Silhouette is great!

Suzcruz57

I was reading a bit before our cruise, we're on her now 2/11-18, and read the reviews on cruise critic. The day we set said was a very negative post. Of course I didn't share this with hubby as negative Nancy I am not. Especially since the first place he wanted to dine was the Lawn club. Let me just tell you it was nothing like the negative post I read. Delicious food, fun atmosphere and very attentive service. So I guess it's all in perception. The ship is lovely and so are the crew. I'm sure there will be those out there who will pick apart my post, but to each his own. My glass is half full and we enjoy life. Select dining was fine, waited maybe 4 minutes to get a table and the gal in charge of finding us a table was accommodating and pleasant.

I was reading a bit before our cruise, we're on her now 2/11-18, and read the reviews on cruise critic. The day we set said was a very negative post. Of course I didn't share this with hubby as negative Nancy I am not. Especially since the first place he wanted to dine was the Lawn club. Let me just tell you it was nothing like the negative post I read. Delicious food, fun atmosphere and very attentive service. So I guess it's all in perception. The ship is lovely and so are the crew. I'm sure there will be those out there who will pick apart my post, but to each his own. My glass is half full and we enjoy life. Select dining was fine, waited maybe 4 minutes to get a table and the gal in charge of finding us a table was accommodating and pleasant.

Have a great cruise! We were on her Jan 14 - Jan 26 and had a great time overall! Small issues in the bigger scheme. Our cabin stewardess, PAZ was our best in over 30 cruises.

I have actually changed to 6.30 dining for our upcoming 28 days B2B on Silly after years of mytime dining. My mother is very elderly and even on recent cruises on the Eclipse, we were having problems with the freestyle dining. Don't need aggro.

Will actually also be trying the Buffet in the evening - unheard of for us!!!

I did notice many empty tables in the classic dining - while beepers were being handed out in freestyle. Perhaps they should be thinking about reversing the decks i.e. freestyle downstairs and classic upstairs.

I did notice many empty tables in the classic dining - while beepers were being handed out in freestyle. Perhaps they should be thinking about reversing the decks i.e. freestyle downstairs and classic upstairs.

They did this on Infinity and Summit. Maybe that's why there isn't usually an issue - at least in my experience, and on these two ships.

I don't put much stock in individual reviews because so much that happens on any particular cruise is very situational. The one about anytime dining could have been the result of everyone wanting to eat at the same time and not being flexible about it. Or maybe the crew made the necessary adjustments to work out the kinks. People who experience problems are more motivated to expound on them. It's better to read reviews and identify systematic problems so at least you're prepared for how you will deal with them.

We have done 7 cruises, 3 on Celebrity - Equinox, Summit, Infinity. Will be on Silhouette in Aug, 2018. Glad to hear good experiences. One question - on Equinox, Cafe al Bacio had these wonderful mini lemon tarts but they weren't on Summit or Infinity. Are they just on Equinox, just on S ships, random???

Happy to hear your great report on Silhouette and, especially, the Lawn Club. I board this Sunday, when you get off. The Lawn Club was going to be my one speciality dinner, but after I read the review your reference, I was rethinking it. Now, I am back to my original plan of dining there. Thank you.

Thank you for your post. We are also sailing her on February 25. Any possibility you can post a photo of the officers’ info page from the first daily or tell us who the captain, guest relations mgr. hotel director and cruise director are?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’m happy to read that you’re having a positive experience thus far. Yes, there have been a number of negative reviews recently, though many people reported great experiences last year. It does seem they had a temporary glitch, which is now hopefully all sorted. Enjoy! We board her in June:)

We enjoy reviewing the CC awards every year. For large ships we checked 8 categories that concern us. For 2018 71 out of 80 winners were either Celebrity or Royal nearly sweeping the Service category - Disney Dream slipped in at number 9. Pretty impressive for the corporation especially considering the crappy websites.

We'll be on her for our first X cruise 3/11/18 and are definitely looking forward to it. We read a lot of reviews and you'll always find a Negative Nancy but it sure seems like the positive X reviews far outnumber them. So are you Silhouette Suzy now? :D

You bet👍👍🚢

Glad you are having a positive experience. We sail on Silhouette on Feb 25 and plan on going to the Lawn Club twice. Besides Murano's it has been one of our favorite restaurants. Something about dining outside in February.

Our dinner at Lawn Club was great. Lunch not so, nor were the passengers sitting at table next to us. Short version, they sent burger back 3 times as it was undercooked. They suggested we order well done. We did and burgers came to us with uncooked in middle. LG manager did offer to redo, we did not want to spend the time to wait, so he did not charge us, thus doing the right thing. FYI, Mast Grill hockey pucks were cooked throughout and tasted very good as I wanted to compare, with a very long line. Hot fries too.

I had Dover Sole (delicious) twice on our cruise and had Yandhi as our server. He was excellent!

Hope you enjoy your cruise too!

We enjoy reviewing the CC awards every year. For large ships we checked 8 categories that concern us. For 2018 71 out of 80 winners were either Celebrity or Royal nearly sweeping the Service category - Disney Dream slipped in at number 9. Pretty impressive for the corporation especially considering the crappy websites.

Our experience was very positive on Silhouette Jan 14- Jan 26. Only had one interaction with a non interested server of ice cream at Cafe al Bacio.

You are right about web site, but hoping overtime it gets better.

Happy to hear your great report on Silhouette and, especially, the Lawn Club. I board this Sunday, when you get off. The Lawn Club was going to be my one speciality dinner, but after I read the review your reference, I was rethinking it. Now, I am back to my original plan of dining there. Thank you.

We are on the same cruise and I was getting nervous from some of the reviews. So thankful for this post!

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! We set sail on the Silhouette when you return on the 18th and like others I was getting nervous reading so many negative comments. I too am a glass half full person but I was really starting to worry. This is our first cruise without our children, our first Celebrity Cruise and our first 7 night cruise. Thank you, you've relieved my fears that I just wasted a ton of money. Have a great time.

I’m glad you are having a great time! But I don’t think you really can say “it’s all in perception” if you saw WonderMan3’s photos of his meal there. I’m glad things improved.

Thank you! It’s not “perception” when your server fails to take your drink order or forgets to ever come by later in the meal to ask if you’d like another after your drink has been sitting empty for some time. It’s not “perception” when the restaurant is blasting Guns ‘n Roses music so loud you have to strain to hear your table mates talking. It’s not “perception” when your steaks are not cooked to the temperature you requested. It’s not “perception” when there is virtually no lobster meat in your lobster Mac and Cheese. It’s not “perception” when speaking to the restaurant manager politely at the end of the meal to let him know the positive and negative aspects of the meal and he starts to come up with defensive excuses.

“Perception” has to do with if you thought something tasted good or not or if there was enough variety on the menu, all subjective views. And while I may have mentioned a few things that were subjective in my LIVE from thread, like the great tasting pizza or the lousy tasting side dishes, the issues that caused us to speak to a manager had nothing to do with the subjective items.

The fact that others have commented on this site and on another Celebrity page I frequent with similar complaints about the service, noise and food quality with particular items made me think that this was not an isolated issue but rather an ongoing problem or at the least an inconsistent ongoing problem. But I wish people would not dismiss other’s negative experiences offhand just because they happened to have a good experience or are possibly more tolerant of poor service.