Serenade of the Seas - bed comfort

• 2 months later...

More feedback please needed for recent cruisers. I have had some really bad back issues and this has become paramount to me. I cannot sleep on the ultra firm mattresses any longer. I have requested a foam topper but it seems hit or miss. I am prepared to bring something like others are suggesting, but would like to hear from recent Serenade of the Seas cruisers about this. Thanks.

Just off Serenade less than a month ago. Three of us in separate cabins... 9660, 9258, 9256 aft cabins. I was glad I brought a blow up mattress. Other two thought beds were ok but hard. For $50, I was glad I had the air mattress. Requested foam topper before the cruise, was assured it would be there... NO... just two mattress pads that were as thin as could be. Steward said no more egg crates.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

More feedback please needed for recent cruisers... would like to hear from recent Serenade of the Seas cruisers about this. Thanks.

I suggest you post on two or three of the recent Roll Calls. People still gather there to chat after they return home - perhaps you will get the answer you are looking for. Personally, I found the bed amazing, but that was last year and you almost seem not to want that review. :o

Edited by Langley Cruisers

We just got off Serenade of the Seas on Friday in aft balcony cabin 1102. The bed was too firm for us and there doesn't seem to be a solution on the ship to take care of the problem. I did not sleep well either night---kept waking up with aches and pains. But it sure felt good to get home and sleep all night long without waking.

The first few times we cruised we thought the beds were the most comfortable we had ever slept on, but that hasn't been the case for a few years now.

We just got of Serenade on Friday (in cabin 1600 aft balcony), and emailed Special Needs to request a mattress topper 2 weeks prior to sailing. Our bed had a topper and was great. I think Walter will be your Stateroom Attendant. As him for a temperpedic pillow too.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

We just got of Serenade on Friday (in cabin 1600 aft balcony), and emailed Special Needs to request a mattress topper 2 weeks prior to sailing. Our bed had a topper and was great. I think Walter will be your Stateroom Attendant. As him for a temperpedic pillow too.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

Thanks for that info. We will ask prior to the cruise next time. Our stateroom attendant was not very responsive. We had to beg for an extra chair for the balcony to use as a stool. Other aft balconies we have booked have had a lounge. We never did get robes and had to beg for the upgraded shampoo, but no big deal on either. Unfortunately, our bed was just too miserable to get a good night's sleep.

Just off Serenade less than a week ago. The bed was OK...not particularly comfortable or uncomfortable. We slept pretty well most nights. Oh, the ship did not rock at all this time...the rocking is not a sure thing on every cruise. :)

Thanks for the feedback. I emailed special services and they confirmed no more foam toppers, just pads. Some people said this was ok but those who are suffering from back issues which lead to hip issues from a hard mattress convinced me to just purchase the static v camping pads. I bought two lux versions since they are wider which will cover more of the bed for both of us. Found them on sale on one site for almost half price.

• 1 year later...

I find the mattress is OK but I have a problem with the crack when two mattresses make 1 large bed. We like to be close at night and one of us always ends up in the uncomfortable crack in the middle of the bed. Then it separates more and gets more uncomfortable. Sometimes the sheets are tight enough to minimize it but that only lasts a short time. This is on every RCCL ship we have been on and I always report it on the comment card.

Is there any way to solve this problem? Do any ships have a single queen or king mattress?

I find the mattress is OK but I have a problem with the crack when two mattresses make 1 large bed. We like to be close at night and one of us always ends up in the uncomfortable crack in the middle of the bed. Then it separates more and gets more uncomfortable. Sometimes the sheets are tight enough to minimize it but that only lasts a short time. This is on every RCCL ship we have been on and I always report it on the comment card.

Is there any way to solve this problem? Do any ships have a single queen or king mattress?

No, singles...

How comfortable are the beds on Serenade? We just got off the Anthem and the beds were hard and very uncomfortable.

Off a week ago. Quite comfortable bed. The mattress was quite firm, but there were FOUR thin mattress toppers under the sheets. They did the trick

Either the OS or GS has a one piece mattress

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Oop's Yes Suites, also 2 Bed 2 Bath Suite on Serenade has a one piece mattress in the Master Suite..

Most this thread is older. Last year they replaced all mattresses on Serenade. Still firm but not Rock Hard as before,