B2B or 14 day

turkeysmoker

looking to book b2b on equinox in feb 18 or 14 day on eclipse both sailing Caribbean any advice or comments of which one preferred would be appreciated thx in advance

I had to make the same decision.

The Eclipse 14 nighter is great but much more expensive than two seven night cruises.

We're on Equinox because of the perks at the time. They were better ($300 per voyage times two, or $300 for the 14 nights)

We just want to be at sea on our ocean front condo and don't care about ports.

Just looked at pricing for both and the Eclipse is a little cheaper ($60pp) and has port fees/taxes of $122pp. The Equinox has port fees/taxes of $101 first leg & $135pp second leg so total of $236 each.

I have trouble spending $300 nonrefundable OBC on a 14 day cruise so having that perk twice won't have much benefit to us. I prefer the ports on the Eclipse and the $350 lower cost.

I had to make the same decision.

The Eclipse 14 nighter is great but much more expensive than two seven night cruises.

We're on Equinox because of the perks at the time. They were better ($300 per voyage times two, or $300 for the 14 nights)

We just want to be at sea on our ocean front condo and don't care about ports.

Love your last sentence. Sounds exactly like me. If you don't mind, I would like to use that occasionally.

We've done the 14 day Eclipse 3 times. The ABC islands (Aruba, Bonaire and Curaçao) are wonderful. We had an overnight in Curaçao- 2 full days. It's nice to not interrupt your trip in the middle - you lose a day.

On the b2b you will spend several days traveling from the Caribbean back to Florida and back to the Caribbean. In February, the weather in the Caribbean is so much better than Florida. Get to the Caribbean and stay there for the full time! Plus, turn over day in Florida is sort of a waste.

Also, the Eclipse itinerary (with the ABC islands) is much better that the b2b.

Clear Winner: Eclipse!

Take the 14 day cruise.

You will lose a day & likely your cabin with a B2B sailing. It is worth it to me, not to have repack & be moved on a B2B. Besides who wants to go back to Miami in the middle of their cruise ? I want the least stressful sailings as possible.

You can compare the price (including perks) and the itineraries yourself to suit your own interests.

The important consideration, which is (imo) harder to assess, is how you feel about two identical cruises (same food, same dailies, same entertainment) and one cruise that is scheduled as a continuous cruise with different menus every night, activity schedule etc. You may even have to change cabins between the two cruises, depending upon how you book the cruise(s).

Personally, I would opt for the 14 day cruise without a whole day lost in the middle.

We've only done 1 B2B and several 14 nighters. While everyone has brought up valid points for the 14 night cruise, there is one aspect that has not been brought up. Nothing sweeter than being able to stay on board when everyone else has to get off!

B2B will be basically the same shows, the guests entertainers may change.

The activities will be repeats, the menus in the dining will repeat. You will hear the same stuff from the CD.

You will get double perks for the Captain Club.

On the 14 day cruise you will have the 14 day menu and different shows. The perks will be 1/2 of what you get for the B2B. E.g. 240 internet minutes for Elite Plus instead of 2i Cruise credits will be the same.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

On the b2b you will spend several days traveling from the Caribbean back to Florida and back to the Caribbean. In February, the weather in the Caribbean is so much better than Florida. Get to the Caribbean and stay there for the full time! Plus, turn over day in Florida is sort of a waste.

Well said. I agree, go with the 14day.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Forums mobile app

We totally agree with your post . We have done the 14 day Eclipse seven or eight times now and are booked two more times before they stop. The return weather to Florida is very often lousy.:eek: We travel in November and April on this voyage and we would rather be in Aruba or any island than under often dark grey skies in the Atlantic heading back to Miami. We hate to see the 14 night trips come too an end.

Patty & Fran

lustosail

Boston Ma

Boston Ma

The 14 day in the Ecliipse is my favorite Caribbean itinerary. We have booked it every year for some time now, I am very upset that Celebrity is discontinuing this itinerary and moving the Eclipse. This may be your last chance to experience this wonderful cruise. A B2B forces you to lose one day as it returns to home port. Also the production shows and menu will repeat on the 2nd 7 days.

Go for the 14 day - you can always do a B2B later!

I would go with whichever one is significantly cheaper but you can't go wrong with either choice. One thing we liked with a B2B is that we didn't feel rushed to do everything the first week. We knew if we missed a show or event we could do it the following week so we had a more leisurely schedule. Also, since several ports were the same, we were able to space out our excursions better.

I would definitely do the 14 night, especially this particular one. As has been discussed, it will not be available starting in 2019:(. It is a wonderful cruise on a wonderful ship with wonderful ports. What's not to like! You can always do a b2b in the future - for now if you can get the 14 night Eclipse at a comparable price grab it. You will not be disappointed - guaranteed.

looking to book b2b on equinox in feb 18 or 14 day on eclipse both sailing Caribbean any advice or comments of which one preferred would be appreciated thx in advance

For myself, we prefer the 14 day trip. After 2018 the Eclipse will be repositioned. The Reflection will do at least one in 2019. We did a 14 day B2B on the Regal princess. A few things can happen..You might not have the same cabin all 14 days(luckily we did)The menu may repeat on the second leg of your trip(it did with us)I find the return trip to Florida kind of a wasted day. Some hassles either having to get off & reenter the ship(probably unlikely)

I would definitely do the 14 night, especially this particular one. As has been discussed, it will not be available starting in 2019:(. It is a wonderful cruise on a wonderful ship with wonderful ports. What's not to like! You can always do a b2b in the future - for now if you can get the 14 night Eclipse at a comparable price grab it. You will not be disappointed - guaranteed.

The Reflection will do the 14 days in Dec. & early Jan. 2018/2019

• 2 months later...

For me it is not a lost day if you take it as a day on the high seas and both sections have different itineraries.

Always there will be many different opinions. Already without the 14-night stand in the Eclipse choose 21 Nights in Silhouette, 1st leg of 9 nights and second leg of 12 nights. Different islands in each leg and the same cabin.

Edited by gerelmx

We love to get away from the cold weather for two weeks every January. After a few trips on the Eclipse, we did a btb on the Reflection last year. One week was Eastern,the other Western Caribbean. As others have pointed out, there were repeat menus, shows etc and wasted days returning and leaving Miami.

We were fortunate having the same cabin for both legs. Be aware that on the second embarkation day, you must leave the ship ( not a big deal ) and you can not return to your cabin until the rooms open up for everyone around 1:30.

We are booked again for 2018 on the Eclipse.