No access to the Diamond lounge for diamond members

Serenade of the seas from Copenhagen to Boston...apparently because the diamond plus members are so many, the diamond lounge is not available for diamond members. This would not be a problem at all if Royal would have made available the coffee specialities like cappuccino for diamond members at another venue... But no, nichts, nada, niente...

The loyalty ambassador informed us that this benefit is not longer a benefit for diamond members, so complaints not dealing anywhere.

Have we missed some communication from Royal in regard to changing benefits for the C&A members?

This is the first I've read of this issue of Diamonds being kicked out of the lounge.

On Oasis a few months ago anytime that the coffee machine was not working in the Diamond lounge specialty coffee was made available at the Starbucks location on the Royal Promenade. It would have been nice you to have access at Latitudes on Serenade.

Serenade of the seas from Copenhagen to Boston...apparently because the diamond plus members are so many, the diamond lounge is not available for diamond members. This would not be a problem at all if Royal would have made available the coffee specialities like cappuccino for diamond members at another venue... But no, nichts, nada, niente...

The loyalty ambassador informed us that this benefit is not longer a benefit for diamond members, so complaints not dealing anywhere.

Have we missed some communication from Royal in regard to changing benefits for the C&A members?

Did that mean there was no nightly cocktail hour for Diamonds in the DL lounge or an overflow area?

I'm paying a bit more attention to this sort of thing as we turn Diamond after our next cruise.

Thanks

Did that mean there was no nightly cocktail hour for Diamonds in the DL lounge or an overflow area?

I'm paying a bit more attention to this sort of thing as we turn Diamond after our next cruise.

Thanks

I wouldn't miss it much. The appetizers usually stink and it's so way over crowded anyway. As long as the 3 free drinks are on my seapass, I'm good

I love these threads....

Please READ the small print on the C&A program. Anything and Everything may be changed at any time.

Did anyone question RCI's ability to change or end the program? The OP is discussing what the finding are aboard Serenade right now.

Edited by Ocean Boy

This is the first I've read of this issue of Diamonds being kicked out of the lounge.

We are also onboard Serenade and have been for this cruise and the previous fjords cruise.

Diamonds have not been kicked out of the lounge, they have the entire safari club as a diamond lounge on deck 6.

Diamond plus are using the Diamond Lounge on Deck 13, and suites and Pinnacles are using the Concierge Lounge on deck 13.

We were onboard last week also, and concierge lounge was open for suites, pinnacles and diamond plus. However, over 500 diamond and over 300 diamond plus boarded for the transatlantic, so they had to separate the lounges. All lounges have the same drinks and the same hors'd'oerves, and both the diamond lounge and safari club have better views.

No one would be happy to squeeze 800 diamond, diamond plus into the diamond lounge,

I think it was a great solution, everyone has a place to go and enjoy a cocktail and conversation.

I wouldn't miss it much. The appetizers usually stink and it's so way over crowded anyway.

Not sure if it's consistent between ships (it's usually not) but the appetizers on Anthem seem to be upgraded (as compared to past cruises on other ships) in the CL. When we went to the DL one night, and they seemed to have the same things out.

None of the little spritzer things on stale bread. They had full size shrimp, chicken skewers, bacon wrapped scallops, meatballs, chicken wings, spring rolls, spanakopita, quiche, etc. Plus a nice cheese plate, sliced fruit, various cold dishes like shrimp and scallop seviche, artichoke salad, and freshly baked bread rolls each night. The appetizers were so good we decided to eat what we wanted on the last two nights during cocktail hour as we weren't thrilled with CK. (that's not even a complete list, there was other stuff, too)

The coffee machines in both lounges were filled and working each day. And they had that cranberry/almond WJ bread in the mornings.

It was really nice.

Edited by marci22

Bill,

You and Rita always have the correct information. Gerry and I will be on the Radiance from Vancouver to Hawaii in Sep 2017 and I expect the same thing could happen on it as there as well. Thanks for setting things straight. Sally

We are also onboard Serenade and have been for this cruise and the previous fjords cruise.

