Here's what RCCL serves for soft serve

This is one area where NCL ohtdoes RCL. On NCL, they have hard scooped ice cream at the buffet.

Celebrity has the same,. different flavors every day. along with many toppings and sauces. I could have eaten the cinnamon ice cream all day......

This is a very old urban legend and there never has been any truth to it at all.

https://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en-us/product/vanilla-shake-small.html

For you link

VANILLA SHAKE SYRUP

Ingredients: Corn Syrup, Water, Caramel Color, Natural Flavor, Salt, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate (Preservative), Pectin, Sugar. May contain small amounts of other shake flavors served at the restaurant, including egg ingredients when Egg Nog Shakes are available.

So, where's the milk?

The ingredient list looks like a recipe for plastic.

It is! It is! That stuff is not ice cream. I call it 'Squirt Cream' (and there is no 'cream' in it). There is a world of difference in that and real ice cream made with real cream.

I try my best to avoid foods made with chemicals, chemical by products, artificial anything, flavor enhancers, etc.

Why does McDonalds need a 'flavor enhancer' in an 'all beef, 100% hamburger' ?

All the JR milkshakes we have had on Oasis Class ships have been made with real hand scoped ice cream.

Perhaps on Anthem, since JR is on the upper decks, the JR staff might have to stock the ice cream machines or at least house the products. Just a thought/suggestion as you can’t make good milkshakes out of soft serve.

soft serve plus chocolate milk stolen from breakfast buffet=really good pseudo-milkshake! But agree, hand-scooped is better!

Just if anyone is interested, get a cup of hot chocolate and only fill it half way up, then add as much soft serve to fill up the mug and then ENJOY.

You can try it in your coffee also, but for just sheer sweetness and yummy good, hot chocolate works the best.

Cheers

Len

FWIW ....

If you like the soft serve ... great

If you prefer hard ice cream ... great

If you'd rather have fruit and save the calories for something you'd enjoy more ... great

To each their own!

We are on a cruise ... why would it be an either/or.

Pssh you guys don’t know what you’re talking about. I love soft serve. Had Strawberry soft serve on Anthem last week and it was awesome.

I like the strawberry soft serve, too, but finding it onboard has been hit or miss for me. Many times, they only have vanilla and chocolate.

For you link

VANILLA SHAKE SYRUP

Ingredients: Corn Syrup, Water, Caramel Color, Natural Flavor, Salt, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate (Preservative), Pectin, Sugar. May contain small amounts of other shake flavors served at the restaurant, including egg ingredients when Egg Nog Shakes are available.

So, where's the milk?

https://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en-us/product/chocolate-shake-small.html

VANILLA REDUCED FAT ICE CREAM

Ingredients: Milk, Sugar, Cream, Corn Syrup, Natural Flavor, Mono and Diglycerides, Cellulose Gum, Guar Gum, Carrageenan, Vitamin A Palmitate.

Contains: MILK.

What you showed is only the ingredient list for the syrups that they use to flavor the shake, the base of the shake is always Vanilla soft serve if you have a chocolate shake they add chocolate shake syrup Etc.

Really? To me it looks like a recipe for soft serve ice cream.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Good news. You're both right! It is both a recipe for soft ice cream AND a recipe for plastic. Tastes great and it's also very nutritious.

As some said, ...you're on vacation, so eat yourself into oblivion, smoke til you cannot breathe, and drink til you pass out and foster your cirrhosis. You have to die of something. Buy that booze package and be sure you drink enough to get your money's worth. ( Notice how they almost call it the alcoholic's package) Hmmmm. Can I say that? Wouldn't want to offend anyone and have my post deleted. :D

Every food for consumption has something in it that has been proven bad for you, even health foods (especially health foods) and organic (especially organic). Those things are notoriously NOT healthy or mislabeled. So who're ya gonna trust? Nobody.:cool:

Hey people eat bugs with bacteria all over the world. I don't pay attention to that stuff. If I want it I eat it.

Same with germs on the ship, I just wash my hands, keep myself clean and use the alcohol pumps when told. I do have an immune system that works pretty well thank you.

Seriously, life is way too short..............:halo:walk those stairs!

Every food for consumption has something in it that has been proven bad for you, even health foods (especially health foods) and organic (especially organic). Those things are notoriously NOT healthy or mislabeled. So who're ya gonna trust? Nobody.:cool:

Hey people eat bugs with bacteria all over the world. I don't pay attention to that stuff. If I want it I eat it.

Same with germs on the ship, I just wash my hands, keep myself clean and use the alcohol pumps when told. I do have an immune system that works pretty well thank you.

Seriously, life is way too short..............:halo:walk those stairs!

When I was kid, and something fell on the ground, my mother would say "You'll eat a ton of dirt before you die, it's fine". And "Yes" to stairs. I eat what I want on cruises, but only take the elevator when I have luggage getting on or off. 2 years ago I lost weight on a cruise.

Then there are the not so lucky ones like me that are lactose intolerant and can't have this stuff or the real ice cream in the MDR or WJ. Man, I miss ice cream...and cheese. If I could, I would destroy a big heaping cone of either one of these right now. Then it would destroy me.

"the line will remove trans fat oils from its recipes" ...see what are trying to say, but this isn't going change. It's a standard in the Rest industry.

So that means a lot the food in the Windjammer may still have trans fats in it. Especially the fried stuff.