Best Ft.Lauderdale / Miami Pre-Post Hotel

Cruisin' Again 86

We stayed at the Alhambra Beach Resort in Ft. Lauderdale. Loved it!! It's a small quaint hotel, about a three minute walk to the beach. They provided chairs and towels. Also, continental breakfast by the pool. Our room was the smallest but clean and cozy. Some have kitchens, I believe. Staff was very friendly. We will stay here again.

I like the Embassy Suites on 17th in Ft Lauderdale. Are you sailing from port of Miami, or from port Everglades?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

That is where we stay, 99% of the time, when sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale. We have tried Pricelines deals, twice, and then go back to the Embassy Suites.

Nice "Managers cocktail hour" in the evening before, and a great cooked to order breakfast, and a free shuttle to the ship. Just be sure to check in with the concierge when you first arrive at the hotel, to make sure that you will be on a shuttle that you want.

Rick

Edited by rubrrick

Depends what you're looking for.

If you're looking for a 3 star hotel just to catch up on some sleep without many amenities, the Embassy Suites is fine. The rooms are big, but the pool area isn't great and it isn't near the beach. This is where we stay if we have a late afternoon or night flight into FLL the night before a cruise. They have a "cocktail hour", but its terrible ($3 a bottle) quality wine and bottom shelf liquor, so nothing to pick your hotel over.

If you're looking for a more upscale "resort" feel, the Marriott Harbor Beach is the absolute best, IMO. It is a little expensive depending on the time of year, but the pool and beach areas blow the competition out of the water. I stay here several times a year on business and before/after cruises.

The W and the Westin Beach Resort are other great options. The Hilton on Las Olas is also similar to the Westin Beach Resort.

Good luck!

Depends what you're looking for.

If you're looking for a more upscale "resort" feel, the Marriott Harbor Beach is the absolute best, IMO. It is a little expensive depending on the time of year, but the pool and beach areas blow the competition out of the water. I stay here several times a year on business and before/after cruises.

Totally agree. Probably our one of our most favorite places to stay in all of Florida! Also, the restaurants are great so you don't even have to leave the property if you don't feel like it. Wish I was there now, lol. FWIW

Just returned from FLL after staying @ Hilton Marina. Great location near restaurants and on one of the water taxi stops.

I completely agree with this. Have stayed here several times and the Hilton FL Marina is superb.

I have also stayed in Atlantic Hotel & Spa. This is further out but the rooms, staff and facilities are excellent.

I always book through either Hotwire or Priceline, typically Hotwire since we have 2 kids and want sleeping places for all (you can designate this on Hotwire). We've won the Westin, GalleryOne (Doubletree) and the Crowne Plaza. Once we won the Westin Diplomat for a post cruise, beach day stay. All were fine for a 1-2 night stay. Just be careful what areas you choose and go at least 3 star (I think these were all 4). The prices can't be beat

We like the Marriott Courtyard on SeaBreeze. Right across from the beach, BubbaGump Shrimp Co restaurant on site and lots of shops and places to grab a bite.

This is where we're staying in March. I know it's a little farther from the cruise port, but it seems like a good fit for our group.

That is where we stay, 99% of the time, when sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale. We have tried Pricelines deals, twice, and then go back to the Embassy Suites.

Nice "Managers cocktail hour" in the evening before, and a great cooked to order breakfast, and a free shuttle to the ship. Just be sure to check in with the concierge when you first arrive at the hotel, to make sure that you will be on a shuttle that you want.

Rick

Agree. It is a good place to stay if you are "just flying in" and want a place for the night. Very convenient walking distance to stores too to pick up wine for ship, or anything else that might be too heavy for airlline weight limits. Also dinner option for night before cruise. Would not stay there if I was looking for a few beach days prior to cruise - it is not a beach type location.

Also, no airport transportation, and there was a charge, $10 per person, for cruise terminal transportation (was not free - this was July of this year). Taxi is much cheaper and easier. Airport/most hotels/cruise terminal are close together - would not base hotel choice on shuttles, free transportation, etc. Cabs are cheap and plentiful.

Agree. It is a good place to stay if you are "just flying in" and want a place for the night. Very convenient walking distance to stores too to pick up wine for ship, or anything else that might be too heavy for airlline weight limits. Also dinner option for night before cruise. Would not stay there if I was looking for a few beach days prior to cruise - it is not a beach type location.

Also, no airport transportation, and there was a charge, $10 per person, for cruise terminal transportation (was not free - this was July of this year). Taxi is much cheaper and easier. Airport/most hotels/cruise terminal are close together - would not base hotel choice on shuttles, free transportation, etc. Cabs are cheap and plentiful.

Good to know about the shuttle. As I recall, in the past, the shuttle was free. I'll keep that in mind when booking in the future.

Rick

Hyatt Place...17th St. Convention center location. Book thru value trips.com for the best rate. We have done this twice with excellent results.. Rooms at the hotel are large, clean with very comfy beds. There is a very nice complimentary breakfast included. Large shopping plaza within walking distance with restaurants. We are staying there again this coming Feb.(rate thru Valuetrips is $182). Have a great cruise !:)

Forgot to add ...there is a free hotel shuttle from the FT. Lauderdale airport

Edited by Rala
additional info

I just booked Residence Inn Marriott FLL Airport and Cruise Port for my December cruise. Since we are getting in so late I'm not worried about anything close by (arriving at 10:15 pm). It says it has a complimentary breakfast, its a brand new hotel opening November 2014, free shuttle from the airport and $8.00 per person shuttle to the port. Sounds like a great deal to me.

We also do the Hyatt Place - 17th Street.............great hotel if flying in the day/night before. Walking distance to Wal-Mart (last minute incidentals, WINE, etc.). Plenty of places to eat within walking distance. Shuttle to port was $10/person. Staying there again this December.

I like the Embassy Suites on 17th in Ft Lauderdale. Are you sailing from port of Miami, or from port Everglades?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I agree I would use this if going out of FLL, stayed there several times

We like the Marriott Courtyard on SeaBreeze. Right across from the beach, BubbaGump Shrimp Co restaurant on site and lots of shops and places to grab a bite.

Agree. Have stayed there before. Great location. Walking distance to bars. Will be staying there in May after Crystal world cruise.

Looking for moderate hotel....

GO >>

What is your idea of moderate? The same hotel that is $100 in August is $400 in February.

On the beach? Downtown? You need to narrow your criteria. South Beach is going to be a lot more expensive than Hollywood Beach. You see?

GO >>

We're cruising out of Miami in March. Normally cruise out of Ft Lauderdale (which we love). Trying to decide on Embassy Suites on 17th in Ft Lauderdale or Hampton Inn Bayside in Miami. (We normally stay at the Embassy & know the area). Should we branch out?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk