Suites, Spas and Signature Sailings - a Q & A with Celebrity!

Cruise Critic Chris

• Members

I know lots of people on this forum have been eagerly awaiting news about Celebrity's new Suite class, as well as other changes onboard. Next week, we're talking about how to get Suites, Spas & Signature Sailings with Celebrity Cruises' Jo Rzymowska, managing director of UK and Ireland. Join us at 11 a.m. (eastern) January 30 to get your questions answered.

Or ask a question down below and we'll make sure it gets seen. Thanks!

Simple thing really flowers.

I have purchased via Gifts by Celebrity flowers for our cabins for delivery hopefully at Embarkation Day. As it is a 14 night sailing wanted to order more flowers for delivery on day 7/8 for my MIL but understand from Celebrity UK that all flowers will be delivered on day of Embarkation and individual requests for later delivery not possible. Seems a shame. Appreciate that I could make request with Michael's Concierge but I like to do things in advanced and forget once on holiday.

Colours - MIL likes whites and lilac coloured flowers, can colour preferences be given and met?

Minor details but keen to ensure MIL has a wonderful cruise. Any suggestions on how to get around this?

Hi Chris,

When Luminae makes it's debut, will the venue be open for lunch on all days, or only sea days ?

Also, can we have access to additional menus ? The first set of menus look fantastic, and it would be great to have an additional "taste" of what's to come.

Thanks very much !

What is the policy going to be for inviting non-suite guests to join

a suite guest for dinner? Will it be like Blu where nobody outside of AQ

is allowed? Will they allow non-suite guests?

What is the policy going to be for inviting non-suite guests to join

a suite guest for dinner? Will it be like Blu where nobody outside of AQ

is allowed? Will they allow non-suite guests?

This is answered in the Suite Perks FAQ - Suite guests may invite guests to dine with them for a fee: Breakfast $15, Lunch $25 and Dinner $50 per invited guest.

The suite dining room won't be accessible to anyone not invited to dine with a suite guest.

This is answered in the Suite Perks FAQ - Suite guests may invite guests to dine with them for a fee: Breakfast $15, Lunch $25 and Dinner $50 per invited guest.

The suite dining room won't be accessible to anyone not invited to dine with a suite guest.

Oh. I haven't read that thread since I don't book suites.

Where is the Suite Perks FAQ section you mentioned? Lois asked the same question I was wondering about. Our family of 4 is booked in a suite with an adjoining Concierge cabin. I am upset to have to give up not being able to eat in the new suite restaurant, but we want to all eat together. But it sounds like we can "invite" our other cabin to join us in Luminae if we pay? Is that true Celebrity?? I'd love to read or hear how this works.

Where is the Suite Perks FAQ section you mentioned? Lois asked the same question I was wondering about. Our family of 4 is booked in a suite with an adjoining Concierge cabin. I am upset to have to give up not being able to eat in the new suite restaurant, but we want to all eat together. But it sounds like we can "invite" our other cabin to join us in Luminae if we pay? Is that true Celebrity?? I'd love to read or hear how this works.

Suite Perks FAQ

Yes, you can invite the other cabin to dine with you, subject to the cover fee per person per meal.

When the suite restaurant opens, will consideration be given to go back to Blu being limited to Aqua Class guests as originally intended? It may be a mute point after the new restaurant opens, but to-date allowing suite guests is causing considerable crowding conditions on many sailings, with waits reported of 30 minutes or more at times.

When the suite restaurant opens, will consideration be given to go back to Blu being limited to Aqua Class guests as originally intended? It may be a mute point after the new restaurant opens, but to-date allowing suite guests is causing considerable crowding conditions on many sailings, with waits reported of 30 minutes or more at times.

According to the Suite Perks FAQ Suite Guests will continue to enjoy admission to BLU under the same conditions and terms as exist today.

According to the Suite Perks FAQ Suite Guests will continue to enjoy admission to BLU under the same conditions and terms as exist today.

The point is that recent reports indicate that the implementation of the policy has changed. Suite guests are being admitted -- not on a "space available" basis -- but AHEAD of AQ guests according to these reports. So it would be helpful if X officially promised to go back to the published terms and conditions.

The point is that recent reports indicate that the implementation of the policy has changed. Suite guests are being admitted -- not on a "space available" basis -- but AHEAD of AQ guests according to these reports. So it would be helpful if X officially promised to go back to the published terms and conditions.