Diamonds have not been kicked out of the lounge, they have the entire safari club as a diamond lounge on deck 6. "

In relation to your post:

The safari lounge is opened for diamond members for the cocktail hours on the evening. There is nothing going on in the safari lounge in the mornings. Diamond members have been informed that the diamond lounge on the 13th floor it is not for them to use during this cruise anymore. As a matter of fact we were asked to leave the lounge when we wanted to have our coffee.

As mentioned in my previous post, this means no access to the specialty coffees. If you are a diamond member probably you have realised by now that you do not have free capuccinos or expressos anymore. Several diamond members complained about this and were told we are not entitled anymore to free specialty coffees.

I wouldn't miss it much. The appetizers usually stink and it's so way over crowded anyway. As long as the 3 free drinks are on my seapass, I'm good
In all my trips to the DL I have never found appetizers that stink, if fact I love the Stilton cheese when they have it.

Well, your post says "no access to the diamond lounge". Perhaps it should have said "no specialty coffees available to diamond members.

People immediately see your post and panic that the diamonds are being kicked out of the lounge.

The coffee machine in the concierge lounge was not working last week, so no cappucino available there, either......in fact, no coffee or hot water.

On Oasis a few months ago anytime that the coffee machine was not working in the Diamond lounge specialty coffee was made available at the Starbucks location on the Royal Promenade. It would have been nice you to have access at Latitudes on Serenade.

As a matter of fact we have requested to have a voucher to access to the specialty coffees at Lattetudes but the answer provided by the Loyalty Ambassador was that we diamond members are not entitled to the free specialty coffee.

Thanks for your answer. We will ask again.

Diamonds have not been kicked out of the lounge, they have the entire safari club as a diamond lounge on deck 6.

Diamond plus are using the Diamond Lounge on Deck 13, and suites and Pinnacles are using the Concierge Lounge on deck 13.

We were onboard last week also, and concierge lounge was open for suites, pinnacles and diamond plus. However, over 500 diamond and over 300 diamond plus boarded for the transatlantic, so they had to separate the lounges. All lounges have the same drinks and the same hors'd'oerves, and both the diamond lounge and safari club have better views.

No one would be happy to squeeze 800 diamond, diamond plus into the diamond lounge,

I think it was a great solution, everyone has a place to go and enjoy a cocktail and conversation.

That sounds like a great solution but I wonder why segregate between Diamonds and D+, why not just let them all know both venues are open to either D or D+?

I love these threads....

Please READ the small print on the C&A program. Anything and Everything may be changed at any time.

I remember when CC used to be just great facts about shipboard life, not just a guessing game by some here.

It sounds like some people like Bill and Rita (negc) who are presently aboard are giving a very positive review of what Royal Caribbean did to keep so many D and D+ happy.

Nice report Bill!

Rick

thank you for your clear explanation :)

I would far rather have them move the designated cocktail hour to a venue that can handle the number of people on board. As for the popularity of the coffee machine, we'll all I can say is *when* it works it still was burnt coffee that may or may not have the correct amount of steamed milk added. While I spent many hours in the lounge during the day( I preferred the quiet to read) only a few people ever came in to use it. Both machines were down the entire cruise and only one person made a big stink about it every day. I suppose he could have ( and maybe did) demand free specialty coffees but I do t consider the loss of that to be an erosion of my perks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That sounds like a great solution but I wonder why segregate between Diamonds and D+, why not just let them all know both venues are open to either D or D+?
Because it's a win win situation, the D's still have a lounge/cocktail hour and the D+'s (with a lot more points) feel special. Edited by FLACRUISER99

Because it's a win win situation, the D's still have a lounge/cocktail hour and the D+'s (with a lot more points) feel special.

It could be just the size of venues was the deciding factor. People would probably rather know ahead of time where to go instead of going to the DL to finding it too crowded and then heading down to 6.