Excessive Mailings

CruseKrazy

Does anyone else suffer from excessive O promotional brochure mailings? We have just returned home after 14 weeks and found 17 O catalogues and brochures as well as 2 from our TA. I don't know about you, but I track O cruise prices and availability on line.

O, is it necessary to flood everyone with these expensive mailings? Could they be reduced and cruise prices reduced a bit?

We're actually having the opposite problem. We've been booked on an O cruise for over a year and would like to receive some brochures. Despite repeated requests (online and over the phone), we haven't received anything!

I wish I could give you ALL of my O brochures instead of putting them into my recycling bin :D

Wendy I tried that in January the flow has slowed but still get the odd ones

Now not sure if they are sending out less or not

Also got a lot of Regent ones ..we have never requested those & have no intention or desire to sail on Regent

I called them it takes 5-6 months to get off that list :eek:

so I am told

I wish they would stop with the sale brochures & just send the new ones with the new itineraries ONCE

Save the money & use it to pay down the debt load

JMO

Lyn

There have been many many threads on this subject.

Beaten to death IMO

It is what it is

O must think the media blitz works and i am sure someone monitors these comments.

Just toss 'em

Why so negative......your comments must equally apply to virtually every other thread here...

Smoking...Dress Code....Reservations.........the list goes on. But if someone asks the question you are free or otherwise to respond.

Brian

Does anyone else suffer from excessive O promotional brochure mailings? We have just returned home after 14 weeks and found 17 O catalogues and brochures as well as 2 from our TA. I don't know about you, but I track O cruise prices and availability on line.

O, is it necessary to flood everyone with these expensive mailings? Could they be reduced and cruise prices reduced a bit?

I had some fun with this subject on our recent cruise and you can too. When we were in an area with new friends ( like a crowded elevator), I'd ask if anyone knew how I could get on Oceania's mailing list. The responses were instantaneous and pretty entertaining.

I just find that so many of the brochures that literally come almost daily just confuse me -- I don't know which promotion/sale/free this or that/ is really a good deal and which is just yelling the same thing over and over. I do love the yearly catalog-- call it the "dream book". Other companies that send way too much is Viking, Oceania, Uniworld. At least we know that mailman can't ever claim there was no mail to deliver -- advertisement for travel companies every day. Those glossy mailers have to be expensive and they really do not get my attention now at all.

I had some fun with this subject on our recent cruise and you can too. When we were in an area with new friends ( like a crowded elevator), I'd ask if anyone knew how I could get on Oceania's mailing list. The responses were instantaneous and pretty entertaining.

Pretty funny!

For what it's worth, 4 of the 5 Oceania cruises we've booked have been ones I've picked out of the mailers that come to the house. I'm a person that uses the internet all the time, but rarely go to the Oceania site to look at their cruises.

I would imagine there are quite of few of Oceania's clientele that may not be as computer savvy as most of us here.

The mailers work for me, but we do get a lot of them.

For what it's worth, 4 of the 5 Oceania cruises we've booked have been ones I've picked out of the mailers that come to the house. I'm a person that uses the internet all the time, but rarely go to the Oceania site to look at their cruises.

I would imagine there are quite of few of Oceania's clientele that may not be as computer savvy as most of us here.

I agree that the mailers especially the large Your World catalog makes my brain think cruise more than the web site does. I then call my TA and tell her to find me the cruise that is best value for where I want to travel.

I would like to be their printer. Could retire in a year or two. :):)

I would like to be their printer. Could retire in a year or two. :):)

I have been in the printing business and I have a feeling that these large jobs are high dollar; but probably pretty low margin for the printers. Still nothing to sneeze at though.

We're on the Internet a lot, and do much cruise research online, but there's something very seductive about holding that physical brochure in your hands, looking at the pictures, and wondering it it's time for another.....

We're on the Internet a lot, and do much cruise research online, but there's something very seductive about holding that physical brochure in your hands, looking at the pictures, and wondering it it's time for another.....

+1

Simply not the same online. (Of course, that is the way I still feel about my daily newspaper!:)) I will enjoy the brochures as long as they are sent to me.

Edited by CintiPam

I finally called the customer service telephone number on their website and asked them to stop sending brochures. Told them that I use their website to check out cruises and do not need the brochures. That did the trick. I no longer receive mailings from Oceania.

I finally called the customer service telephone number on their website and asked them to stop sending brochures. Told them that I use their website to check out cruises and do not need the brochures. That did the trick. I no longer receive mailings from Oceania.

That is a solution that works for you.

I would like to take the middle road - get a few nice O brochures occasionally but not every other day. How does one accomplish that?

I would assume that it would save them a bundle on printing and mailings if they operated like that for everyone.

That is a solution that works for you.

I would like to take the middle road - get a few nice O brochures occasionally but not every other day. How does one accomplish that?

I would assume that it would save them a bundle on printing and mailings if they operated like that for everyone.

Yes, I keep the Your World fancy book -- it just fills the need to touch and dream and compare and enjoy the visual experience. The mailings that do come almost every day go straight to the trash unless I am putting off housecleaning or chores:p. Maybe they could set up once a month as a compromise -- just have it in the TA profiles and online profiles -- should not be hard at all. Save some trees too and I am sure my mailman would be grateful!