Carry on bag

vhedrick

Honestly we have a porter take our carryons and we just bring 1 backpack filled with valuables and the things we need, really is nice not having to roll a big carry on along. Some good things to put in a small bag would be a change of clothes, swimsuit, sunscreen stick, valuables, chopstick, camera

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Besides things like a bathing suit and medicines what items are your must have's you like to pack in your carry on for the day you get on the ship! Making my list for when we start packing for our Liberty OTS trip in October!

My wife has medicine, so I carry a backpack for her items. My backpack weighs more than what is inside it, but I use it on the last night, to carry anything off the ship, that was not left in the hallway in the suitcase. Please note, the only thing I have in the backpack is medicines and nothing else.

Disinfecting wipes to wipe everything down when I get to the cabin and a zip loc bag to put the remote in (germiest thing in any cabin or hotel room)

Better wipe it all down a couple times a day - the room steward will be using the same dirty rags all week from previous rooms. Putting the remote in a ziplock, too funny. May as well stay home and never go anywhere.

Our carryon has meds, electronics, jewelry. Basically anything we can't be without or of value.

Cruise documents.

2 bottles of wine (SECOND most important thing :D)

Valuables (electronics, money, etc).

Medicines

Swimsuit, t-shirt, flip flops for pool.

The clothes I wear for boarding can be worn to dinner if needed.

There is absolutely no need to pack clothes for first night dinner. Since many do not have luggage, all casual wear is acceptable on the first night.( Maybe men should not wear muscle shirts on boarding day. ) Take medications and all valuables on board. We don't wipe down anything and never have. Only have gotten sick once mid-week on more than 50 cruises.

This is not needed.

These are the people who are always sick with something.....

Absolutely 100% needed. Find the thread on this board focused on the fact that people keep clothes in the suitcase and use the drawers for their dirty clothes.

So you wipe down the inside of the drawers? Hope you're in our room the week before us:p

Never used to - Honestly, never even crossed my mind. Then I read the thread about the dirty clothes in the drawer and of course now we have to. My clean clothes and someone else's nasty soiled things do NOT mingle.

Absolutely 100% needed. Find the thread on this board focused on the fact that people keep clothes in the suitcase and use the drawers for their dirty clothes.

Who cares?

It won't hurt you.

I touch sick people everyday without gloves.

I am rarely ill........

How long does it usually take for your bag to be delivered to your room please?

Also how quickly can you get into your room? I was going to bring a carry on but don't want to bring it around the pool etc.

Thanks.

Rooms are normally available around 1pm, sometimes 1:30pm.

I've seen bags arrive before we get to the room at 1pm. I've also had bags arrive after dinner, around 8pm. Most often they have been delivered before muster.

This is not needed.

These are the people who are always sick with something.....

Never gotten sick and I do this every cruise. It pays to be careful I work in a healthcare setting and I know where the pesky germs are and like to avoid them as much as possible.