Collared shirts in the wash 'n fold bag?

Has anyone put a collared shirt in the Wash 'n Fold bag? I'm thinking of my husband's shirts, which I believe in the US are called dress shirts.

Do they get rejected?

Do they just fold them and return them creased or

Do they add on the charge for pressing them i.e. $2.99/3.99 per shirt?

We'll be away 18 nights in total so can't pack enough for every day as we have in the past.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Also, make sure to pay close attention to the turn around time. I put some t-shirts, socks, and underwear in early expecting to see it back late the next day and I didn't see it until afternoon of day 2.

As advertised it's "wash & fold" so there is no pressing and I wouldn't put any thing dressy in the bag.

Also, make sure to pay close attention to the turn around time. I put some t-shirts, socks, and underwear in early expecting to see it back late the next day and I didn't see it until afternoon of day 2.

As advertised it's "wash & fold" so there is no pressing and I wouldn't put any thing dressy in the bag.

I've found it's always best to confirm the turnaround time with the stateroom attendant.

I would never put anything bright white in the bag that you wish to stay bright white. Everything seems to come back clean but dingy. I assume it all goes into one huge load, all mixed together. Its a great service to have, just use caution.

Has anyone put a collared shirt in the Wash 'n Fold bag? I'm thinking of my husband's shirts, which I believe in the US are called dress shirts.

Do they get rejected?

Do they just fold them and return them creased or

Do they add on the charge for pressing them i.e. $2.99/3.99 per shirt?

We'll be away 18 nights in total so can't pack enough for every day as we have in the past.

Well even if they washed it they wouldn't press it and it wouldn't come back 100% wrinkle free.

I would never put anything bright white in the bag that you wish to stay bright white. Everything seems to come back clean but dingy. I assume it all goes into one huge load, all mixed together. Its a great service to have, just use caution.

Ditto...

I would never put this kind of item in the wash-n-fold bag...regardless if it was allowed or snuck through....the outcome would be horrendous :eek:

Horrendous, don't think I would go that far. I have been putting golf shirts in the wash and fold bags for at least the last 8 years. That is two bags every cruise for 60 cruises and I have never been charged. Just buy the right kind of collared pullover shirt, wrinkles fall out overnight. You get what you pay for. I find I get two years out of each and that is averaging 8 to 12 cruises a year.

a ful button down shirt? no way no how.

a polo/golf shirt? I would take the chance but only if it is a shirt that has held up to many washings prior.

these things are thrown together into a mesh laundry bag and washed with 20 other mesh laundry bags in one giant washing machine. then dried by Drogon and his remaining sibling

anything that needs pressing, should never be put in the wash and fold bags.

It's not in the wash and fold bag, but for the last few cruises, I bring my dress shirts just folded in my luggage and asked my Room Stewart to have them washed and pressed, they always come back the next morning on hangers, nice and starched just like I requested. It cost no more than the Dry Cleaners at home.

Horrendous, don't think I would go that far. I have been putting golf shirts in the wash and fold bags for at least the last 8 years... Just buy the right kind of collared pullover shirt, wrinkles fall out overnight....

It looks like OP is talking about a dress shirt, not a polo shirt. I would not put a dress shirt in this bag; it needs to be properly laundered and ironed.

a polo/golf shirt? I would take the chance but only if it is a shirt that has held up to many washings prior.

these things are thrown together into a mesh laundry bag and washed with 20 other mesh laundry bags in one giant washing machine. then dried by Drogon and his remaining sibling

:evilsmile: Do you think the newly-created Zombie Dragon will breathe fire? Or ice? Been wondering ...

:evilsmile: Do you think the newly-created Zombie Dragon will breathe fire? Or ice? Been wondering ...

My husband has decided that Viserion will reject he Night King, adopt Jon Snow as his new daddy and complete the Ice and Fire Circle. Thus leaving Tyron to get suckered into riding Aragon/aragog or whatever his name is into Kings Landing to fulfill Maggie's Prophecy of who kills Cersei. By fire. In a fitting end since she likes it so much .

Horrendous, don't think I would go that far. I have been putting golf shirts in the wash and fold bags for at least the last 8 years. That is two bags every cruise for 60 cruises and I have never been charged. Just buy the right kind of collared pullover shirt, wrinkles fall out overnight. You get what you pay for. I find I get two years out of each and that is averaging 8 to 12 cruises a year.

I would absolutely "go that far"... My family thinks I have a Phd. in laundry. :halo:

Hi C... if you had a can of spray starch and an iron, then the wash and fold would be perfect but they don't allow irons, and nobody travels with cans of spray starch, so my guess is that John needs to pack a couple of extra dress shirts....

I still think you and John should join us on the Symphony, regardless if you like the big ships or not... JMHO

JC

Hi C... if you had a can of spray starch and an iron, then the wash and fold would be perfect but they don't allow irons, and nobody travels with cans of spray starch, so my guess is that John needs to pack a couple of extra dress shirts....

I still think you and John should join us on the Symphony, regardless if you like the big ships or not... JMHO

JC

Thanks JC but there's no way we're going on a large ship with only one Port and 9 consecutive sea days. [emoji57]

Thanks for all the replies. We can't pack extra shirts, he doesn't have that many (!) plus we have to be able to manhandle our luggage on and off trains on our post-cruise stay.

I guess we'll be paying the $ for individual laundry care.

Actually we've used Wash 'n Fold many times for underwear, nightwear, socks & Tshirts. The only problem we've ever had was with my bra, so that was a lesson learned and they're easy to hand wash.

It's just his shirts that are the problem. He hates polo shirts as they're never long enough in the body for him.

DH regularly puts in casual short sleeve shirts. He has several from M and S that don't really need ironing, not sure what the material is but different to what I would call a smart evening shirt.

Julie

Wash & Fold process they put all your items together in a mesh bag along with many other mesh bags in the same hot water ,heavy detergent wash. white items come back with a gray tone. We get a wash free with C&A and never use it anymore. Even if your items are all white other have mixed that run. Bob & Nancy

It's just his shirts that are the problem. He hates polo shirts as they're never long enough in the body for him.

Duluth Trading Company Long Tail polo shorts and T-shirts. Longer in the body.

Also, their Bare Naked underwear is very comfortable plus, wash at night, dry in the morning. I find they dry better/faster than the "travel underwear" from Magellan or Travel Smith.

I am dying laughing right now...thank you!!!!!