to find new ones!!!:confused::rolleyes:

I don't know where they find their tech guys, but they need to find new ones!!!:confused::rolleyes:

It's probably not (totally) the fault of the tech guys. I'm sure that the marketing people wanted a certain customer "experience". I find this to be a problem with many web sites...too much emphasis on looks and not enough on functionality. Then again, I'm probably not the target audience for marketing people. I'm an engineer who wants to make the fewest clicks possible to find what I want.

All that said, I don't find the new Royal site to be as bad as others find it. For what I typically do, I need one extra click (selecting the Months tab in the "When can you cruise" pop up window). The new Cruising Itinerary page is a lot more space and info than an experienced cruiser needs, but I can see how it would be nice for an inexperienced cruiser. I'd guess that what you think of the new site has a lot to do with how you are used to navigating the old site as there seemed to be many ways on the old site to get from point A to point B.

I'm also not having any of the log in problems that others are having. Maybe any problems have been fixed???

At least the US website has been updated. The UK site lags way way behind - and unless you can find a way round it you'll get redirected to the UK site even if you enter .com.

I emailed them about this over a year ago and got a message saying someone would get back to me..........still waiting :rolleyes:

The UK website is so up to date it still shows Seaview Cafe as a dining option on the Serenade when it was changed to Izumi 2 years ago !!

Edited by Bobal

Was so excited to start looking for our next cruise vacation until I found myself completely lost on the new website. Looks good, but as others have said, lacks functionality and user friendliness. I know we all hate change to some extent, but this system for searching is really horrible. Going "back" while checking prices always brings you back to top of page. Filters are more difficult to choose. Keeps saying "Sorry, the information you requested is temporarily unavailable. If you are trying to make a reservation, you can contact a Certified Vacation Planner at (866) 562-7625"

Guess we won't be booking anytime soon........:(