Transfer POM to FLL

hndapwr

I assume this has been answered before, but I did search the forum and didn't see exactly what I was looking for.

We are flying into FLL a day early for our November 14th cruise out of POM. We don't get in until the evening, so we are staying in Fort Lauderdale and then will take a shared van down to POM the morning of the 14th.

We fly home on the 21st at 1:10PM out of FLL. That timeline falls in the requirements of Celebrity transfers for POM. What opinions do you have on transportation to FLL? Celebrity transfer for $30pp, a shared van service, or something else? I don't want to say cost is not an concern, because it is, but saving $15pp is not a huge deal. I don't think a $200 limo ride is what I am looking for either though. I would like what is most reliable and convenient for the money. I assume even with celebrity transfers we would have to collect our luggage before going through customs.

I appreciate you taking the time to read this and give your opinion.

This question is answered daily on the Florida Departures forum, under North American Homeports. We used a van service, SAS transportation (ridesas.com) to pick us up at our FLL hotel and take us to POM, and after the cruise from POM to FLL airport. It cost $15pp each way. EM

This question is answered daily on the Florida Departures forum, under North American Homeports. We used a van service, SAS transportation (ridesas.com) to pick us up at our FLL hotel and take us to POM, and after the cruise from POM to FLL airport. It cost $15pp each way. EM

As EM has verified; SAS is the best and most reasonable method of shuttle from and too POM and FLL. You must make a reservation and follow their calling instructions once you are back to port.

I assume this has been answered before, but I did search the forum and didn't see exactly what I was looking for.

We are flying into FLL a day early for our November 14th cruise out of POM. We don't get in until the evening, so we are staying in Fort Lauderdale and then will take a shared van down to POM the morning of the 14th.

We fly home on the 21st at 1:10PM out of FLL. That timeline falls in the requirements of Celebrity transfers for POM. What opinions do you have on transportation to FLL? Celebrity transfer for $30pp, a shared van service, or something else? I don't want to say cost is not an concern, because it is, but saving $15pp is not a huge deal. I don't think a $200 limo ride is what I am looking for either though. I would like what is most reliable and convenient for the money. I assume even with celebrity transfers we would have to collect our luggage before going through customs.

I appreciate you taking the time to read this and give your opinion.

Taxi will cost 100-120 which is most convenient but maybe considered costly. Also on our last 2 cruises out of Miami Celebrity offered something I think called luggage express or valet. I am not sure. Its an extra charge but we felt it was well worth it. You sign up for it put you luggage out at night with special tags and the next time you see it is at your destination airport. We have done previously taxis, ride shares and private driver. All work all have pluses and minus's and we have also taken Celebrity's transfer bus. The bottom line is how much do you want to pay and when is your planes departure time. I cant say enough though of the luggage valet it makes getting home so much easier.

I'll second both the advice to head over to the Florida Departures board, as well as the recommendation of SAS, which we used in fall 2013 based on the advice on that board. Easy to set up a reservation with them, and they delivered the promised service. I'd use them again.

We had to get from Port Everglades to Miami airport and debated for months how to do this. In the end we booked the Celebrity transfer for $30pp and it went seamlessly. We took our luggage of the ship around 8am as requested, were off, through customs and in the parking lot area about 15 minutes later. We were immediately greeted and taken to a bus. We were the first two there and sat for about 15 minutes. There was a bus almost full which was taking the group of "all inclusive cruise" passengers to the Miami airport to head home to Moncton NB. Rather than make us wait they came to get us for that bus and off we went. We had considered car rental, taxi and shuttle and this honestly was far better than we had ever expected.

If cost is not an issue, we suggest taking a taxi...it is more expensive but the most direct and reliable.....try luggage valet if eligible, (our flt did not qualify by time), or walking off....that's what we did....

we got to the airport before the big crowds from both POM and Pt Everglades...very short lines for luggage check in which they accepted altho we were early) and security....easy , breezy!

long wait for our flight but time to read and relax as others waited in immense lines!

once we tried the Royal bus pom to fll...they held the bus while searching for people's misfiled luggage....long delay & very stressful!

Edited by hcat

We are on the same cruise as you are....can't wait,love the Reflection?

We are also flying into FLL. We like Lauderdale so much better than Miami. Plus SWA doesn't fly from our city to Miami.

We have used QLS numerous times. Usually charge about $20 per person. More than price,they are very reliable.

We have not booked our air yet but I will definitely keep our return within the time frame to use luggage valet. It makes disembarkation so easy.

As EM has verified; SAS is the best and most reasonable method of shuttle from and too POM and FLL. You must make a reservation and follow their calling instructions once you are back to port.

Agree with both of you. We like the fact they were punctual for being a shared ride and reasonably priced.

We cruised on the Eclipse just this past March and used SAS. When going from the POM to FLL, you do not reserve a time, you just make a reservation. After collecting your luggage and heading towards customs, you call them so they know you are almost ready to be picked up. Once you clear customs, you call to tell them you are ready to be picked up and they tell you either where to wait to be picked up (or where they are waiting). This was the first time that we used them and will use them again next time.

As for Celebrity's Luggage Valet, we were told that the flights had to be 2:30PM or later to use the service on our cruise. I don't know if the time varies with how many ships are in port. We returned on a Sunday and it was busy.

Thabks for starting this thread

I'm struggling to find one that will do the following

Mia to a fll hotel

Port Everglades to a downtown Miami hotel

I've tried SAS and jiffy jeff but neither now do these routes

Any ideas on who to try without getting taken to mia to get a cab to a downtown hotel

Thanks

For MIA to FLL area hotels try American Shuttle and Super Shuttle (both based in Miami) or Go Airport (based at FLL). A one way rental car is likely to be cheaper and more convenient. ;)

Port Everglades to a downtown Miami hotel is a challenge - a taxi from PE to FLL for about $15 opens up lots of opportunities; SAS, QLS, MJS, Go Airport and others should be happy to make that run. Private car service (PE to Miami) from Go Airport, Holland Limo or Larry's Limos is an option, or just grab a cab for about $80+tip

Good luck! :)

We normally rent a car to go from FLL to MIA. We drop off at MIA and then get the free shuttle to the port. We've never paid more than $60 total. This year, a van is around $150 for the day! I'm going to wait to see if rates drop...if not, we may take the SAS shuttle as well. We've had them in the past and they are very good. Groups of 5+ are $13/person.