What is your favorite month to take a Caribbean cruise?

goldgirl2

Actually February is turning into our favorite month not just because it is our anniversary but good pricing and Southern Caribbean routes usually have awesome weather since it is usually a dry season. Our last one was a 11 night out of Fort Lauderdale that we only had rain for about an hour at see heading to first port, sunshine and perfect temperature every stop. It was Ice and snow in Dallas/Fort Worth area as I as sitting in Barbados at 78 degrees.

We also had slight rain one evening on the return leg at sea.

Just curious. Trying to decide when to go on my next cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Southern Caribbean in March. That's when you MAY see pods of dolphins and humpback whales, like we sometimes do. Worst time is Nov-Dec cause of ground swell and chance of rougher seas ( not bad, but not the greatest). We have gone in November when it was great and other Novembers so-so, but March is always great.

WHENEVER we can get to cruise is a GREAT month for us.

Some months that we probably won't be able to cruise are Sept, March and April....too much headache with the Jewish Holidays that float through those months...but there is plenty of other times to cruise!!

We've only gone in November. We've had great weather in the Caribbean on all 3 of them. Leaving from the east coast, not always great, but this past November leaving from Baltimore was gorgeous and calm and warm.

I'd like to go in February, but don't want to give up all those days to the cold and don't really like to fly.

Just curious. Trying to decide when to go on my next cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As an empty nester we like to cruise just after Spring break and before school lets out in the summer. (at least for the Caribbean, I've never done the Med or Alaska) We've always had great weather while its still not quite nice back home yet.

This Sunday sounds good to me. Yes, I'm on the Freedom Sunday-Sunday.

Great time of year to go - love the decorations!

My kind of philosophy, whatever day and month I am getting on a cruise is GREAT to me.

There are good and bad things about ANY time of year. Sept to Nov can be a rocky time in the Caribbean with it still being hurricane season. June, July, August can be very hot in the Caribbean. Europe has its cool to cold times of year and rainy as well (so that is a downer). You can only cruise Alaska in certain months....so the cruiser needs some flexibility to fit in so many options. Cruising Australia, I would only want to go during their summer months, and the dilemma's abound! So much to put into planning, besides whether school is out and children or college kids are on vacation.

Edited by Paulette3028

I would personally avoid doing the September/October time frame again. It's the peak of hurricane season and when it's good, I'm sure it's great, but we lucked out and got one of those trips where the hurricane is following right at your heels, cancelling ports and excursions left and right and making the weather generally too cloudy/cool to enjoy sunning or the pools. I can't say it was a *terrible* cruise because that's hardly RCI's fault, but it was a bummer when you're intending to be outdoors-y and active.

I'd love to try a winter season cruise next, when prices are lower and while our kids are young enough that we don't have to work around school calendars.

Edited by PuterMonkey
spelling

I would personally avoid doing the September/October time frame again. It's the peak of hurricane season and when it's good, I'm sure it's great, but we lucked out and got one of those trips where the hurricane is following right at your heels, cancelling ports and excursions left and right and making the weather generally too cloudy/cool to enjoy sunning or the pools. I can't say it was a *terrible* cruise because that's hardly RCI's fault, but it was a bummer when you're intending to be outdoors-y and active.

Predicting the weather is impossible we all know. We just came off of a Thanksgiving weekend cruise that we have taken 9 times.....wow, was it rocky. On some past cruises over the same weekend...it was calm and delightful. You just can't know what you will get in November. But we do it anyway...we just love to get away that weekend!

I have enjoyed cruising in September!! Prices are usually down a bit and the weather, so far, has always been perfect! Only one cruise did we take an alternate route due to possible Hurricane, and that was a great cruise!

My husband and I did a B2B in September on FOS, and had the most beautiful weather the entire 2 weeks. Now that the nest is empty, we prefer to sail when school is in session. Better prices, less crowded.

My husband and I did a B2B in September on FOS, and had the most beautiful weather the entire 2 weeks. Now that the nest is empty, we prefer to sail when school is in session. Better prices, less crowded.

Yes! We are three for three in October with no bad weather. Maybe one might catch us one cruise but I'll take that chance. You can't beat the prices and as you said in the USA school is in session! :cool: