Urgent advice!!

cruisenovice2

hello all, I have never sailed Carnival and it appears I won’t. After booking a cruise with 3 other ladies, two to a room, I have found out I will not be able to go. The cruise is less than 30 days away, I know my money is lost, but I am wondeting how this will affect my cabin mate, since my share is already paid for, does she just get the room to herself, will this cost her any extra. All advice is welcomed. Sick to my stomach over this.

You're best option is to no show. Then nothing will change for the fare your roommate is paying. If you cancel, you will lose money and they will make the other guest pay the single rate which is the same as 2 people.

Do not tell Carnival. Just be a no-show on embarkation day. If you notify Carnival, your roommate could be subject to paying the single supplement which is usually 100% extra. If you no-show, there is no penalty to your roommate, and you already know you won't get your money back. You'll likely get a refund though to your original form of payment equal to the taxes and port charges you've already paid.

Do not tell Carnival. Just be a no-show on embarkation day. If you notify Carnival, your roommate could be subject to paying the single supplement which is usually 100% extra. If you no-show, there is no penalty to your roommate, and you already know you won't get your money back. You'll likely get a refund though to your original form of payment equal to the taxes and port charges you've already paid.

Since they have already been paid in full for the cabin and will not give OP refund will they really ask for more money?

As far as Carnival is concerned, you are still going on the cruise, so how can they charge your cabin-mate any more?

I would feel bad for myself if not going but your cabin-mate is getting a nice bit of extra space all to herself, so she's probably not going to be too awful upset!

Just don't tell Carnival - they would rather move your friend to a solo cabin and resell the cabin to two people so they can make even more money! They already have your money so don't let them make more.

Just don't tell Carnival - they would rather move your friend to a solo cabin and resell the cabin to two people so they can make even more money!

I'm aware of solo interior Studio cabins available on the NCL 'Away" ships and the solos on the RCL Anthem, Harmony and Symphony.

Carnival has 1A cabins that sleep 2 in upper/lower or twin bed/convertible sofa.

What Carnival ship has solo cabins?

As others have said, your roommate should be a "no-show" and not say anything ahead of time to Carnival. When she checks in at the terminal and they ask about her roommate, all she has to say is that you couldn't make it. I have done that on two cruises when DH decided not to go. His taxes were refunded right away.

As others have said, your roommate should be a "no-show" and not say anything ahead of time to Carnival. When she checks in at the terminal and they ask about her roommate, all she has to say is that you couldn't make it. I have done that on two cruises when DH decided not to go. His taxes were refunded right away.

They probably won't even ask seeing how you all have your own boarding passes now. If it were me and they asked, I would just say that you were checking in later. I wouldn't say you weren't coming.

When the port agent ask the cruiser where their roommate is or however they phrase it, just tell them parking the car, already checked in, on their way, or something like that. The cruiser will be ready to say the other has all their own paperwork, etc... If they ask. The cruiser needs to just be cool about it.

The non cruiser will receive a call from carnival at almost sail time to see where they are and if they are coming.

When checking in, if the agent asks where the other party is, rather than making up some total bull about "she's parking the car" all you have to say is that you're not sure he/she is going to make it. No need for the person cruising to be stressing about what to say - the person checking you in shouldn't be all that interested and may not even ask.

But, the OP shouldn't call to cancel - because they may very well make the other pay solo rate.

When DH decided not to go on the cruise, I still checked him in on-line ahead of time. When the agent asked about him and I said he wasn't going to make it, they acted like it was no big deal and just put his S&S card aside and proceeded as normal. I got a notice in my cabin the first night saying his taxes would be refunded.