I think BLU is allowing access first come first served, not really lining Aqua on one side, and Suites on other then taking all suites making aqua stare at them.

My personal observations have been empty seats and tables the few times I have dined in BLU, so the issue isn't always an issue.

My thought is, X is clearly making suites have full access to most anything, that they have stated in the Suite Perks FAQ that the access policy won't change, and that the direction is unlimited access, I can't imagine restricting suite access to BLU. I do think stress on BLU will be less with the Suites having a dedicated dining room and that is the intended fix to the "problem" in BLU.

I honestly don't see X reverting BACKWARDS on a policy like this.

But surely Suite guests will be able to dine with friends and traveling companions at BLU if their companions are in Aqua.

But we shall see, if they choose to take this issue up on the call next week...

Edited by cle-guy

How will unlimited Wifi in RS and above be handled?

Will there be one "sign-in" available for each person in the suite?

Would the sign-in be useable by one device at a time?

Can the ships' bandwidths support this perk without a serious downgrade in service for all?

[i ask because we often need to get some work done at sea. That's how we are able to take longer cruises and afford suites. In order to work, I need at least intermittent internet access.]

Thanks,

Jane

How will unlimited Wifi in RS and above be handled?

Will there be one "sign-in" available for each person in the suite?

Would the sign-in be useable by one device at a time?

Can the ships' bandwidths support this perk without a serious downgrade in service for all?

[i ask because we often need to get some work done at sea. That's how we are able to take longer cruises and afford suites. In order to work, I need at least intermittent internet access.]

Thanks,

Jane

The Reflection Suite offers Unlimited WiFi for up to 6 devices. Will be curious to see if this flows into Suite perks for RS and PH.

With only 8 RS and 2 PH on each ship eligible for unlimited internet, the bandwidth use will be nominal I'd say even with unlimited access for these cabins. I highly doubt there will be any equipment upgrades made for Suite perks, until such time as a fleet wide rollout of new internet/wifi is announced.

The Reflection Suite offers Unlimited WiFi for up to 6 devices. Will be curious to see if this flows into Suite perks for RS and PH.

With only 8 RS and 2 PH on each ship eligible for unlimited internet, the bandwidth use will be nominal I'd say even with unlimited access for these cabins. I highly doubt there will be any equipment upgrades made for Suite perks, until such time as a fleet wide rollout of new internet/wifi is announced.

Thanks for the input, Curt!

Jane

Regarding Suite Class dining, I would like to add my hope that Blu will revert back to an AQ only venue

Also, regarding Signature sailings, I'm booked on one (the Cannes Film Festival Cruise, May, next year... but there doesn't seem to be any info as to extra on board activities that will be added, I've done a signature cruise before where lots of extra wine events & speakers were added, hoping I can get some insight into what will be offered.

Oh, & these questions, comments are intended for Celebrity Official, not looking for quotes from the FAQ by any members. :)

{{{Snip}}}

Also, regarding Signature sailings, I'm booked on one (the Cannes Film Festival Cruise, May, next year... but there doesn't seem to be any info as to extra on board activities that will be added, I've done a signature cruise before where lots of extra wine events & speakers were added, hoping I can get some insight into what will be offered.

We're booked on the 2017 Mardi Gras signature event sailing and would also love some details. :)

As far as the suite dining room, will they stock a better grade of meats than in the MDR ? I've noticed that particularly some of the beef hasn't t been the best quality recently. I'd also hope that there are some simpler menu items available, aside form the special constructed courses. Sometimes a perfectly grilled steak, chop or chicken breast are what I crave after all the "fancy" cruise food.

Jane

Edited by JaneStarr

Is it intended that the tables for 2 are on banquette type seating rather than individual tables for 2? If it is to be banquette seating will there be more space between the seats than shown in the rendering?

With regards to the suite resturaunt the FAQ stated "Guests can immerse themselves in the local culture with specially crafted menus inspired by the local destination".

Will, for example, after spending the day in the port of Messina there be a Sicilian dish or two on the menu?

Will this follow through with Luminae's menu's being closely tied to the specific ships itinery:) or will it's menu merely be on a two week loop and the same across the fleet? :(

Speaking to the issue of Suite guests inviting non suite guests to dine with them for a fee. I hope that as the new suite restaurant is rolled out that this issue will be closely monitored - I'd be very unhappy to find that the space is over crowded because people book one suite and then just pay for the rest of their group in non suite cabins to continually join them. IMHO it should be that you are allowed to invite guests only one time to avoid over crowding.