Royal Caribbean trip insurance

Hello,

We are planning to do the Symphony Trans Atlantic in October. We have a sick family member and were thinking of buying the trip insurance just in case if we have to come back to the states. What does the Royal Caribbean trip insurance cover and not cover if you cancel a trip due to family member being sick or a funeral?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don’t believe Royals insurance covers pre-existing conditions for non traveling family members.

That would be the coverage you need. That or Cancel For Any Reason

You are correct in that it doesn't cover pre-existing conditions for immediate family not traveling with you.

However, it does have a "cancel for any reason option" but it is in the form of a cruise credit at 75% of the loss amount. You also have to use the cruise credit within one year.

Many CC members have used insuremytrip, it’s definitely legit!

If you are considering cancel for any reason coverage, note that a third party insurer will refund you in cash rather than in the form of a credit with RC.

Have you used this site before? I was just getting ready to call Royal about our upcoming Med. Cruise. Prices and coverage are definitely better!

We have used them several times. Each time we went with a Travelguard policy and it was $50-$75 cheaper then using the travguard website.

Royals coverage is usually only better if your in the 80+ crowd.

I don’t believe Royals insurance covers pre-existing conditions for non traveling family members.

That would be the coverage you need. That or Cancel For Any Reason

You are correct in that it doesn't cover pre-existing conditions for immediate family not traveling with you.

However, it does have a "cancel for any reason option" but it is in the form of a cruise credit at 75% of the loss amount. You also have to use the cruise credit within one year.

That's nonsense. You are buying insurance for yourself, not every immediate family member you have at home

Does the insurance cover cancelation of the cruise due to pregnancy? My wife is currently 9 weeks pregnant and were considering booking a Canada / New England for the 1st week of Sept. I wondered if we booked the cruise and if there was a complication, would the insurance cover it?

Does the insurance cover cancelation of the cruise due to pregnancy? My wife is currently 9 weeks pregnant and were considering booking a Canada / New England for the 1st week of Sept. I wondered if we booked the cruise and if there was a complication, would the insurance cover it?

Each polciy is different, you have to read the policy details.

That's nonsense. You are buying insurance for yourself, not every immediate family member you have at home

What I was referring to was that if you have an immediate family member who either passes away or gets sick and the death or illness was caused by a pre-existing condition then the VPP doesn’t pay. If say, they have an car accident or an illness that was not previously diagnosed then the policy will cover your trip interruption or cancellation.

What I was referring to was that if you have an immediate family member who either passes away or gets sick and the death or illness was caused by a pre-existing condition then the VPP doesn’t pay. If say, they have an car accident or an illness that was not previously diagnosed then the policy will cover your trip interruption or cancellation.

Absolutely wrong

Don’t forget that in order for the “cancel for any reason” clause to be valid, you must purchase the policy within a certain number of days of your deposit (I had 21 days on my last booking). Booked through my TA and used Travel Insured. Have used them before. I always buy insurance for the cancel for any reason and the medical evacuation! Better to be safe.

Don't you have to cancel 48 hours before your cruise starts for cancel for any reason insurance?

If so that wouldn't help OP get back to the states once on their cruise.

I would definitely call and talk to the insurance company before paying anything to be sure that the family member not cruising was covered.

Bill

Another source is http://www.tripinsurancestore.com

But you have to shop around and look at the coverage and prices. Each policy is different, and what is right for YOU is not necessarily right for me.

Sometimes the only reasonably priced coverage is the company policy (mainly for older people).

So do some research and determine what your needs are.

Absolutely wrong

I don't think so. I just looked at both of my current policies for upcoming cruises. They both cover under Trip Cancellation and Interruption "Sickness or Injury of a Family Member not traveling with the insured." It goes on to say it must be "so disabling" to actually cause the cancellation/interruption, which death would certainly qualify for.

I can't speak for Royal's policy, but the two I have are from TravelGuard and Berkshire Hathaway.

I don't think so. I just looked at both of my current policies for upcoming cruises. They both cover under Trip Cancellation and Interruption "Sickness or Injury of a Family Member not traveling with the insured." It goes on to say it must be "so disabling" to actually cause the cancellation/interruption, which death would certainly qualify for.

I can't speak for Royal's policy, but the two I have are from TravelGuard and Berkshire Hathaway.

So what does that have to do with pre existing condition of someone at home?

Travel Guard Platinum - only one we've used for years even if its just a week in Scotland. Travel Guard Gold is usually good enough for most people but it really depends on where you are going. Example, if you get sick or have an accident in a lot of countries you want to be Air Evac to a country with really modern medical. Say Sri Lanka - head for Singapore.

One of my nieces used to work on those kind of flights. She had one where they had to fly to Egypt, pick up the patient and the evacuate him back to Houston Tx for big time heart surgery. $400,000.00 plane trip without insurance.

RLK