No M&M Party on Freedom 6/9

Shak

We had over the 25 minimum for a Cruise Critic Party and we all got the confirmation email well before our cruise. I last checked about a month before the cruise and there were 38 I believe. After boarding I did not get the invitation to the M&M Party so I asked the Diamond concierge to see why. Later that evening on day 2 I got a message that there was no party scheduled because no one signed up. I told that was not true and said the IT at Royal is having issues with M&M and she told me she would check further. Today is day 4 so we’ll see if there is any developments. I’ll let you all know.

Shak

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had over the 25 minimum for a Cruise Critic Party and we all got the confirmation email well before our cruise. I last checked about a month before the cruise and there were 38 I believe. After boarding I did not get the invitation to the M&M Party so I asked the Diamond concierge to see why. Later that evening on day 2 I got a message that there was no party scheduled because no one signed up. I told that was not true and said the IT at Royal is having issues with M&M and she told me she would check further. Today is day 4 so we’ll see if there is any developments. I’ll let you all know.

Shak

Yes Royal's IT is having an issue with the meet and mingle sign up.

Many on our BRILLANCE TA this September has had to re sign up at least 3 times!

Shak

Thanks, looking forward to hearing about this.

I had to sign up 4 times as well as others on our July 12 Anthem cruise. I am so sick of the IT dept. They need a whole new crew in that area. I think my 3rd grade GS could do a better job.
If the IT issues were reducing our fares by $10 just before final payment.......Royal would be correcting it within the hour.[emoji41]

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Here is what the M&M site shows for your sailing...

"No guests have signed up for the Royal Caribbean Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle for the Freedom Of The Seas sailing on 09-Jun-2018."

This is what is also listed for our upcoming cruise on the 23rd even though about 14 of us have registered & we all got the same "you now have 25 members" BS so it does appear to be truly BUSTED

Edited by ndabunka

Maybe this is how they discourage the M&M - every 3 days they have a process that goes out and deletes the list of signups.

It would seem from casual observation and little researched fact, that this seems to have occurred for people over a few weeks of sailings. My 2019 cruise hasn't been affected, I'm watching that one trying to get the sign up to 25 by the end of the year.

Our Liberty cruise that leaves Sunday had 59 people in late May. Last week, we had 0. I emailed the xplora address that it gives to ask questions, but no response (SURPRISE!). I'm sure we'll be in the same predicament.

The confirmed party link seems to be down as well.

We had 61 signed up to a M&M for November then they rewound the clock and we're back up to 8 now from 0. I had to sign up again. Any idea if there's someone I can contact? Am trying to arrange on board activities..... helps when I'm emailing that it actually looks like we have active participants!! :eek::confused::mad:

/rant over

I am on a cruise June 24 on the Jewel and we have had ongoing issues of disappearing names after M and M was confirmed. I reached out directly to my concierge who reached out to on board group activities manager and I will be emailing the list to them of CC names, first name, last initial and cabin number. I have posted in my roll call for people to email me thru an email I have just for cruising. Many people are fed up and frustrated with issue. Some are already cruising. My “aol” list is 14 people. I think it will not happen but at least I tried. And Laura from Cruise Critic knows I have attempted to circle beyond the problems from Royal’s i.t. Same disappearing names problems have happened with 2 more cruises I have later this year. Jewel again and Allure.

I am on a cruise June 24 on the Jewel and we have had ongoing issues of disappearing names after M and M was confirmed. I reached out directly to my concierge who reached out to on board group activities manager and I will be emailing the list to them of CC names, first name, last initial and cabin number. I have posted in my roll call for people to email me thru an email I have just for cruising. Many people are fed up and frustrated with issue. Some are already cruising. My “aol” list is 14 people. I think it will not happen but at least I tried. And Laura from Cruise Critic knows I have attempted to circle beyond the problems from Royal’s i.t. Same disappearing names problems have happened with 2 more cruises I have later this year. Jewel again and Allure.

Hi. Thanks for the idea of going through the Concierge. How do I get hold of their contact details? I'm D+. VOS.

Why is the M&M so important to some?

for people who have booked private excursions with others it is a way to meet before everyone gets into a van. And as Bob wrote, its a good way to meet face to face with the people who we have been correpsonding with thru Roll Calls.

People get aquainted on the Roll Call and would like to meet face to face.

A lot of people are flying into the port the night before. I like to set up a pre-cruise meet & greet. A nice social, relaxing time to get to know Roll Call friends.

Yes Royal's IT is having an issue with the meet and mingle sign up.

Many on our BRILLANCE TA this September has had to re sign up at least 3 times!

Yes!! We are on Indy Sept 22 and I have personally signed us up 4 times!! I have a printed confirmation from January for 40 and it continue to fluctuate daily!! Its driving many of us crazy. Hope its fixed soon. I plan on taking all my printed confirmations with me to the service desk if I don't have a M&M invite in my cabin when I board. We are telling folks on the boards to resign up. Let us know how this works out for you since you on now on board. Good Luck.

I know on Princess there is no sign up for a M&M, one needs to contact the ship and arrange a get together, I hope RCCL isn't going down this path. I won't be sailing on a Royal Cruise until 2020, so not sure what will happen by then. Daughter & I are taking a cruise to Hawaii in March of 2019 but not with Royal this time.

A lot of people are flying into the port the night before. I like to set up a pre-cruise meet & greet. A nice social, relaxing time to get to know Roll Call friends.

We also have set up informal M&Ms at a bar/lounge right before muster. Easier to mingle than at the formal M&Ms, plus no dealing with RC changing the date/time/venue without notifying people.

Same thing has happened now 4 times on the Serenade Transatlantic for Aug 26, 2018. At one point, we had over 80 people signed up, just to have it revert back to zero. It never ceases to amaze me how the IT dept can manage to mess up even the simplest of things... over and over :confused:

Melissa